Name This Person

T&C

6 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Strictly off a guess without checking, the guy on the left is Joe Louis? Ā That makes the guy on the right possibly Max Schmelling (sp?)

Ā 

EDIT: Schmeling.

Ā 

Correct. They remained lifelong friends. Schmeling later became a very successful business man, owning a Coca-Cola bottling plant. He helped out Louis financially and paid for his funeral.

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Correct! Ā Walter Cronkita.

Wow...

Ā 

When I was a kid I used to take one of our stools and stand it upright and pretend I was him while my Dad was watching the news. Great photo.

4 minutes ago, I am the egg man said:

.....and you knew that right off the top of your head without looking it up.

Ā 

Very very very impressive.

Ā 

Well, a couple of things tipped me off...

Ā 

#1. I've seen The Road to Wellville;

Ā 

#2. He was holding up a drink that wasn't alcohol, so I assumed it was a healthy drink as it wasn't bright white like milk would be, and

Ā 

#3. Being that the photo is 100 years old I guessed, the only man who would pose like that with a healthy drink in his hand was Kellogg.

Ā 

Mu brain works like an insane genius's does sometimes... I will pull stuff from it that shocks even me.

Edited by EasternOHBillsFan

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.