70s and 80s Bands

9 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

Sounds to me like you have utter disdain for the music of the 80's.

Which is not me saying anything bad about the Jim Carroll Band.

I wouldn't say utter disdain, I like a lot of it.... but more like than love, if that makes sense. I tend to like songs more than acts or albums. Too much inconsistency throughout. Some of my other favs like Psychedelic Furs & X started out great but fizzled out. Great though if you were a Jacko/Madonna/Prince fan. I will say that I think Prince always dropped a good album every summer until Batman.

As far as the original post, above all else it was a devastating decade if you were a Neil fan, WTF. :(

6 minutes ago, Rico said:

I wouldn't say utter disdain, I like a lot of it.... but more like than love, if that makes sense. I tend to like songs more than acts or albums. Too much inconsistency throughout. Some of my other favs like Psychedelic Furs & X started out great but fizzled out. Great though if you were a Jacko/Madonna/Prince fan. I will say that I think Prince always dropped a good album every summer until Batman.

As far as the original post, above all else it was a devastating decade if you were a Neil fan, WTF. :(

Young or Vince? :)

In addition to Prince, U2 and Talking Heads, that were already mentioned, you had Metallica, Springsteen, Peter Gabriel, the Pretenders, Stevie Ray Vaughan. 

There was still a lot of good music being created... 

Edited by Lurker
  • Like (+1) 1

On 11/21/2019 at 2:32 PM, Gugny said:

Great tune.  I can only speak for myself and the few other avid Police fans I know, but I don't think it's an overlooked tune.  It got significant radio play, but it definitely isn't what I would call one of their, "poppy," tunes.  I like Synchronicity I better than II, but I think they're both solid, real-deal, Police tunes.

Miss Gradenko and O My God really kick it old school. 

One thing I like about Synchronicity II as opposed to Synchronicity I, is that the word "Synchronicity" is never used in it. :D

Also interesting that they gave the song that title, because both songs are completely different and have no real connection to each other, except for their title.

1 hour ago, Mark Vader said:

One thing I like about Synchronicity II as opposed to Synchronicity I, is that the word "Synchronicity" is never used in it. :D

Also interesting that they gave the song that title, because both songs are completely different and have no real connection to each other, except for their title.

All true!  Plus it rocks like all get out..........And, has great lyrics

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, Rico said:

Yeah, their 1st half of the decade was great, but everything Little Creatures and after was very disappointing to me.

80s were weird like that. 80-85 were great for music. 86, 87, 88 not so much. But by 89 you had the likes of Soundgarden, Jane's addiction and NiN popping up onto the scene, so it started to rock again.

7 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

I had to google this.  Found this funny quote from Steward Copeland:

"When asked how "Synchronicity I" is connected to "Synchronicity II," Stewart Copeland said, "I've had Sting up against the wall on this issue before, and he point blank refuses to explain the connection. None of us in the band can even remember which one's which. The only way I can keep them straight is that 'Synch I' has Sting's cool sequencer part, that 'dunga dunga dung' thing that I, to this day, get all the credit for."

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1