Is it time for a dome?

Big Blitz

On 10/30/2019 at 8:35 PM, Bubba Gump said:

Consider me old school, I'd rather sit in crappy weather than inside a controlled climate. I can't picture watching the Bills play inside. The "home" games in Toronto were horrible. I'm 51 now and still love the outdoor atmosphere. Maybe that'll change the older I get. But for now, let it snow, let it snow, let it snow. I'm psyched for this Sunday as the weather is gonna be good football weather. 

Some people have CTE even though they did not play football.  Bills cannot sell out all of their club seats but they want next one stadium to be in a dome.

If you are willing to pay higher prices pay the higher prices now for club seats and you will not have issue with weather.

18 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Some people have CTE even though they did not play football.  Bills cannot sell out all of their club seats but they want next one stadium to be in a dome.

If you are willing to pay higher prices pay the higher prices now for club seats and you will not have issue with weather.

Good point Limeaid,

To me though the ability to eventually have a Superbowl in Buffalo and year round use of the Dome stadium itself makes a Dome the best choice IMO. Retractable roof would be ideal. Also taking kids to a football game in a cotrolled enviroment is also a good sell. Buffalo has the worst weather conditions for an outside stadium in the NFL. 

4 minutes ago, Figster said:

Good point Limeaid,

To me though the ability to eventually have a Superbowl in Buffalo and year round use of the Dome stadium itself makes a Dome the best choice IMO. Retractable roof would be ideal. Also taking kids to a football game in a controlled environment is also a good sell. Buffalo has the worst weather conditions for an outside stadium in the NFL. 

There is NO chance of a Superbowl in Buffalo until global warming makes Buffalo the garden spot of NE.  Any such discussion is fantasy.

When Bills can sell out their club seats and corporate seats the Bills will consider a stadium which will cost more and have less seats to sell.

14 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

There is NO chance of a Superbowl in Buffalo until global warming makes Buffalo the garden spot of NE.  Any such discussion is fantasy.

When Bills can sell out their club seats and corporate seats the Bills will consider a stadium which will cost more and have less seats to sell.

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2018/2/3/16942264/nfl-super-bowl-city-hosts-cold-weather

Like these Cities?

8 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Yes but not like those cities.  Buffalo does not have enough hotel rooms to allow it be choice for selection committee.

You don't think new hotels would open up near the Dome location?

I do...

Edited by Figster

1 hour ago, Boatdrinks said:

Probably, but not nearly enough of an increase to overall hotel capacity for hosting a Super Bowl. 

After further review I concede on the Superbowl in Buffalo idea.

You fellas are correct. Not enough accommodations.

Thanks

It looks like an uphill battle fore dome lovers.

Terry Pegula, from today's Buffalo News as quoted on the front page of TBD:

I used to watch the old NFL, then along came this league of ‘inferiors,’ the AFL,” he says. “But we used to love to watch those games. And the Bills had some really good teams, man. And it’d be snowing, just like our game with Indy a couple of years ago. People love that stuff. That’s why I hate domed stadiums.

I'd post more but I am "limit reached" with the news.

Edited by boater
  • Like (+1) 1