MNF: Once the best, now the worst show on TV

PromoTheRobot

5 hours ago, blacklabel said:

Lamar Jackson could've farted in Joe Tessitore's egg salad sandwich and the guy would've thanked him for it. I agree with others that feel the announcers need to be unbiased but there are narratives to be pushed. These guys run production meetings and outline their talking points and probably get told to focus a certain amount of time and attention towards certain players and situations. It's lame. 

I actually can't stand listening to most of them. Al Davis on SNF is my guy and I used to not mind Collinsworth until he turned into a PFF shill and acts like every other play is the most incredible display of strength and skill he's ever seen. I wanted to throw a bowling pin at Rich Gannon this past Sunday. I wouldn't mind if Adam Archuleta had a bad taco and had to deal with the Hershey squirts for 72 hours. Even the hometown guy John Murphy I can't stand. He just doesn't sound good. I haven't heard much of Eric Wood but he seems to be doing well. Most games I keep the volume low and try not to pay attention to the commentary. 

the Westwood one radio crews are the best. Boselli, Trent Green and Warner are good color guys who don’t speak up to much because the playboy play guys need more time for radio.

Plus Kevin Harlen is the best voice and play by play in all of football.

• Like (+1) 2

11 hours ago, Charles Romes said:

Booger is infinitely better than Witten and less annoying than Collinsworth. 

I've changed my tune on Collinsworth. I absolutely hated him when he started. Now I think he is fantastic. As many of us here, I've been watching the game for decades. I always judge an analyst by if I learn something new. He's got a great eye for the game. 

On 11/27/2019 at 7:14 AM, row_33 said:

that would end the complaining....

I would look forward to the MNF Halftime Highlights with Cosell, but I guess that was because there weren’t any other options.  He did have the flair for the dramatic in presenting them though.

I was always fond of Chris Berman but now that he’s returned, I recognize that I don’t need to hear a Whoop for every move made by a player.