Describe Josh Allen in One Word... his teammates respond

YoloinOhio

If I never hear the topic of race brought up again it’ll be too soon. I’m absolutely blown away that anyone would ever be triggered by what Dawkins said. 

The sooner the world realizes we have one race, the human race, the better off the world will be. 

??‍♂️??‍♂️??‍♂️??‍♂️??‍♂️

??‍♀️??‍♀️??‍♀️??‍♀️??‍♀️

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

Agree.

I've heard so many people say they wish the world was "colorblind."  I get that their intentions are good, but it's the LAST thing we want.  We need to teach kids to acknowledge, understand, accept and respect differences in others.

I sort of agree with this but sort of don’t. We can acknowledge all people have differences and unique attributes, but that those things are not supposed to divide us.  That rather they are simply external differences but we really should be judged by the “content of our character”. I swear I heard that once. 

4 hours ago, iinii said:

What I am saying is what we see in children. Kids who aren’t raised with bias, learned from their parents usually, don’t see skin color at all. They refer to their friends and peers as simply that kid. If you ask them which kid, they will say the one with the blue shirt on or the one wearing the hat. 

That's not true at all... Kids will describe others by skin color if it's a simple way to differentiate that person from others. That's a fact and it's common sense. It's not because they're racist. It's just because humans differentiate color, size, texture, etc.

I interpret what Dawkins said as a comment on culture, but it's nothing to be offended by. That being said, I do assume that there would be a bit of an uproar if a white player said something similar about a black player. It's just the wave society is riding right now.

• Like (+1) 1

WTF happened to this thread?

1773038262_download(41).thumb.jpg.d11615e16fb322a92bccfd5d6f9d7c52.jpg

From an OP talking about teammates saying good things about Josh Allen to the triggering.  Everyone is so programmed by MSM and social media to REACT to labels.  Both sides, divided over what?  Our handlers want us divided, its like someone blew a dog whistle in this thread and everyone reacted just like they were trained, like pavlov's puppy.

I come here to get away from this crap.  Can we please get back to football.

Or not, whatever.

Rant/over

Carry on.

1 hour ago, Element115 said:

I dunno, Allen is still a 50% passer, as advertised.  Hope that changes, but in no way should his detractors be apologetic at this stage...

I see your point but I'm optimistic. One has to think with the additions made to the line and receiving corps that Allen has to improve, and I believe he takes the next step in becoming the QB this fan base has been waiting for. 

Then the detractors can apologize?

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, thebandit27 said:

Don't you think you're being more than a bit presumptuous here?

It's completely normal for my kids to say "dad, my favorite Tae Kwon Do teacher is Mr. [Smith]", and when I ask "cool, which one is Mr. Smith?", for him to say "he's the one with brown skin".  My kid is 6, and that's by far the easiest way to identify the teacher he's talking about.  And yes, this is a real life example.

That's not weird, and it's not labeling Mr. [Smith] in a dangerous way no matter how hard someone might try to be offended by it.

Ya think?  See post I just responded to...

You are going to have do better than that. So everyone with brown skin is martial arts instructor? Or is it everyone named Smith? Identifying someone by general characteristics isn’t brain surgery. This has nothing to do with making general assumptions based on the way someone looks which I believe is dumb. 

1 minute ago, iinii said:

You are going to have do better than that. So everyone with brown skin is martial arts instructor? Or is it everyone named Smith? Identifying someone by general characteristics isn’t brain surgery. This has nothing to do with making general assumptions based on the way someone looks which I believe is dumb. 

Okay man, you're going to have to pick a different target for this crusade.

I'm done with it.

51 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

That's not true at all... Kids will describe others by skin color if it's a simple way to differentiate that person from others. That's a fact and it's common sense. It's not because they're racist. It's just because humans differentiate color, size, texture, etc.

I interpret what Dawkins said as a comment on culture, but it's nothing to be offended by. That being said, I do assume that there would be a bit of an uproar if a white player said something similar about a black player. It's just the wave society is riding right now.

Depending on their environment. My child didn’t refer to anyone’s skin color until he was six, something he learned else where. We taught our child to see everyone as a person first not someone who looks a certain way. 

You know what?  I didn’t even realize Josh Allen was white until I read this thread.  That’s probably because I’m the least racist of all of you. 

5 minutes ago, iinii said:

Depending on their environment. My child didn’t refer to anyone’s skin color until he was six, something he learned else where. We taught our child to see everyone as a person first not someone who looks a certain way. 

Dude. All kids see the physical differences among people. What you teach them is how to react and respond to it.  

41 minutes ago, iinii said:

And....?

Was he being racist?

Did you save the Tweet?