I like the schedule

Its a lame opener...no real storylines or reason to get excited, other than Losman's first start will be a home game.

304303[/snapback]

Would you rather have Losman be facing the New England Patriots???? Houston is a beatable team, and IMO getting JP off to a quick start is more key than any juicy storyline. I would give Buffalo no chance in an opener against the Pats.

Would you rather have Losman be facing the New England Patriots???? Houston is a beatable team, and IMO getting JP off to a quick start is more key than any juicy storyline. I would give Buffalo no chance in an opener against the Pats.

304317[/snapback]

Not saying that at all...I'm actually quite content that we pulled the Texans in the opening week. In fact, I think the reason we got the Texans was because of the general lack of interest in the game if it were scheduled for say, in the middle of the season. At least now, it'll be interesting because it will be Losman's first crack at being a starter.

Pros:

>Texans not a killer opener for Losmans first game. I think that's all the drama we need for an opener.

>Bye week right in the middle.

>Bills home Columbus Day and Thanksgiving weekends

>Prime time home game, on a Saturday night no less!

(how pickled will the crowd be for THAT game?)

Cons:

>Pats get a bye week before our game in NE.

>Another prime time ass-kicking possibly

>Finishing with 2 straight on the road.

PTR

304317[/snapback]

Good point! A win could serve to build his confidence.

I also hope that the only NY team is inspired that much more to begin our season on 9/11.

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Never Forget!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think the schedule is really set up neatly. Interesting opener...3 NFC teams before division play......NE at home late in the season......Saturday night Game!!! X-mas eve afternoon.....end at the Jets on New Years day.......it has some flavor to it.

i also like the way the schedule sets up. 4 of first 6 at home...great news for a 1st year starting QB getting his feet wet. i particularly like the bye week in the middle of the season.

so what if belichick gets a bye week before the bills' game? i'm sick and tired of "worrying" about his coaching skills. if the bills have a good team they'll compete.

time to plan some roadies...

i also like the way the schedule sets up.  4 of first 6 at home...great news for a 1st year starting QB getting his feet wet.  i particularly like the bye week in the middle of the season.

so what if belichick gets a bye week before the bills' game?  i'm sick and tired of "worrying" about his coaching skills.  if the bills have a good team they'll compete.

time to plan some roadies...

304350[/snapback]

But sucks that we get at NE again on a sunday night!!! XMAS eve on raod will make it easier instead of having to get home from game and go for dinner. Plus XMAS eve is a meat abstenance day so a tailgate with fish isnt my idea of great

Certainly the highlight of the year for me is the home opener. Travel in every year and live it up with the old gang. Playing a division rival jacks it up a couple of notches. The Jets OT debacle. Then the Pattsies drubbing. Those were high octane openers. Houston? I'm certainly not jacked right now.

Its a lame opener...no real storylines or reason to get excited, other than Losman's first start will be a home game.

304303[/snapback]

Looks like an attendance friendly schedule to me. Houston in the opener guarantees a sellout for an opponent that may not have sold out otherwise.

Certainly the highlight of the year for me is the home opener.  Travel in every year and live it up with the old gang.  Playing a division rival jacks it up a couple of notches.  The Jets OT debacle. Then the Pattsies drubbing. Those were high octane openers. Houston? I'm certainly not jacked right now.

304621[/snapback]

i understand your point, but i'm already jacked for the opener because it's the FIRST freaking game for the QB we hope leads us back to the "promised land" -- if a bills' fan can't get jacked about that, there's a problem.