The new subway maps, for visitors to Toronto

row_33

As you may know, the subway lines run East-West Bloor Green and a U shaped N-S University/Yonge yellow line, with a few offshoots added.

The Bloor line subway in-car maps no longer show the entire system, just the green line.

This is causing a ton of problems for tourists and locals who need some knowledge and assurance as to where they should be going on the Yellow line.

I helped out 2 people today with very basic stuff.

I don't mind but I do not understand why they did this to the maps.

Edited by row_33

8 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

Just blame Trudeau or Ford for it (depending what team your on), somehow it will be their fault....

they recently put a lot of Transit employees in each station as information guides, maybe they decide to remove all the vital map info and pay these people instead to tell people something they could see in 2 seconds on a good map in the subway car

17 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

It's never the wrong thread to post that......

LMAO!!!

Thanks for the vote of confidence!

6 minutes ago, row_33 said:

oh sure, congrats to the Sabres for getting to November 1st and not being practically eliminated from the playoffs....

Hey buddy... They didn't collapse last year till the first week of December.  They were winning the Prez Cup at this time of year last season... Ready to go on 10 game win streak in mid-November.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois
  • Haha (+1) 1

10 hours ago, row_33 said:

As you may know, the subway lines run East-West Bloor Green and a U shaped N-S University/Yonge yellow line, with a few offshoots added.

The Bloor line subway in-car maps no longer show the entire system, just the green line.

This is causing a ton of problems for tourists and locals who need some knowledge and assurance as to where they should be going on the Yellow line.

I helped out 2 people today with very basic stuff.

I don't mind but I do not understand why they did this to the maps.

speaking of subways you may have heard about the debacle that is our light rail system in Ottawa. Did the TTC ever go through this at inception or any other time a new line was added?

17 minutes ago, stuvian said:

speaking of subways you may have heard about the debacle that is our light rail system in Ottawa. Did the TTC ever go through this at inception or any other time a new line was added?

let me do a little reading and get back to you

• Like (+1) 1

On ‎11‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 9:12 PM, stuvian said:

What's the issue? My employer just built some cars for Ottawa.

the LRTs in Toronto are jamming up the works

4 of the last 6 weeks the main subway line from Yonge to Finch was shut down all weekend, but you can take a shuttle bus.....  just shoot me....

they are shutting down all kinds of vital lines every weekend for another year running.