Senior Bowl week

Lurker

3 minutes ago, Lurker said:

He was excellent in the game.   Sneaky smooth with great vision.    Totally different running style from Singletary, so yes, he'd be a nice change up.     I've read that he's a good receiver too.   

Kids' a stud with good character and attitude.  Great vision as you said and his oline at UCLA was awful. Good hands as a receiver. 

1 minute ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Kids' a stud with good character and attitude.  Great vision as you said and his oline at UCLA was awful. Good hands as a receiver. 

He probably elevated his draft standing into the late 2nd/early 3rd round this week.   Not sure the Bills want to go RB that soon, but I'd be happy to have him...

One guy nobody is talking about in Quartney Davis WR Texas A&M. This kid is impressive. I went to the practices. Strong lower body, thicker looking kid, great speed and route runner. Great hands and muscles through defenders to fight for the ball. 6’2 200 lbs. His build is what sets him apart. Had a solid game today too.... he’s in the third round talk, but I think he may be a steal. He’s legit.

Just now, CEN-CAL17 said:

One guy nobody is talking about in Quartney Davis WR Texas A&M. This kid is impressive. I went to the practices. Strong lower body, thicker looking kid, great speed and route runner. Great hands and muscles through defenders to fight for the ball. 6’2 200 lbs. His build is what sets him apart. Had a solid game today too.... he’s in the third round talk, but I think he may be a steal. He’s legit.

I can see why a lot of scouts skip the game after the week of practices.   The WRs were almost afterthoughts today and it was really not much of a day to evaluate them.    I hope the coaching staff and scouts got a good read on guys they like during the week...

10 minutes ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

He lead the two teams in receptions at 4 but I hadn't seen much about him.

Also 2nd most receiving yards behind Darius Anderson RB.

Edited by Warcodered

35 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

I am interested in what Beane thinks of Gandy-Golden. Kid looks big, fast, and good hands. 

I saw liberty a few times and he had some drops and can be moved off his spot in press

Isn't a polished route runner and doesn't play special teams so I'm thinking high of round 3 but probably round 4-5

He isn't super athletic for NFL terms but is really good at contested catches and that brings a Red zone quality

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 1/24/2020 at 7:31 AM, Lurker said:

I'd love to see the Bills draft this kid in the 4th round.  He reminds me of the type of player the Pats used to pick that seemed sort of meh at first, but through smarts, technique and work ethic turned into an effective,  'Doh!  Why didn't we draft him?" kind of player.     

His moves are so silky and refined for a college player (albeit, a 23-year old playing against 18, 19, 20 year olds should have an edge) .  Now, with the top speed at the Senior Bowl, he looks even better.   

He'd have to play special teams at that draft slot, which I don't know if he can, but I want to follow this kid's career, wherever he lands...

Jefferson's dad is the "just give it to them" receiver from that 1998 atrocity in New England.

My biggest take away watching bits of this and all of the Shrine game last week is that this is not a deep defensive draft. Not sure how many guys you are going to find after round 3 who have any chance of making an impact. I think the Bills probably want to take a pass rusher somewhere in their first 3 picks but if I was them I'd be happy to go offense the rest of the way from round 4 on. 

• Like (+1) 2

21 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

He lead the two teams in receptions at 4 but I hadn't seen much about him.

Also 2nd most receiving yards behind Darius Anderson RB.

Watch his highlight video... it’s nice. And from what I saw of him this week I’m sold. I’d compare him to Jarvis Landry.

12 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Jefferson's dad is the "just give it to them" receiver from that 1998 atrocity in New England.

Serendipty!

And they said during the game that Jefferson was an accomplished gunner on the UF punt team--so all the better...

8 hours ago, Lurker said:

I won't include the write up, but for those with an Athletic subscrition this is a good read.  Virtually all of these guys are at positions of need for the Bills and I'd bet 1-2 might be drafted by Beane, given how much he likes the Senior Bowl.   Hope we can get Van Jefferson, my favorite mid-round WR right now...   (sorry for the all bold, I can't get it to format right for some reason)

https://theathletic.com/1560854/2020/01/25/senior-bowl-stock-report-14-prospects-who-made-money-in-mobile/

Senior Bowl Stock Report: 14 prospects who made money in the senior bowl

Ben Bartch, OT, St. John’s (Minn.) (6-6, 308)

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/senior-bowl-sleeper-offensive-tackle-ben-bartch/

3 hours ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

Weaver can play.

Liked Weaver in college, but not sure he can cover ground in NFL

3 hours ago, Augie said:

I’ve been loosely scanning my cable guide looking for the game...while forgetting AT&T dropped the NFLN (with no reduction in cost, of course). I switched over to DTV, and it’s already on the NFLN. THANKS, AT&T! ? 

The first play I saw, and it was an impressive effort. 

must be your area, i have and have always had NFL network.

Wide Receivers were unspectacular today, too bad Pittman didn't play. Quartney Davis looked good, but I wasn't floored by him.

Although it is true that today's QB play was inconsistent. Man I thought Patterson was bad but the QB from Colorado was atrocious.

The DB from Lenoir-Rhyne made a statement today.

The DE's or Edge players brought a lot of good pressure today.

That was not a touchdown for Gandy-Golden. He Robert Royal'd it.

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

My biggest take away watching bits of this and all of the Shrine game last week is that this is not a deep defensive draft. Not sure how many guys you are going to find after round 3 who have any chance of making an impact. I think the Bills probably want to take a pass rusher somewhere in their first 3 picks but if I was them I'd be happy to go offense the rest of the way from round 4 on. 

They will be trading a lot of those late round picks.

10 minutes ago, Lurker said:

None of the OTs distinguished themselves in pass pro today.   It's just too tough to evaluate them in a game setting with only a week of practice...

Thats disappointing