Cole Beasley releasing new rap song with hip-hop legend DMC

YoloinOhio

23 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Beasley instantly became one of my favorite non-Bills when I heard the first track. Every athlete is a “rapper” and every rapper is an “athlete.” I have a ton of respect for those that can actually cross-over. Beasley, 2 Chainz, Quavo, Marvin Bagley, Game, J Cole and Wale have all had success. The unquestioned GOAT though is Dame D.O.L.L.A.

Dam Kirby, you like these new artists huh?  90s rap all day.  BIG, Nas, Mobb Deep, Rakim, Wu Tang, EPMD, kool G rap still rule my car stereo.

I tried to give these kids a shot, but I really can’t stand any of them.  There are maybe 10 beats that I like in the last 15 years since mumble rap was introduced.  Big Sean is probably my favorite, followed by Kendrick Lamar, but I don’t listen to any of their music by choice.

edit: I lik Action Bronson too, mostly because the Alchemist throws down great beats

Edited by NewEra

18 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Dam Kirby, you like these new artists huh?  90s rap all day.  BIG, Nas, Mobb Deep, Rakim, Wu Tang, EPMD, kool G rap still rule my car stereo.

I tried to give these kids a shot, but I really can’t stand any of them.  There are maybe 10 beats that I like in the last 15 years since mumble rap was introduced.  Big Sean is probably my favorite, followed by Kendrick Lamar, but I don’t listen to any of their music by choice.

edit: I lik Action Bronson too, mostly because the Alchemist throws down great beats

Oh no just to be clear the last 15 years or so have been TERRIBLE for the genre (excluding Kendrick Lamar). My point was just that I like guys that have SOME skill in both areas. Do you remember how bad Kobe was as a rapper or the countless rappers in the NBA celebrity game that made you cringe? My point was just I respect those other guys that don’t embarrass themselves in either. Dame is a bit of an exception because he’s a legit MVP candidate and pretty damn good as a lyricist (starts at the 2:45 mark and is over one of my favorite beats ever):

27 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Are you not on to Buffalo's own Benny The Butcher? He is with Griselda Records who signed a deal with Eminem and recently a management deal with Jay-Z. They bring back the 90's sound. Listen to his two latest albums 'Tana Talk 3' and 'Plugs I Met' for starters. He has songs with alot of legends. Also with Griselda is Benny's cousins Conway and Westside Gunn. They are dope as well but Benny is the best lyricist.

1 hour ago, StHustle said:

Are you not on to Buffalo's own Benny The Butcher? He is with Griselda Records who signed a deal with Eminem and recently a management deal with Jay-Z. They bring back the 90's sound. Listen to his two latest albums 'Tana Talk 3' and 'Plugs I Met' for starters. He has songs with alot of legends. Also with Griselda is Benny's cousins Conway and Westside Gunn. They are dope as well but Benny is the best lyricist.

I’m in Vegas and haven’t really been following the music scene recently.  

Brought my headphones the the bar.  What are your favorite tracks from this guys?