The Babylon Bee, America's Newspaper

3rdnlng

53 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I guarantee you there are people on this board that take that newspaper seriously

Well you must be one those posters because you were offended it was being called America’s Newspaper and you keep calling it a newspaper when everybody else knows it’s an actual satire website that is posted in the thread with the title …The Babylon Bee. 

Thats your problem, you don’t read or understand much of the subject matter in the threads down here and it makes you look stupid on this board.

But why don’t you go ahead and make a list of posters on this board you think take this obvious satire seriously? 

• Thank you (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, Commsvet11 said:

Well you must be one those posters because you were offended it was being called America’s Newspaper and you keep calling it a newspaper when everybody else knows it’s an actual satire website that is posted in the thread with the title …The Babylon Bee. 

Thats your problem, you don’t read or understand much of the subject matter in the threads down here and it makes you look stupid on this board.

But why don’t you go ahead and make a list of posters on this board you think take this obvious satire seriously? 

And your problem is that you don’t want your what you perceive to be your team to be wrong about anything, and it shows

Whenever you have people continuing to post over and over and over again the same idiotic sometimes funny articles from the bee you don’t recognize that they are actually believing what they are reading

Meanwhile, you will never see me post some thing from the onion here

3 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

And your problem is that you don’t want your what you perceive to be your team to be wrong about anything, and it shows

Whenever you have people continuing to post over and over and over again the same idiotic sometimes funny articles from the bee you don’t recognize that they are actually believing what they are reading

https://www.britannica.com/art/satire  

Educate yourself. No need to thank me. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

People are continuing to post the same idiotic and sometimes funny articles from the Babylon Bee in a thread specifically named …………The Babylon Bee

And you think, in your arrogant wisdom …..this thread created specifically for these satire articles that posters believe it’s real news. That’s a new level of stupidity.

Just now, Commsvet11 said:

People are continuing to post the same idiotic and sometimes funny articles from the Babylon Bee in a thread specifically named …………The Babylon Bee

And you think, in your arrogant wisdom …..this thread created specifically for these satire articles that posters believe it’s real news. That’s a new level of stupidity.

OK, I’m gonna give you the benefit of the doubt that you are not a stupid person and that you’re not recognizing that the Babylon bee is being posted more than just in its own thread

22 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

OK, I’m gonna give you the benefit of the doubt that you are not a stupid person and that you’re not recognizing that the Babylon bee is being posted more than just in its own thread

And I’m going to straight out tell you that if and when those posters do that it’s recognized as satire and done to prove a point or make a joke but because you are an arrogant ####### instead of considering the context,your mind goes to 

Gee this guy believes this a legitimate news source 

Because it never occurs in your tiny brain that maybe just maybe the right leaning crowd around here, you know whose professions range from nurse, doctor, molecular biologist, teacher maybe smart and you just can’t stand the thought of an intelligent person not agreeing with everything you say.

6 minutes ago, JDHillFan said:

Next up from J from R - “it’s not even made from paper!”

In his world we believe it’s a real newspaper and every word is true because it might get brought up as a joke or to compare to a close headline or something like that 

1 hour ago, Commsvet11 said:

And I’m going to straight out tell you that if and when those posters do that it’s recognized as satire and done to prove a point or make a joke but because you are an arrogant ####### instead of considering the context,your mind goes to 

Gee this guy believes this a legitimate news source 

Because it never occurs in your tiny brain that maybe just maybe the right leaning crowd around here, you know whose professions range from nurse, doctor, molecular biologist, teacher maybe smart and you just can’t stand the thought of an intelligent person not agreeing with everything you say.

Your post comes across as very arrogant

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

Your post comes across as very arrogant

You know what, since you are Mr. “Show Me The Proof” go start bumping threads where you have seen posters on this site use the Babylon bee as a news source since you think we all believe it’s real news.

• Thank you (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Commsvet11 said:

You know what, since you are Mr. “Show Me The Proof” go start bumping threads where you have seen posters on this site use the Babylon bee as a news source since you think we all believe it’s real news.

Exactly.

Even when, on the rare occasion that I have posted a Babylon Bee article in another thread, it is always to make fun of that subject.

(see the Kamala thread or the biden dementia thread)

NO ONE here thinks that it is real.  Sadly that just fits John's prejudice.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, B-Man said:

* SATIRE ALERT !

As if anyone needed more reason to despise Joy Behar. What a disgusting quote. The quotation marks mean that she actually said this.

Other cast members refuted such critiques. "It's very easy to refer to Hamas as ‘terrorists,'" said long-time co-host Joy Behar. "We want to understand the viewpoints of everyone, including someone who wants to kidnap, rape, and murder innocent people."

:lol:

This really happened as well. I witnessed it myself at a Chick-fil-a in Raleigh yesterday. 

2 minutes ago, JDHillFan said:

That’s not what it means at all. It’s all satire. Maybe J from R has a point. 

Surely you didn't believe that I was being serious....

In fairness to JFR, we should start quoting the actual articles of our rock solid news source, instead of just the headline.

"What's a guy have to do around here to get credit for mass murder?" asked Hamas terrorist Durka Mohammed. "We provide video after video clearly identifying our victims as helpless women and children, we film the execution, we leave the bodies out for evidence...what more do you people want from us??"

• Thank you (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Commsvet11 said:

I did not say you all

But while we’re there, unfortunately, you do act like a pack of hyenas a little tribe that have to back each other up rather than think critically

I’ve been pretty fair to you commsvet because I’m not gonna go out of my way to insult a fellow veteran, even if I disagree with how he thinks

I have not been shown the same respect by you so that stops now

• Eyeroll 1

On 10/13/2023 at 9:36 PM, John from Riverside said:

I take offense to it being called America’s newspaper

You go to a newspaper to get news

This is parody which is comedy. It’s not a newspaper.

be offended. Nobody ***** cares. You’re a child

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3