Beasley's skillset?

12 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

I think playing with Brady has blinded people to ehat Edleman is.  He may be a better athlete than Beasley but for God's sake he doesnt burn you.   His yards per reception is exactly .6 of a yard better than Beasley over their career.    When you talk about touchdowns per season Beasley has Edleman.  The difference is really targets.  Edleman is targeted a ton and Beasley spent most of his early career as a 4th wideout.  Not saying Beasley is better at all.  But lets live in reality a bit when it comes to what Edleman is.

well his targeting must be on the rise. Allen loves Cole

and Bellicheckers know it.
Allen watchinghim as soon as the ball was snapped last week could better be e setup by Daboll for this week

Beasley is fairly awesome btw. great cuts and Defenses are quite focused on him. one bad play doth not maketh him a concern for Pats. they have to defend the under routes. dinks and dunks  haha thats patriots football ! how ya like like us now Billiam

1 hour ago, Gray Beard said:

I thought the thread title was Beasley’s Skillet. I guess I’ve been spending to much time reading about Cooking the Perfect Steak. 

well first off you do pork chops on a skillet never ever steak, okay once. but not ever again.
Cole has plenty of game to him. Allen has to catch up to his cuts to get him some room to run maybe ?

10 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

well first off you do pork chops on a skillet never ever steak, okay once. but not ever again.
Cole has plenty of game to him. Allen has to catch up to his cuts to get him some room to run maybe ?

The PERFECT Steak

I dunno.  A few people in this thread say that a cast iron skillet is the way to go.   Be careful if you try to interact.  A lot of EXPERTS will critique your description of The PERFECT Steak.  I imagine Beasley has eaten a few PERFECT Steaks in his lifetime. 

5 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

Again Edleman has almost the exact same yards per reception as Beasley and less tds per year.  As such your assessment that one can take it to the house on you and the other falls down isnt correct.

And stats are everything, right?  I suppose you would argue Tyrod was a top 10 qb when he was here and his QBR said so.

15 hours ago, LyndonvilleBill said:

With the way Beasley plays versus how Edleman plays on the field, does this help with the preparation of the Bills defense against NE this weekend? I think shutting down Edleman will be key to beating NE. Thoughts?

Edelman will be more worried about not being in intense pain for the game. His kind of injury will limit his production.

BTW, Lyndonville, Vermont? That's home territory!!! The Miss Lyndonville Diner hosted many a family meal there... of course back when my grandpa, aunts and uncles were alive...

6 hours ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

Edelman will be more worried about not being in intense pain for the game. His kind of injury will limit his production.

BTW, Lyndonville, Vermont? That's home territory!!! The Miss Lyndonville Diner hosted many a family meal there... of course back when my grandpa, aunts and uncles were alive...

I don't think he'll be worried. He may not be 100% and may try and avoid unnecessary hits. Maybe less YAC or more work outside instead of the middle of the field? It just seems he is the one that keeps the chains moving and it wears down our defense. Hopefully it won't be the case later today.

BTW. Lyndonville, New York.

21 hours ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Its funny to here people say stuff like this.  Their passing game has not been good against us recently.  If we stop the run they are gonna lose.

If we can handle Gordon and limit Edelman to a Crowder-like game, I like our chances in a game where Josh doesn't turn over the ball (first half drives have actually been very strong until the momentum-killing turnovers, good enough to put up points on 3-4 drives before halftime and keep our defense rested. My biggest concern is how we will handle their two-minute/red zone offense without quick wins from our defensive line (Brady thrives vs. extra rushers, and our LBs will be needed in coverage against the pass-catching RBs/Edelman). We always had a tough time with Gronk and I'm curious to see if we can keep up if we don't turn over the ball on poor fumble protection or an indefensible throw. I'm not worried about this team's ability to keep drives going and score in the red zone- we do both relatively well against the league and are miles better than past Buffalo teams. Force two turnovers, commit zero on a stupid pass or backfield fumble, and we can legitimately hang with the Pats. I'll be very happy to see the D continue to prove they are elite along with a smart game from Josh in a close game against a Pats team that has no glaring weaknesses (not always the case, and NE/KC look a cut above the other clear contenders).

9 hours ago, DCofNC said:

And stats are everything, right?  I suppose you would argue Tyrod was a top 10 qb when he was here and his QBR said so.

They arent everything but they are something.  If you want to say QBR which is a statistical mix mash is similar to YPC and touchdowns per game be my guest.  I think youre going a long ways to defend a comment you made that isnt true.  Die on that hill because it really doesnt matter.  Edleman isnt a burner neither is Beasley.

7 hours ago, LyndonvilleBill said:

I don't think he'll be worried. He may not be 100% and may try and avoid unnecessary hits. Maybe less YAC or more work outside instead of the middle of the field? It just seems he is the one that keeps the chains moving and it wears down our defense. Hopefully it won't be the case later today.

BTW. Lyndonville, New York.

Me too... I just think his injury isn't the sort of injury a WR that goes across the middle can play well with. No one else it talking about this!

I had NO idea there was more than one... Vermont has a lot of unique town names not found anywhere else, so I ASSumed LMAO

On 9/28/2019 at 12:41 PM, Locomark said:

At the Cinci game last week I watched them trying to jump the quick swirl or curl routes for Beasley. Time for coach to get Beasley on that out and up sideline route or try a deeper slant or seam route. We need to stretch the field on the Pats and Beasley in the seam / stick route might be a way to do it. He has more to his game and maybe this is the week that Dabol pulls it out. I know he had held onto things specifically because the Past were coming. 

..good call...he certainly has the talent to do it......this kid is potentially OUR Edelman/Amendola/ Welker, a pretty destructive Patsies trio..........

On 9/28/2019 at 9:55 PM, Gray Beard said:

The PERFECT Steak

I dunno.  A few people in this thread say that a cast iron skillet is the way to go.   Be careful if you try to interact.  A lot of EXPERTS will critique your description of The PERFECT Steak.  I imagine Beasley has eaten a few PERFECT Steaks in his lifetime. 

Iron skillets are for Blackened cookings when it come to meats and or fish

and unHook the smoke detectors

: )

Edited by 3rdand12
  • Like (+1) 1