A Few Thoughts about the *Patriots Game, in no particular order

Virgil

6 hours ago, bills and clippers fan said:

I didn't "study" this game.  I just watched it.  So I don't have any real insight.  Like I normally do.  At least in my opinion.

The only thing I did kinda notice.   And I guess, correct me if I'm wrong,

BUT WHY WASNT EDELMAN DOUBLE TEAMED THE ENTIRE GAME.  Taking a page out of Bellichicks playbook.  Stop their best weapon.  It seemed like he converted crucial first downs.  Oh well.  I got nothing else to say.

The group  I was watching with was basically screaming that the whole game.  Just take him out - let Harry or LaCosse beat you.  Do the Belichick.

It was a strange defensive gameplan.  Seemed pretty vanilla - maybe they are playing possum until the playoffs.  Would be great to see NE again & then pull out all of the stops at that point.  I feel like BB reached deep into his bag of tricks just to beat us.

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/21/2019 at 8:41 PM, TroutDog said:

Didn’t read it all as you’re saying to put Tre on a slot receiver. Ummmm, no. They double teamed him and that is the way to handle it. 

We had a chance to tie with seconds left in their house with a second year QB, a suspect O line, limited O weapons and no true edge rushers. 

Righting a large ship is a process and if you’ve ever led one of those changes you can understand. If not, you always think you can do it better. 

Now that is wisdom my friends. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, bills and clippers fan said:

I didn't "study" this game.  I just watched it.  So I don't have any real insight.  Like I normally do.  At least in my opinion.

The only thing I did kinda notice.   And I guess, correct me if I'm wrong,

BUT WHY WASNT EDELMAN DOUBLE TEAMED THE ENTIRE GAME.  Taking a page out of Bellichicks playbook.  Stop their best weapon.  It seemed like he converted crucial first downs.  Oh well.  I got nothing else to say.

because we were hurt by their run game...