McDermott changes signs from “Playoff Caliber” to “Championship Caliber”

YoloinOhio

For years during the playoff drought, the goal was just to get to the playoffs by which the team failed (most times miserably). McDermott has changed the culture to a team first environment, being 1/11th, “the process,” etc... The team achieved its initial goal as they proved they are playoff caliber, now its time to shoot for the ultimate goal of winning a world championship, something Leslie Frazier and Sean McDermott have been preaching to the Bills players. 

On 12/30/2019 at 12:21 PM, VADC Bills said:

The Bills were fortunate to have the schedule work in their favor this year but we still could not beat the good teams consistently.

The Bills have trouble scoring more than 17 points per game.

I expect they will be better in these areas next year.

I would like to see Beane have a great draft scouting effort and picking the best players, as opposed to trading away picks to pick Josh Allen when Lamar Jackson could have fell in your lap (see Doug Whaley and Sammy Watkins). Not totally sold on Beane yet. 

Can you find another team to follow please? 

7 hours ago, row_33 said:

to jump from playoff achieving to serious title contender will have to require some heartless moves at just the right time

dumping McD and bringing in a coach who has "been there" might be one of them

Cant tell if you're joking or not...

1 hour ago, mattrock123 said:

It's cute to say you're Championship Caliber when you're regularly coaching not to lose.  I just don't think this approach will result in a Super Bowl.  Praying that they start proving me wrong on Saturday. Not asking for a 51-3 drubbing, but something along the lines of 31-10 would be ideal.  

There's playing not to lose, and then there's knowing what your limits are. Going all-in every hand is exciting but rarely wins you a tournament.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I don't think Flores intends on coaching a sucker.  Just sayin'

Good catch. I think Flores did an under the radar phenomenal job this year. Did just as well as Gase did but coaching a roster absolutely gutted with talent

8 hours ago, BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P said:

Honestly I give McDermott the most credit out of anyone for this year. He's a keeper IMO. You don't often land coaches this good.

He has a vision driven by conviction and morales. McDermitt never wavers from what he believes a team should be. I think he is one heck of a coach and an even better human being.

• Like (+1) 1

Was lip service after all. Sure, Josh made mistakes but you live die with his recklessness at times. Resting on a 16 pt lead and playing prevent defense to allow 18 yards on a dump off is not championship caliber coaching. This is a punch to the gut and these coaches better learn or we will be on a treadmill.