The Bills have the worst backup QB in the league? Really?

BisonMan

12 hours ago, Drunken Pygmy Goat said:

Eventually, people will realize that USA Today knkws absolutely nothing about football, and will cease posting their garbage here. 

All you're doing is giving them clicks by spreading their links. Clicks that they rely on for advertising revenue. 

This^. Op took one for the team by clicking on it once, don’t give them more clicks for terrible journalism 

3 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

They list AJ Mcarron at #15, didnt the Bills can AJ and keep Barkley instead?

No. They kept Nathan Peterman instead of McCarron. 

13 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

It's easy to be a solid QB. when you never have to play.  Barkley has no body of work to compare.  He's an imaginary number.  A fart.

The problem is Barkley DOES have a body of work. It ain't good. https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/BarkMa00.htm

(I do think right now he's a perfectly decent/probably average-ish backup. Bills fans are so sensitive sometimes. Remember, Barkley was completely out of a job for a year and a half when he was an emergency pick-up last year, AFTER we preferred Derek Anderson. Sheesh.)

19 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

They list AJ Mcarron at #15, didnt the Bills can AJ and keep Barkley instead?

Well, they traded McCarron well before they ever signed Barkley, but I sure wouldn't want to get rid of Barkley and get McCarron back.

I went back and looked at Barkley's career stats.  His completion percentage is pedestrian and a fraction under 60%.  The big negative is his TD interception ratio - 10 TDs against 18 interceptions.  There are different things that can cause that  high number of interceptions, some of which can be countered by coaching and maturation.  Some can be due to receiver error (tips and route running).  Some, of course are due to inaccuracy and attitude in the QB himself and aren't likely to change.  Historically I doubt there is any way to categorize Barkley's interceptions without a whole lot more homework than I'm willing to do.  At this point in his career, he looks like he's pretty accurate and mature about making his reads and balancing risk/reward.  That's alll I can ask.

Edited by TigerJ