Bill Polian and two Sirius colleagues did not vote Lamar Jackson All-Pro

wppete

Honestly what is wrong with this guy??? Losing all respect for this grumpy old man.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/01/03/bill-polian-and-two-sirius-colleagues-did-not-vote-lamar-jackson-all-pro/

Bill Polian and two Sirius colleagues did not vote Lamar Jackson All-Pro

"Before the Ravens drafted Lamar Jackson, Hall of Fame General Manager Bill Polian famously opined that Jackson should be a wide receiver, not a quarterback, in the NFL. Polian has since admitted he was wrong, but he’s not ready to admit that Jackson is the best quarterback in the NFL.

Of the 50 voters who chose the Associated Press All-Pro team, 47 chose Jackson at quarterback. One of the three who didn’t was Bill Polian.

So while Polian has admitted that Jackson is, in fact, a quarterback and not a wide receiver, he’s not ready to admit that Jackson is the best quarterback in the NFL.

Polian voted for Russell Wilson, and so did the other two voters who didn’t select Jackson. Interestingly, those other two voters were Pat Kirwan of SiriusXM and Jim Miller of SirisusXM. Polian also appears on SiriusXM. Wilson has been a guest on SiriusXM many times, and may have developed a friendly relationship with the hosts there, but that should in no way influence how those hosts cast their All-Pro votes.

To most, Jackson was an obvious choice. Then again, to most, Jackson was obviously a quarterback, and not a wide receiver, coming out of college."

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, wppete said:

Honestly what is wrong with this guy??? Losing all respect for this grumpy old man.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/01/03/bill-polian-and-two-sirius-colleagues-did-not-vote-lamar-jackson-all-pro/

"Before the Ravens drafted Lamar Jackson, Hall of Fame General Manager Bill Polian famously opined that Jackson should be a wide receiver, not a quarterback, in the NFL. Polian has since admitted he was wrong, but he’s not ready to admit that Jackson is the best quarterback in the NFL.

Of the 50 voters who chose the Associated Press All-Pro team, 47 chose Jackson at quarterback. One of the three who didn’t was Bill Polian.

So while Polian has admitted that Jackson is, in fact, a quarterback and not a wide receiver, he’s not ready to admit that Jackson is the best quarterback in the NFL.

Polian voted for Russell Wilson, and so did the other two voters who didn’t select Jackson. Interestingly, those other two voters were Pat Kirwan of SiriusXM and Jim Miller of SirisusXM. Polian also appears on SiriusXM. Wilson has been a guest on SiriusXM many times, and may have developed a friendly relationship with the hosts there, but that should in no way influence how those hosts cast their All-Pro votes.

To most, Jackson was an obvious choice. Then again, to most, Jackson was obviously a quarterback, and not a wide receiver, coming out of college."

It would be one think if most of Jackson's production came on the ground. But he threw 36 Td's to 6 INT's while adding 1200 rushing yards. This might be the best single season ever. 

Edited by Motorin'
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

He's not the best in the NFL. My vote would have gone to Drew Brees.

5 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

It would be one think if most of Jackson's production came on the ground. But he threw 36 Td's to 6 INT's while adding 1200 rushing yards. This might be the best single season ever. 

That's hilarious. Best season ever? Not even close.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Rockpile233 said:

There is absolutely no justification for voting Wilson over Jackson, although I never understand why anyone other than the players care about these things.

All pro teams are the best way to remember what players were special that year.  It’s not the pro bowl.  This matter. Especially with contracts and HOF.  

Just now, H2o said:

Everyone has their own opinions on Lamar. He still made it regardless of Polian and his cohorts. We all know he belongs, this year for sure. 

Polian just seems bitter.  The funny thing is he could have voted for him and people might forgive him for his completely awful take on him in the first place.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, wppete said:

Did Polian vote him as a WR?

• Haha (+1) 2

Just now, Motorin' said:

Why is it funny? Who has come close that level of combined production?

Drew Brees like 50 times. Peyton Manning. Tom Brady. Pat Mahomes just last year, to name a few.

4300 yards and 43 TD's? Lots of better seasons than that.

Not saying he doesn't deserve recognition. He does.

2 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

It’s 2019 broseph.  Might what to recheck things. 

Might want to go check the stats of other all time greats and some of their best seasons. Jackson's season isn't anywhere close the best ever.

1 minute ago, MJS said:

Drew Brees like 50 times. Peyton Manning. Tom Brady. Pat Mahomes just last year, to name a few.

So 1000 yards rushing is the same as 1000 yard passing? How come rb's don't run for 4000 a season?

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Polian just seems bitter.  The funny thing is he could have voted for him and people might forgive him for his completely awful take on him in the first place.

A LOT of people, media/tv personality/joe shmoe's, had an incorrect take on Lamar including myself. I admitted it after watching all this year. No one needs forgiveness for that, at least I feel I don't.  The question is whether he can sustain what he has done this year? Time will tell, especially if Roman gets a HC gig elsewhere. This year, beyond a shadow of a doubt, Lamar is worthy of an All Pro selection. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Motorin' said:

So 1000 yards rushing is the same as 1000 yard passing? How come rb's don't run for 4000 a season?

Does a rushing yard count more than a passing yard now? Do you only need 5 rushing yards for a first down, but 10 if you are passing? Is a rushing TD better than a passing TD?

Edited by MJS

Just now, MJS said:

Does a rushing yard count more than a passing yard now? Do you only need 5 rushing yards for a first down, but 10 if you are passing? Is a rushing TD better than a passing TD.

Rushing for 1,200 yards is way more impressive in a season than throwing for 1,200 yards. We're talking about individual performance. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, MJS said:

Might want to go check the stats of other all time greats and some of their best seasons. Jackson's season isn't anywhere close the best ever.

You just said Brees was the best in the nfl.  Brees didn’t have 3,000 yards, missed 5 games (they went undefeated without him), and had 15 less tds than Jackson. 

Just now, Motorin' said:

Rushing for 1,200 yards is way more impressive in a season than throwing for 1,200 yards. We're talking about individual performance. 

That's your opinion. Yards are yards to me.

Jackson had a tremendous season. He's worthy of an MVP. But I disagree with people who say he is the best QB in the NFL or that he had the best season ever. Pat Mahomes had a better season just last year, in my opinion.

• Haha (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, H2o said:

A LOT of people, media/tv personality/joe shmoe's, had an incorrect take on Lamar including myself. I admitted it after watching all this year. No one needs forgiveness for that, at least I feel I don't.  The question is whether he can sustain what he has done this year? Time will tell, especially if Roman gets a HC gig elsewhere. This year, beyond a shadow of a doubt, Lamar is worthy of an All Pro selection. 

Yeah,  but you’re not a HOF GM.  It’s so embarrassing that a Heisman winning qb should have been talked about switching positions and then becomes a MVP in his second season.  That’s all time terrible.  He just like a bitter old man who can’t admit he is wrong. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, MJS said:

That's your opinion. Yards are yards to me.

Jackson had a tremendous season. He's worthy of an MVP. But I disagree with people who say he is the best QB in the NFL or that he had the best season ever. Pat Mahomes had a better season just last year, in my opinion.

He's definitely not the best passer, though he's a very good passer. But the dynamic running element he adds is off the charts.