Around the NFL: Week 6 Sunday Game Thread

4 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

well thats an archaic rule that needs to go.

Why does it "need to go"? I can think of some rules that really blow, and semi-regularly screw up games (fumbling into the endzone, for example). Not sure why this rule would bother anyone. If they can kick a 70 yard FG, more power to them, I say.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

Actually, I have heard that he was sick in that game. He apparently had a fever.

Do you have a source?  Because the closest I've read is that Darnold was given a diagnosis of Strep on Tuesday night then diagnosed with Mono on Thursday, the week after our game.   Tuesday seems like a long time to wait to do a strep test if your star QB has a fever on Sunday.

8 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Can't be. ?

I dont think there's any question he was effected by it. He was diagnosed that Wednesday. 

Joes guna get mad though....

Right, because when your star QB is sick on Sunday they always wait to diagnose him until Wednesday ...unless it was Tuesday or Thursday.

My kid can get diagnosed on campus by Student Health faster than that.

On 10/13/2019 at 7:51 PM, Seven-N-Nine said:

This win ranks higher than wins against the Bengals, Titans and Giants I think. The Jets game might be the Bills' most impressive win. And we all know Darnold had mono during that game.

They are gonna ge steamrolled on monday night. I dont think jets have a chance

5 hours ago, The Dean said:

Why does it "need to go"? I can think of some rules that really blow, and semi-regularly screw up games (fumbling into the endzone, for example). Not sure why this rule would bother anyone. If they can kick a 70 yard FG, more power to them, I say.

because you should have to score like usual,Teams need to earn their points.

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

3 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

because you should have to score like usual,Teams need to earn their points.

If your team has someone that can boot a football 70 yards to earn three points, they earned it.  And, much more definitively than by a herd of nearsighted zebras convoluting the rules to suit the narrative.

11 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Do you have a source?  Because the closest I've read is that Darnold was given a diagnosis of Strep on Tuesday night then diagnosed with Mono on Thursday, the week after our game.   Tuesday seems like a long time to wait to do a strep test if your star QB has a fever on Sunday.

Right, because when your star QB is sick on Sunday they always wait to diagnose him until Wednesday ...unless it was Tuesday or Thursday.

My kid can get diagnosed on campus by Student Health faster than that.

My bad. I had heard that, but it looks like he was actually fine. Scroll down: https://www.newsday.com/sports/football/jets/sam-darnold-mono-1.36204301