Daboll as an OC - Rankings for last 10 years

Virgil

11 hours ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

I just hate to see him call anymore games but it is what it is. I just want to think McD is smart enough to move on from him at seasons end.

it's a real damn shame this franchise has had to bring in 2 bit coaches. when if they had a well established, experienced HC and OC, we would not be having this discussion and may even have a team that you could be confident in with winning and winning consistently. but, seems those coaches want nothing to do with buffalo so you end up with two bit coaches and a mediocre team, for the last 20 years.

Greg Roman, Petine, and Schwartz are not two bit coaches.

Edited by reddogblitz
  • Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Virgil said:

image.thumb.png.b20e4492a7b09d23fe47a7a4ad7f3bc1.png

These are his career stats as an NFL OC.  The overall is based upon the entire team, which includes defensive points scored.  Out of all the categories, he only finished a season top ten on four occasions, all within the rushing category.   Allen's ability to run is the main reason he's green or yellow these past two seasons. 

For those saying Allen is the problem, which he does have his problems, I look at the person running the show and see that the man's resume is crap.  I don't know how he got the job then or how he has the job now.  His ties to Saban and the Hoodie mean nothing to me.  With the Hoodie, all he did was coach TE's.  College stats are tough to rank, but he was

you must be the guy who called into One Bills Live.

the only problem i have with Daboll is he doesn't run enough. Sometimes you still have to run against 8 in the box, cant always audible out as that makes the defense controlling you.

14 hours ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

Overall, I like his offensive concept—

spread it out, short passes, pass to set up the run. It’s probably the most exciting offense Conceptually we have had in 20 years.

i think we can all point to complaints with the specific play-calling on game day, but that’s also where the head coach can step in and basically tell him at a high level “we need to start running the ball more Here, etc.”

Chan Gailey’s offense was more fun to watch as was the 2002 offense with Bledsoe.

21 minutes ago, ColeB said:

Chan Gailey’s offense was more fun to watch as was the 2002 offense with Bledsoe.

Both were great until the second half of the season.  The league adjusted to us and we were absolutely shut down 

5 hours ago, Turk71 said:

41 passes and 14 handoffs against one of the worst run defenses in the league in a game that was close throughout.

34 passes and 12 handoff in a game played in howling 45 mph winds.

Lack of short quick passing options to keep the pass rush off of Allen.

Putting the offense completely on Allen's shoulders, even the running game. Singletary is averaging over 6 yds a carry but only gets the ball 8 times a game, Allen rushes 7.4 times per game.

I've seen enough idiocy from Daboll.

Good.  We need to see what we have instead of sneaking into a WC spot still unsure about the QB position.  My main problem was they got conservative with Allen on the final drive playing for a tie.