Joe B All-22 from Dolphins game

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, dave mcbride said:

I thought Allen played well in the second half. Don't get me wrong. But on that play, there isn't a Dolphins defender within 5 yards of McKenzie between the 15 and 5 yard lines, and it only becomes tight after he passes the 2 yard line. It was a bad play by Allen. It happens. Hopefully next time when presented with the same situation, he'll get rid of it on time. 

That safety was in good position to make a play on Mckenzie if Josh threw the ball earlier.  Mckenzie wasn't really open until the safety let him go by so he could stay in position for the crossing route underneath...which is exactly when Josh threw the ball.  

Edited by Mikey152
  • Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, K-9 said:

I admire your fortitude for being able to stomach this place during a game. It’s full tilt bozo time around here on game days. 

It's rough on gamedays when they aren't playing so hot. I got a 3-day suspension for sharing my thoughts on that sometime last year, haha. Definitely a ton of knee-jerk overreactions.

On 10/23/2019 at 12:12 AM, BADOLBILZ said:

I saw the All-22 of that play as it was happening:lol:..........if Allen were Chad Pennington throwing with perfect anticipation and placement within 15 yards of the LOS then this WR corps would be a great fit.   He's not.   He didn't see John Brown open on a 3rd down pass that fell incomplete to Knox in the first half as well.   That's what you get with him.   He also buys time with his feet and creates opportunities for passing plays that a game manager could not.   

Yeah I remember that play where brown was open. To be fair I didn't see Allen miss alot of open players in this game. 

2 hours ago, london_bills said:

Yeah I remember that play where brown was open. To be fair I didn't see Allen miss alot of open players in this game. 

What's your definition of miss?   We're talking about missing the open WR by not throwing the ball to him. 

22 minutes ago, london_bills said:

Yeah that's what I mean. Throwing to a more covered receiver/ missing the throw when there was a more open receiver.

You can split that out a bit more.  There are still many instances where Allen doesn't throw the ball at all to a receiver who's NFL open, but not college open.   It's all part of his learning and maturation.  Hopefully he starts to hit those at a greater frequency because then he will be deadly.  Teams still need to respect his running ability and that means one less defender in pass coverage.   Daboll has schemed for that mismatch, and now it's up to Allen to take advantage.