Examining Allen Expectations

HOUSE

18 hours ago, MJS said:

So if he has all of that except he also has 750 yards rushing (46 yards per game), will you be disappointed?

I'll take it, but needs to learn to slide more. The less hits in my qb, the better.

Edit: Now that I think more on it, 750 might be a little too much. I'll meet you at 500.

8 minutes ago, Dopey said:

I'll take it, but needs to learn to slide more. The less hits in my qb, the better.

Edit: Now that I think more on it, 750 might be a little too much. I'll meet you at 500.

I personally don't think he had much of an issue taking hits. He jumped over Barr. Yeah, that was risky. There was another time that he leaned into a hit while he was going out of bounds. He should have ducked out of bounds sooner. Other than that I don't remember him taking big hits. There was the cheap shot from Kiko, bit he had already slid by that point. Were there other hits that I am not thinking of?

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, MJS said:

I personally don't think he had much of an issue taking hits. He jumped over Barr. Yeah, that was risky. There was another time that he leaned into a hit while he was going out of bounds. He should have ducked out of bounds sooner. Other than that I don't remember him taking big hits. There was the cheap shot from Kiko, bit he had already slid by that point. Were there other hits that I am not thinking of?

I can't think of any. Still, I'd rather limit the chances of injury. Plus kiko isn't the only idiot out there. Someone out there is willing to give up a 15 yd penalty to get him out of the game. Rather have Singletary and Gore go for 750 each.

On 9/6/2019 at 8:15 AM, billybob71 said:

actually i hope they  spread the field often and let him throw alot and use his athletic ability. yeah there will be mistakes made and maybe some game ending interceptions but let him learn and be aggressive. im not saying never run the ball but lets let this kid PLAY and gain experience this year!!

come out with a quick tempo and gas em. it's the first game and none of these jets guys have played 4 qtrs. take advantage and wear them out early.

run gore and singletary in the 4th.....get the w and call it a day.  allen 27/35  287 2 td 0 int.  gore 85 singletary  75 yeldon 33.

bills 31 jets 17

edit: i forgot mckenzie to the pylon on a reverse from the 13 yd. line

edit: but seriously, we need dabol to show the greggo/the nfl that you can blitz but josh can throw last second 70mph killers.

Edited by billsredneck1

On 9/6/2019 at 6:05 PM, SoTier said:

I think that ranking the sophomore years against each other -- with their names -- would be the most helpful.  That enables anybody who wishes to pursue this to do it.

3jXV6fu.jpg

pmGNyHH.jpg

The first list is guys in their sophomore years who had playing time as rookies (and their previous rank for rookie season).

The second is guys who got to start for the first time as sophomores. Their QB ranking is being compared only with the first list to keep it standardized. I'll track the 5 from last year as the season progresses.

• Thank you (+1) 1