Observations from my first home game

6 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Lol...i did the same when i was in a town north Columbus, Ohio...it was some of the worst driving roads i have ever been on...no plows out...about 10 inches of snow...literally couldn't see where the road ended and the ditch began...

Saw a person stuck on the side road...they should have been able to get out but they were not rocking it properly...so i pulled over and got out, they looked like they thought i was going to rob them....

I asked if they needed help...they kind of looked at each other for a few seconds and didn't know what to say...so i told them I'm from Buffalo and i noticed they weren't doing things properly to get out...he let me take over for him and within about 2 minutes he was good to go...they couldn't stop thanking me enough and told me nobody does stuff like that here...i just laughed and told them it's how we roll in Buffalo...

Ahhh, the snow stories! I was in school in Cincinnati and worked for UPS around Christmas. Either 11pm to 3am or 3am to 7am, it varied (kills your sleep cycle, but good pay). I was on the early shift but they never let us go. Turns out a blizzard prevented the next shift from arriving. When I finally got out I’m in a hurry to get home to cram for a final and I’m robbed of 4 hours. Going up I-71 everyone is cautious, but moving nicely until......I lose traction and start sliding backwards, downhill on the interstate! Semis are honking, cars are weaving and a cop goes by. He's going forward (barely) as I’m sliding backwards and he gives me one of these ?‍♂️!

I manage to crash into the median between north and southbound, get my tires up onto the curb and creep up to the top of the hill. 

I swear I would have done much better on those exams if I had 4 more hours and far less trauma! 

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, yungmack said:

The most important question to me: Why did you pick the name Bruce Vilanch?

There was a southpark episode from years back where everyone was calling Cartman Bruce Vilanch and I thought it was funny because he's such an obscure celebrity.

• Like (+1) 2

That’s so awesome. Glad you got to try the local delicacies and the home crowd experience 

I had Duffs last time I was in town and tried Anchor Bar this time. Their wings were fried to absolute perfection. I’d still go with Duffs for sauce. I was also introduced to Chef’s spaghetti parm. So good. Probably gained 10 lbs this weekend alone.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, CLTbills said:

Hell yes! So glad you enjoyed it. There is truly nothing like a game at the Ralph. It’s been eight and a half years since I moved down south, and haven’t been to a home game since. I’m SO looking forward to taking my son in a couple years for his first time. He’s four and already asking when we can go to a game in Buffalo!

Lol, mine is 4 also, how old do you think they need to be in order to really appreciate the Bills home game experience?

4 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Actually the tailgate at Wembley is pretty cool these days. The early years it was just a lot of people and overpriced beer in the car park and I think the Bills game was that. 

I will come to Buffalo soon. I have an itinerary planned to fly into Toronto, have a few days there come down and see the falls then a few days in Buffalo and see a game before a couple of days in New York before I fly home. It will have to wait until Brexit is done though. The chances of me actually getting a fortnight of down time at the right time of year before it is sorted are low. So maybe 2021. 

Post of the day Gunner, seeing as how you appropriately worked in the word “fortnight” and in no way referenced the game thereby! 

9 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Lol, mine is 4 also, how old do you think they need to be in order to really appreciate the Bills home game experience?

I'm thinking somewhere around 7-8. We went to the preseason game here in Charlotte as a test to see if he can do football games. He had fun, for sure... but doesn't quite understand what's going on, that's for sure. I just want him to get to the Ralph before they build a new stadium.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, CLTbills said:

I'm thinking somewhere around 7-8. We went to the preseason game here in Charlotte as a test to see if he can do football games. He had fun, for sure... but doesn't quite understand what's going on, that's for sure. I just want him to get to the Ralph before they build a new stadium.

Bingo--I was thinking something similar. Should be a great trip at that time!