Sign in to follow this  
BillsFan4

NFL competition committee likely to look at Dolphins tanking

2 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

Considering this is a board that, for the most part, can't distinguish between "their," "they're," and "there," I would like to congratulate you on your use of the word "nefarious."

Underused in my book.

The puzzlewit possessor of the Miami club is trying to chisel the fans out of their case dough for football, and for me I think they need a gumshoe to find out who needs to be nailed by the league for this con.

2 hours ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

I'd rather they look into Tom Brady and the NE Patriots nefarious deeds 

They can't. It would violate the back door dealing that Kraft, Bellicheat and Brady have with the the Commish and the Refs.

2 hours ago, Albany,n.y. said:

Actually they did. They signed Kerry Collins, who started 3 games, sucked, then got hurt, went on IR in late October & never played again.  It's a myth they didn't try to get a viable NFL QB.  It just didn't work out with Collins & then they were screwed because it was too late to get another potential starting QB, so they went with who was left on their roster.  

Kerry Collins was 39...in 2011 and finished 

2 hours ago, apuszczalowski said:

In some cases it matters and people care because they put down good money to attend games, and sponsors and TV. Stations put up good money to be represented by a team and to show the NFL product.. A competition committee can be involved because a team throwing a season away lowers the competition, the league also prides itself on 'Any given Sunday' and that in the NFL there always a chance your team could win.

I hear what you are saying, but it also is best for an organization to build a winning franchise versus sticking in mediocrity or worse.  One bad year to rebuild for 10 good years is worth more in the long run.  Just my 2 cents though, and I actually dont really think Dolphins are doing a good job actually.  I just think its their right to try what they think will get them on the up swing fastest.  

2 hours ago, Say When... said:

Tunsil was perplexing but the Minkah trade made zero sense to me, essentially they gain nothing as they still have a need at the position

Yeah my thoughts exactly

Tanking for Tua Toga is definitely not something I want to see happening in the AFC East.

I'm just saying...

Edited by Figster

I hope their next draft is on par with their performance against the Cheaters last week.

Just whiff, baby! 

😋

The NFL has wanted a busier FA period.  An actual trade period.  Now they have one.  Yes, they are tanking.  It's a method that actually works.  Striving for mediocrity does nothing. The larger markets cant handle it.  Miami will not show up to games.  

There is no way to prove they are tanking.

The Bills had a very similar road of moving players and creating cap space and acquiring picks. They had a player retire at half time. 

Their playoff season saw loses to the tune of

47-10 to the Saints

54-24 to the Chargers 

23-3 to the Pats. 

I do appreciate the "any given Sunday" mentality, but I also appreciate how hard it is to win in this league. If you lack talent, especially at QB, you will struggle, if not mightily.

Tbh there's absolutely no need for the NFL to EVER implement a draft lottery and I don't care how bad anyone tanks. The reason they do it in the NBA is because one transcendent player can completely change the course of your franchise (see: Lebron James) because there's only 5 guys playing at a time and 13 players total on a team. But in the NFL no player can completely carry a team, not even Brady or Rodgers.

• Like (+1) 1

In order to preclude all this speculation regarding ‘tanking’, the league has awarded picks 1 through 5 in the 2020 draft to the New England Patriots.

Elite QBs don't have to be drafted #1.  They could be picked 10th, 7th, or 199.  

I think the trend is obvious.

New coaches and or management want to sink or swim with "their" guys.  

Jacksonville and Washington could have done this to but they have coaches coaching for their jobs.  Denver felt like they got their guy in the draft and the GM clearly doesn't like or will tolerate losing.   

But barring situations like Green Bay where you can't blow up the team because you have Aaron Rodgers, cases like Miami will continue to happen.