Senior Bowl week

Lurker

1 minute ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

He appears more a power guy than a rusher with moves.

Huh?  We watching the same guy?    I see a guy with good movement and hand skills who's abusing the OTs with his speed/moves...

• Like (+1) 1

Allen should watch tapes of Herbert's long run in the first quarter.  The guy tucked the ball the entire way.

1 minute ago, Lurker said:

Huh?  We watching the same guy?    I see a guy with good movement and hand skills who's abusing the OTs with his speed/moves...

He is fast/quick.

Another Athletic write-up, this one on WR prospects at the Sr Bowl, from Matt Fairburn

https://theathletic.com/1560187/2020/01/24/wide-receiver-standouts-at-senior-bowl-show-the-bills-can-be-patient-in-2020-draft/

(subscription, trial available)

Spoiler: Fairburn's take in order.  Sounds like he's basing it largely off Dane Brugler's board?

Michael Pittman Jr., USC

6-foot-4 and 219 pounds, the son of former NFL running back Michael Pittman was a handful for opposing cornerbacks this week.

Boosting Pittman Jr.’s value is the fact that he can play special teams. He blocked four punts while at USC and is eager to play that role again in the NFL. Due to his size, some question his speed, but Pittman Jr. said he’ll quiet those concerns

Chase Claypool, Notre Dame

6-foot-4 and nearly 230 pounds and plays up to that size. Brugler pointed out that Claypool was showing off “freaky athleticism” during practice this week. (doesnt mention teams)

Antonio Gandy-Golden, Liberty

“He’s quiet in interview settings, but he plays like an alpha and that’s what matters,” one NFC scout said of Gandy-Golden. “He never played on special teams, so that will make him a tougher sell in the draft room.”

Collin Johnson, Texas

Unlike a lot of college receivers, Collin Johnson saw a fair amount of press coverage at Texas. He estimated that he saw press on 80 or 90 percent of his snaps. While that may be a bit high, Johnson was challenged at the line of scrimmage. At 6-foot-6 and 220 pounds, Johnson has the size to deal with NFL cornerbacks, but the question will be whether he’s quick enough and fast enough to beat that type of coverage in the NFL.

Jauan Jennings, Tennessee

Jauan Jennings is the type of physical presence currently lacking in the Bills’ receiver room. He led the nation in broken tackles by a receiver and brings value on special teams.

Denzel Mims, Baylor

I’ve been loosely scanning my cable guide looking for the game...while forgetting AT&T dropped the NFLN (with no reduction in cost, of course). I switched over to DTV, and it’s already on the NFLN. THANKS, AT&T! ? 

Just now, Warcodered said:

That would of been an incredible play if Claypool had gotten his feet down.

The first play I saw, and it was an impressive effort. 

5 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Kelly RB with over 100 yards in the Senior Bowl that's pretty good.

I liked his vision and gliding running style.    Always seemed to make good decisions.   

He'd be a nice complementary back to Motor, but probably raised his draft stock too much for the Bills to snag him now...

2 hours ago, Lurker said:

Frustrating game so far for evaluating the WRs.   Bad O-line play with meh QB play is keeping the WRs on hold.

Guys who've impressed me so far are Bradlee Anae (edge, Utah) and Joshua Kelly (RB, UCLA)...

Draft Joshua Kelley as Devin's backup. The Bills would not regret this. He's a perfect McB type player. You might even get him in the 4th? Watched every game he played and he was the only quality player at UCLA. And he ran behind a bad oline.

Edited by LABILLBACKER

22 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Draft Joshua Kelley as Devin's backup. The Bills would not regret this. He's a perfect McB type player. You might even get him in the 4th? Watched every game he played and he was the only quality player at UCLA. And he ran behind a bad oline.

He was excellent in the game.   Sneaky smooth with great vision.    Totally different running style from Singletary, so yes, he'd be a nice change up.     I've read that he's a good receiver too.