The Impeachment Trial of President Donald J. Trump

Nanker

ERIC CIAMARELLA IS NOT A “WHISTLEBLOWER,” HE’S AN OPERATIVE: 

Schiff Hides Transcript to Protect ‘Whistleblower.’

The Democrats’ Last Ditch Effort To Upend the Trump Trial

New York Sun, by Editorial

Original Article

Has the Trump impeachment drama reached its Brett Kavanaugh or Clarence Thomas moment? That would be the moment when, after the hearings are more or less done and it looks like the target will survive, the Democrats confect a last ditch scandal to block, in the case of the two justices, Senate confirmation or, in the case of President Trump, acquittal. We confess we’ve been expecting something to be brought up at the last minute. It is, after all, the Democratic Party’s modus operandi. 

• Thank you (+1) 3

I have been watching Fox this morning to see how the Bolton book has been covered.  They are hammering the point that the timing is aligned with the book release. Step 1 - attack credibility.  Step 2 - focus on the evil leaker to the NYT rather than issue.  In addition, they say the President is denying it.  If Trump denies something, I think it was Ainsley claimed we have to believe him.  After all with his record of honesty above all else, no one could question his side of the story, right?

I don't think this Bolton news moves the needle for the Republican Senators.  They just need to find a defensible position.  If they keep their eyes and ears closed, there are still a lot of those.

I am coming around to the idea though that this Senate Hearing may end up hurting Republican Senators in the longer run.  It seems to me that over time more evidence of these misdeeds surfaces.  It looks worse and worse for those that claim that they don't want to hear any more possible evidence.  Seems political opponents of the Repub Senators will point out the dishonesty of this willful blindness during future campaigns. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Tiberius said:

You are such an idiot 

Your replies are being read in the voice of Piotr Rosmenko today who was the prototypical Eastern European man on Laugh-In done by the late great Arte Johnson.  As far as staying on subject your employers MEAN IT.  They have a vested interest in having Sanders create as much havoc as possible in the US political system and by golly you are going to get with the program as long as you are drawing a paycheck from them!

1 minute ago, Bob in Mich said:

I have been watching Fox this morning to see how the Bolton book has been covered.  They are hammering the point that the timing is aligned with the book release. Step 1 - attack credibility.  Step 2 - focus on the evil leaker to the NYT rather than issue.  In addition, they say the President is denying it.  If Trump denies something, I think it was Ainsley claimed we have to believe him.  After all with his record of honesty above all else, no one could question his side of the story, right?

I don't think this Bolton news moves the needle for the Republican Senators.  They just need to find a defensible position.  If they keep their eyes and ears closed, there are still a lot of those.

I am coming around to the idea though that this Senate Hearing may end up hurting Republican Senators in the longer run.  It seems to me that over time more evidence of these misdeeds surfaces.  It looks worse and worse for those that claim that they don't want to hear any more possible evidence.  Seems political opponents of the Repub Senators will point out the dishonesty of this willful blindness during future campaigns. 

question for you, if you don't mind, Bob.

did you pay attention to the Kavanaugh Hearings?

• Haha (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, Bob in Mich said:

Not too closely but some.  Why is that relevant to my Bolton book comments?

ThE dEmS hAvE dOnE tHiS bEfOrE

(The Dems didn't do anything. One of Trump's former appointees (likely) leaked a portion of his book that is bad for the president)

Edited by Gary Busey

A MERE TECHNICALITY: 

Dershowitz: Democrats’ case meritless because no crime committed.

Appearing on Fox News Sunday, Dershowitz, a member of Trump’s defense team, said Democrats had not made a sufficient case to charge the president with a crime as they presented their arguments in 24 hours over three days.

“The conduct has to be criminal in nature — it can’t be abuse of power, it can’t be obstruction of Congress,” he said referring to the two charges laid out in the articles of impeachment against Trump. “Those are precisely the arguments that the framers rejected.”

To be fair, Democrats reject the Framers and the Constitution for a whole lot of things.

"Bolton bombshell" is only a bombshell in the minds of Twitterati and MSNBC/WaPo types.

Do you really think ordinary people are going to be like, "Hmm, this really changes my mind.

You see, the timeline asserted has been shifted by XYZ"?

• Like (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, Bob in Mich said:

No, I will not go back to Kavanaugh hearing articles looking for some vague connection.  If you want to make a point for discussion, please just state your point.

are you saying you don't want to investigate things yourself, that you would rather have your opinions fed to you? because... that's what it sure sounds like.

• Like (+1) 2