Around the League Week 10

YoloinOhio

17 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

I’d tend to agree. They’re still contenders for.a WC this season because of their D, and they can run the ball. Whoever QBs that team next year doesn’t affect this year. 

They really can’t run the ball, at least to this point. Their leading rusher yesterday had 29 yards. They are 27th in the league in rushing. Conner has only missed one game. He’s supposed to be back this week. However - their D has been so much better this year outside of the Pats game. 

18 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

This thread seems appropriate to make the point: 4-6 games this week did NOT have the outcome one might expect.  In particular we saw two other games where a 1 win team beat a division-leading team with a much better record.

So our loss sucks, but the Saints and Colts feel our pain.

We saw a number of significant upsets (based on W-L record or expectations) this week.  In addition to our own beloved Bills 6-2 letting the 2-6 Browns hang in there and win, we saw 4-5 Tenn beating the 6-3 Chiefs; We saw 1-7 Atlanta spank the 7-1 Saints.  We saw the 1-7 Dolphins beat the 5-3 Colts. And maybe on W/L record it makes sense but I was expecting the division leading 5-3 Cowboys to win over the 6-3 Vikings, but the Vikings hung tough against the Boys final drive.  I was also expecting the defending NFC Champion 5-3 Rams to beat the 4-4 Steelers and Mason Rudolph.

I don't follow betting lines.  Maybe @GoBills808 or @LSHMEAB can weigh on on how Vegas saw these matchups

And on that note I leave you to sleep...perchance to dream...of a complete game from our Bills full of smooth flowing offense on drive after drive.

Sorry for the late response. There was pretty big "sharp" money on Tennessee. KC was "only" a 6 point favorite and the line wouldn't budge despite all the public money going on KC. I did bet the Titans on an otherwise poor gambling day.

As far as the Rams and NO, people just lost. The big money and the public were on them. Everybody lost; except for the books. That's typical. 

I don't think the Viking winning was really much of a surprise, although conventional wisdom would give the edge to Dallas at home. That game was pretty much 50/50 in terms of bets.

The lines themselves were Rams -4.5, Dallas -3, Saints -13.5, and KC -6.

What that tells you is that while people are pretty shocked by certain results, they're not nearly the upset you'd think if you weren't around this stuff. Very little surprises me anymore after doing this petty job(just writing tickets, no big shot) for 10 plus years.

Edited by LSHMEAB

22 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Anyone see the end of the Miami game?  Fitz driving them down the field takes a big helmet to helmet.  Hops  right up.  Ref tells him he has to leave the field.  He argues with the ref.  He goes to the blue tent. Then immediately escapes the tent to go back in.  They force him back into the tent. (Rosen inserted for 3 straight crappy run plays). He again runs out of the tent to get on the field before they waste 3rd down on another handoff.  They push him to the bench.  Field goal.

i love that man.

There's a reason he can inspire guys and get them to level-up and run through a wall for him, and that's because he'll put it all out there himself

6 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

There's a reason he can inspire guys and get them to level-up and run through a wall for him, and that's because he'll put it all out there himself

i think he really just loves playing...even after all these years.  He’s been playing with house money for years, but he’s out there having fun.