Move Oliver to Defensive End

M. Wrotto

8 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

You’ve said this company line in the past in reference to many busts.   

Its losing its kick.   

Thats what the analytics nerds say.   

You dont call rookie players busts.....its common sense.

If they end up being busts....so be it.....but to say a player is a bust without even watching them for a full season is just stupid

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

You dont call rookie players busts.....its common sense.

If they end up being busts....so be it.....but to say a player is a bust without even watching them for a full season is just stupid

Wasnt foolish when it was said about Zay ✊?

Maybe you can can talk to coach and ask

him for more PT.   

The bust-o-meter is picking up some signals.  

1 minute ago, Teddy KGB said:

him for more PT.   

Teddy,

Players dont pan out.....it happens....players also have a lot of potential and get better.

I think Oliver is def a candidate for that....especially when he has been graded as one of our best run defenders already?

He comes to us with insane freak physical ability.....but a bit raw in pass rush tools...which can be taught.

You dont label a player like that a bust.   If you want to be upset he has not given us production equiv to his draft position....there is an arguement for that.

The DT drafted ahead of him has been even worse....this was supposed to be a draft rich in defensive linemen.....we took a DL in that draft.  I like that philosophy

• Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

One guy keeps making plays though.     He’s a seahawk 

What do you see that I am missing ?   

You're investing in a guy who has the potential to be a dominant pass rushing 3 tech DT.  This investment will pay off; defensive line is a big transition from college because the pro o-linemen are better than anything Oliver saw in college.  A WR is a little easier; understand the routes, run them and catch the ball.

1 hour ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Lol wut

If it was up to you, we wouldn't even draft defensive players.

1 hour ago, Happy Gilmore said:

You're investing in a guy who has the potential to be a dominant pass rushing 3 tech DT.  This investment will pay off; defensive line is a big transition from college because the pro o-linemen are better than anything Oliver saw in college.  A WR is a little easier; understand the routes, run them and catch the ball.

If it was up to you, we wouldn't even draft defensive players.

I wouldn't draft a DT in the top 10, correct. DE, sure. But not DT.

Edited by Joe in Winslow

20 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

I wouldn't draft a DT in the top 10, correct. DE, sure. But not DT.

even though McD love those penetrating DTs?

Kid needs time , not all do.but he does. let us be gracious enough to allow him a season or so.

Edited by 3rdand12

3 hours ago, Teddy KGB said:

him for more PT.   

Hasn't Zay been good in Oakland? He is not a bust just a guy in wrong system. Bust is out of league in three years and Zay will be in league for 8 years or more.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.silverandblackpride.com/platform/amp/2019/11/4/20947559/week-9-snap-counts-zay-jones-leads-all-offensive-weapons-in-snaps&ved=2ahUKEwjevOzbkdflAhUQbKwKHYfHAjkQiJQBMAJ6BAgCEAM&usg=AOvVaw2ZsY4B9VZ8XKV_EIigbTzW&ampcf=1

55 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I think Oliver just needs to bulk up into the low 300 range. Oliver is physically gifted but he is a very young rookie and a starter. 

It wouldn’t surprise me to see slight improvements in his game as the season goes on.

How does one bulk up a dude who is already 285? How many wings? 200 a night? ?

Edited by Buffalo Timmy
Added link

3 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

Snap counts ^^ ???

He catch any footballs ? 

zay is a marginal 4 in oakland and that’s most likely where he’ll stay, barring the guys ahead of him getting all 6 of their knees blown out. 

Oliver, I obviously have higher hopes for. We’ll see. But if Phillips is playing better right now Phillips should play. And that doesn’t make Oliver a bust (yet.)

• Like (+1) 1