THE ROCKPILE REVIEW - Let the Games Begin

Shaw66

4 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

As to your first point, I'll admit to being lazy and using a tired cliche to open my piece.   However, there is nothing wrong with using battle as a metaphor for football.  It's been done for decades.  Beyond that, it's a really good metaphor, because there is nothing in real life that more closely approximates war than football.   In fact, that's why a lot of people like watching it - it's a complex contest between two teams involving intense hand-to-hand combat, strategy and the acquisition of territory, which is exactly what war is.   It's a stylized war that my city can excited about when we play some other guy's city.  We can watch it but be spared the actual killing that goes on in war.   

The players prepare for games like they prepare for battle.  That's what "putting your game face" on is about.   It's about getting ready emotionally to defeat, within the rules, the guy across the line of scrimmage from you.  We have rules, like "no knives," so the battle happens but without the killing.  

George Carlin aptly pointed out that football uses the war jargon regularly.   The bomb, the blitz, contest in the trenches.  What's the highest compliment a player can give to a teammate?  Call him a "warrior."

Marv's quote was about what's important in life, and he was correct.  Football isn't important, and war is deadly serious.  But that doesn't mean that the metaphor doesn't work.  The metaphor captures the intensity of football very well.   

As for your second point, where is it written, in the Code of Conduct or elsewhere, that we can't discuss next year?  If you think Brandon Beane is not thinking about 2020 and 2021 EVERY DAY, you are sadly mistaken.   Building a football team is a multi-year process, and the process doesn't stop when this year's season begins.  And there ARE indications that next year's talent will be better than this year's talent.   One such indication is how young the team is today.   If there are no new players added to the roster, the team will be better next season simply because many of the current players will be better.   All the young guys have more to learn, and they will. Josh Allen, in particular, will be a better QB in 2020.  In addition, once again the Bills have more than their share of draft picks, and they are in very good salary cap situation, so they will be in position to acquire new players, some of whom will be more talented than the players on the current roster.   Is it possible that won't happen?   Sure, it's possible.  Is it likely?   Not very likely at all.  The Bills will have 53 players in 2020 who are, collectively, more talented than the 53 they have right now. 

The Bills don't "need" to win ten or more games.   They don't "need" to do anything, because this is football, not war.  If what you're suggesting is focusing on 2020 takes the focus away from 2019, well, sure, if I'm a coach or a player, my mind has to be 100% on today and this week, and any thought of 2020 is an unhelpful distraction.   But I'm a fan, and if my focus shifts from time to time to 2020, that has absolutely no impact on how the players and coaches perform this week.   

Ten wins or more may be some marker that you think is important, and maybe you think that some consequences should befall McDermott or Beane if the team fails to reach that threshold, but that's your marker, not theirs.   However, nothing McDermott, Beane or the Pegulas have said suggests in any way that the Pegulas have set the 2019 bar at 10 wins.   I fully expect that the Pegulas will view 8 or 9 wins as a positive season, assuming they're seeing the right kind of growth and improvement.   

The dialogue between BV and you was excellent; thank you both for this. I do however suspect that you are wrong wrt the last sentence.

Imo, if the Bills are any good at all, they should win AT LEAST 4 divisional games, and I almost typed 5. Brady is great, blah blah blah but he is also 80 years old. As one ages, injuries are more frequent and they linger. The Jets seem to lack defense and their QB is as young as ours. The Dolphins are intentionally tanking the season imo.

The above should leave the door open for 10 or more wins with a healthy Josh Allen. Will they  win 10? None of us know but at some point we need to see results from this "process" and make/hear less excuses.

Jmo. 

4 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

The dialogue between BV and you was excellent; thank you both for this. I do however suspect that you are wrong wrt the last sentence.

Imo, if the Bills are any good at all, they should win AT LEAST 4 divisional games, and I almost typed 5. Brady is great, blah blah blah but he is also 80 years old. As one ages, injuries are more frequent and they linger. The Jets seem to lack defense and their QB is as young as ours. The Dolphins are intentionally tanking the season imo.

The above should leave the door open for 10 or more wins with a healthy Josh Allen. Will they  win 10? None of us know but at some point we need to see results from this "process" and make/hear less excuses.

Jmo. 

Your point about the dolphins is valid, but not the Jets. The Jets have a scary front seven as much as the Bills do. Assuming that the tankphins are auto-wins thats 8 more that need to be won. Hypothetically we split the series with the Jets and thats 3 wins. Wheres the other 7 coming from? 

I count 4 safe-ish bets for the Bills to win:

Giants

Bengals

Redskins

Broncos

Thats 7 wins. Which means we need to get 3 from the other 9 games (Patriots x2, Steelers, Ravens, Browns, Cowboys. Titans, Eagles,)

Plausible, but certainly not a guarantee. Expecting that result to be the floor to prove what the FO is doing is heading in a positive direction is a little silly to me. 

Great write up as always.

One thing I will disagree with are your Allen comments, yes he had two very good pre-season games but sadly, the last game he played he looked anything but "Allen looks poised and comfortable. ".  That int he threw was as bad a decision as he has ever made.  Yes one pas and one  pre-season game but after I feel less confident in Allen.  He simply can nt be a competent NFL QB making such poor decisions.

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

Jmo. 

4 AFCE  wins are at the upper end of realism imo.    I am going to assume we can sweep the Dolphins, the Jets are a good team, beating them at home wil be very difficult, we are a 3 pt underdog right now, that is a tough divisional road game, a game we are "supposed" to lose.  We  will also be underdogs in both Pats game.  A road lose to the Jets and 2 to the Pats gets us 3 in the AFCE.  So to get to 4, we have two win both Dolphin games (we will be favored), beat the Jets at home and THEN take on of 3 games we "shouldn't win, Jets road, and 2 pat games.

1 hour ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Great write up as always.

One thing I will disagree with are your Allen comments, yes he had two very good pre-season games but sadly, the last game he played he looked anything but "Allen looks poised and comfortable. ".  That int he threw was as bad a decision as he has ever made.  Yes one pas and one  pre-season game but after I feel less confident in Allen.  He simply can nt be a competent NFL QB making such poor decisions.

I remember the words of Joe Montana " In preseason you can throw the dumbest pass with little consequences, just an angry head coach. "

Do you really think Josh Allen throws that pass in a regular season game???  lol, not me

Edited by HOUSE

40 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

4 AFCE  wins are at the upper end of realism imo.    I am going to assume we can sweep the Dolphins, the Jets are a good team, beating them at home wil be very difficult, we are a 3 pt underdog right now, that is a tough divisional road game, a game we are "supposed" to lose.  We  will also be underdogs in both Pats game.  A road lose to the Jets and 2 to the Pats gets us 3 in the AFCE.  So to get to 4, we have two win both Dolphin games (we will be favored), beat the Jets at home and THEN take on of 3 games we "shouldn't win, Jets road, and 2 pat games.

Obviously, we are either going to make the playoffs or not. McDermott has been here long enough for the Bills to be capable of having a winning record in a not so strong division. Injuries are another matter but if Josh stays healthy and we can't play well, I think that it is time to take a close look at McBeane and the "process."

Jmo.

• Like (+1) 1

The start of the season always breeds optimism even in the most dire of times.  I agree, this season feels, looks, and smells different. 

They will have a top 5 defense.  The offense was a complete mess a year ago.  They have nowhere to go but up.  Allen the last month of the season seemed to figure it out.  With an improved oline and pass catchers, I'm confident the offense will be much improved.  

The X-factor is the running game, and more importantly Singletary.  The cutting of McCoy was shocking but shows the confidence the coaching staff and organization has in Singeltary.  Wanting to give him a larger role in the offense is the only reason to release McCoy.  If it was a money move it would have taken place in March or June.  If Singletary has a Hunt, or Kamara type impact, the offense is now alot more explosive.

This year Buffalo challenges NE.  Do they beat them for the division?  Idk.  Buffalo makes the playoffs.  They have 10 plus wins.  

23 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

I remember the words of Joe Montana " In preseason you can throw the dumbest pass with little consequences, just an angry head coach. "

Do you really think Josh Allen throws that pass in a regular season game???  lol, not me

Good point on the part of Joe Montana but really Joe Montana and Josh Allen are about as close to polar opposites as i can imagine.  Montana "earned" the right to screw up in pre-season, Allen isnt even in the same conversation at this point.

Would he throw that pas in regular season, dont know, it certainly would not shock me.   His entire career he has been accused of trying to play hero ball and force throws using his power.

1 minute ago, Mat68 said:

The start of the season always breeds optimism even in the most dire of times.  I agree, this season feels, looks, and smells different. 

They will have a top 5 defense.  The offense was a complete mess a year ago.  They have nowhere to go but up.  Allen the last month of the season seemed to figure it out.  With an improved oline and pass catchers, I'm confident the offense will be much improved.  

The X-factor is the running game, and more importantly Singletary.  The cutting of McCoy was shocking but shows the confidence the coaching staff and organization has in Singeltary.  Wanting to give him a larger role in the offense is the only reason to release McCoy.  If it was a money move it would have taken place in March or June.  If Singletary has a Hunt, or Kamara type impact, the offense is now alot more explosive.

This year Buffalo challenges NE.  Do they beat them for the division?  Idk.  Buffalo makes the playoffs.  They have 10 plus wins.  

I think money played a factor, if they were paying him $1 million to be one of a grouip of RBs i think they would have kept him, not for $6 million.  He isnt even close to an every down back anymore.

5 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

Obviously, we are either going to make the playoffs or not. McDermott has been here long enough for the Bills to be capable of having a winning record in a not so strong division. Injuries are another matter but if Josh stays healthy and we can't play well, I think that it is time to take a close look at McBeane and the "process."

Jmo.

As I've been saying for a year, I think 2020 is the year the Bills should be a solid playoff team.   I think the two key players, Allen and Edmunds, have a lot to learn, and this is the year they learn it.   I expect them to be polished vets (still learning, but polished vets) next year.   I think there's still improvement to be made along the o line and d line, and the Bills still need a serious #1 receiver.   Maybe Brown emerges, and maybe Foster, but probably not this year.   

So I think 8 or 9 wins would not be an indictment of the process.   I think it would be evidence of a team headed in the right direction.   

Having said that, I seriously believe this is a team that COULD win 10 or 11.  I don't think four AFCE wins is the upper end of realism; I think it's 5.   I think the Bills could challenge for the division title - and actually be one of the most credible teams to do it in the AFCE in a decade.   Two wins over the Dolphins should happen, and if things go well two wins over the Jets, too.   And if things go well I think the Bills can be good enough to take one from the Pats.    Three AFCE wins would be disappointing, but the Jets could turn out to be really good.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Good point on the part of Joe Montana but really Joe Montana and Josh Allen are about as close to polar opposites as i can imagine.  Montana "earned" the right to screw up in pre-season, Allen isnt even in the same conversation at this point.

Would he throw that pas in regular season, dont know, it certainly would not shock me.   His entire career he has been accused of trying to play hero ball and force throws using his power.

I think money played a factor, if they were paying him $1 million to be one of a grouip of RBs i think they would have kept him, not for $6 million.  He isnt even close to an every down back anymore.

With the cap space they have I dont see money being the deciding factor. Imo, they want to Singletary a larger role.  How would McCoy react to recieving at best a third of the reps.  The offense is more efficient with Gore vs McCoy.  Singletary, more explosive and fresher legs.  Gore is a better mentor, and fits the style of play at this point more than McCoy.  After all that yes saving 6 mil is the cherry on top.

4 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

I really disagree with this view about Allen.   I think it completely ignores how smart he is and what a team-oriented guy he is.   

It's completely obvious that he is dedicated to learning his craft as the Bills are teaching it to him.  He is disciplined, hard working and attentive.   He's a leader, and a leader knows that his play has to set the example.   

I also think the "hero-ball" narrative is the same as the "accuracy" narrative.   I think those things are a couple of things repeated so often by the press and fans that they've taken on a life of their own.   Where was "hero-ball" on display last season?   He made a couple of ill-advised throws?   EVERY QB makes some all-advised throws, even Brady.   Young QBs make more than veteran QBs.  

And the notion that it was somehow different for Montana, that he "earned" the right to make mistakes, is simply backward.   The way anybody learns how to do anything, and particularly the way QBs learn how to play QB, is to try things and make mistakes.  That's the only way you learn what you can do what you can't do.   If Allen never made that throw he made a couple of weeks ago, he'd never learn when he CAN make that throw and when he can't.   In his fourth season in the NFL, Joe Montana attempted 350 passes and threw 11 interceptions.   In his first season in the NFL, Josh Allen threw 320 passes and had 12 interceptions.    Young QBs make mistakes; Montana made his share of mistakes, too.  

3 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

With the cap space they have I dont see money being the deciding factor. Imo, they want to Singletary a larger role.  How would McCoy react to recieving at best a third of the reps.  The offense is more efficient with Gore vs McCoy.  Singletary, more explosive and fresher legs.  Gore is a better mentor, and fits the style of play at this point more than McCoy.  After all that yes saving 6 mil is the cherry on top.

I think this is exactly correct.  They saw Singletary as the future, they knew that Gore already was going to take touches from Shady and that Singletary would take more.   They knew Shady was okay sharing with Gore, but doubted he'd be okay with a full-blown rb by committee approach.   So they decided to bite the bullet, make the cut now, and, by the way, save $6 million.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

15 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

I really disagree with this view about Allen.   I think it completely ignores how smart he is and what a team-oriented guy he is.   

It's completely obvious that he is dedicated to learning his craft as the Bills are teaching it to him.  He is disciplined, hard working and attentive.   He's a leader, and a leader knows that his play has to set the example.   

I also think the "hero-ball" narrative is the same as the "accuracy" narrative.   I think those things are a couple of things repeated so often by the press and fans that they've taken on a life of their own.   Where was "hero-ball" on display last season?   He made a couple of ill-advised throws?   EVERY QB makes some all-advised throws, even Brady.   Young QBs make more than veteran QBs.  

And the notion that it was somehow different for Montana, that he "earned" the right to make mistakes, is simply backward.   The way anybody learns how to do anything, and particularly the way QBs learn how to play QB, is to try things and make mistakes.  That's the only way you learn what you can do what you can't do.   If Allen never made that throw he made a couple of weeks ago, he'd never learn when he CAN make that throw and when he can't.   In his fourth season in the NFL, Joe Montana attempted 350 passes and threw 11 interceptions.   In his first season in the NFL, Josh Allen threw 320 passes and had 12 interceptions.    Young QBs make mistakes; Montana made his share of mistakes, too.  

I think this is exactly correct.  They saw Singletary as the future, they knew that Gore already was going to take touches from Shady and that Singletary would take more.   They knew Shady was okay sharing with Gore, but doubted he'd be okay with a full-blown rb by committee approach.   So they decided to bite the bullet, make the cut now, and, by the way, save $6 million.  

All great points, and further cements the substantive optimism I have around this team and FO for the first time in a long time--even if they stumble out of the gate in NY by the way, I believe that the foundation here is getting very solid indeed, from the QB on down. I was surprised by the timing of the Shady move, but you've encapsulated the team mindset to where it makes perfect sense. My only reservation is from the aspect of team chemistry, I hope it's something the players get over quickly--I know Allen liked him a lot and Gore seemed shaken by the news as well. Time will tell. 

19 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

First two paragraphs, yes Josh is smart and hard working, never said or intimated he wasnt, great.    Doesn't mean a damn thing unless it translates in success in  live real time action.

The "accuracy narrative" (your pejorative use of narrative) is a borderline fact, throughout Allen;'s entire career, at any level, he has never completed more than 60% of his passes.  And I use the term "borderline' only because "accuracy " is subjective and impossible to prove as "fact". The hero-ball narrative, no I did not adopt that because of what i have read, i have seen him do it, watch his film at Wyoming.   He did it repeatedly.  Maybe these "narratives" exist because he earned them.

You and I will disagree with the Joe Montana comment. Yes I believe Montana "earned" he right to take chances in pre-season, Allen not even close.  You play like you practice.  Yes lets HOPE he learns from it, you make it sound like it is a good thing he made a mistake so he can learn from it.  I would prefer my second year quarterback not to make on off balance across the body pass to the middle of field trying to muscle it home but that is just me.

Dont get me wrong, I love Josh Allen, incredibly nice guy, smart hard working, team mates appear to respect him as a leader, has incredible physical tools.  Lets hope it all "clicks".  I think any objective observer would admit the jury is out on Allen.

Edited by RoyBatty is alive

1 minute ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

All great points, and further cements the substantive optimism I have around this team and FO for the first time in a long time--even if they stumble out of the gate in NY by the way, I believe that the foundation here is getting very solid indeed, from the QB on down. I was surprised by the timing of the Shady move, but you've encapsulated the team mindset to where it makes perfect sense. My only reservation is from the aspect of team chemistry, I hope it's something the players get over quickly--I know Allen liked him a lot and Gore seemed shaken by the news as well. Time will tell. 

I have a theory about your team chemistry concern.  I don't think team chemistry will be hurt by the Shady's departure.  Here's why:

McDermott doesn't miss anything.   As part of the continuous improvement concepts that are at the core of the process, he teaches his coaches and his players that there always will be competition and there always will be guys who lose their jobs because the best interests of the team dictate that their time is up.   Everyone understands that it's just part of the process, and the process is about getting better all the time.   I'm sure that McDermott spoke to the team about Shady and reminded them to view the Shady move in the context of the continuing improvement of the team.   He said it didn't mean any of them, coaches or players didn't like him or didn't appreciate him - it ju meant that the collective unanimous decision of the decision makers was that the move would tend to improve the team over the long term.   The players accept that message because it is completely consistent with the general message they're getting all the time - compete, do your job, support your teammates, get better. 

I think that the kind of environment he's created is one where the players have complete confidence in the process, because the players were chosen precisely because they believe in the process.   If they have confidence in the process, they trust the coaches and don't second guess them.   

So I don't think they will have a team chemistry problem.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

If they cant overcome the departure of Shady then there is something radically wrong with the coaches and organization.  yes they should be uspet .....for about half an hour and then get back to work.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

First two paragraphs, yes Josh is smart and hard working, never said or intimated he wasnt, great.    Doesn't mean a damn thing unless it translates in success in  live real time action.

The "accuracy narrative" (your pejorative use of narrative) is a borderline fact, throughout Allen;'s entire career, at any level, he has never completed more than 60% of his passes.  And I use the term "borderline' only because "accuracy " is subjective and impossible to prove as "fact". The hero-ball narrative, no I did not adopt that because of what i have read, i have seen him do it, watch his film at Wyoming.   He did it repeatedly.  Maybe these "narratives" exist because he earned them.

You and I will disagree with the Joe Montana comment. Yes I believe Montana "earned" he right to take chances in pre-season, Allen not even close.  You play like you practice.  Yes lets HOPE he learns from it, you make it sound like it is a good thing he made a mistake so he can learn from it.  I would prefer my second year quarterback not to make on off balance across the body pass to the middle of field trying to muscle it home but that is just me.

Dont get me wrong, I love Josh Allen, incredibly nice guy, smart hard working, team mates appear to respect him as a leader, has incredible physical tools.  Lets hope it all "clicks".  I think any objective observer would admit the jury is out on Allen.

The sticks and stones crowd going after Peterman would like a brief word with you...:D

7 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

If they cant overcome the departure of Shady then there is something radically wrong with the coaches and organization.  yes they should be uspet .....for about half an hour and then get back to work.

Even worst case I always assumed it would be a short-term sort of hangover, given the nature of the business and next man up mentality--but yes, your point along with OP's on this topic are well taken. 

1 hour ago, Shaw66 said:

As to your first point, I'll admit to being lazy and using a tired cliche to open my piece.   However, there is nothing wrong with using battle as a metaphor for football.  It's been done for decades.  Beyond that, it's a really good metaphor, because there is nothing in real life that more closely approximates war than football.   In fact, that's why a lot of people like watching it - it's a complex contest between two teams involving intense hand-to-hand combat, strategy and the acquisition of territory, which is exactly what war is.   It's a stylized war that my city can excited about when we play some other guy's city.  We can watch it but be spared the actual killing that goes on in war.   

The players prepare for games like they prepare for battle.  That's what "putting your game face" on is about.   It's about getting ready emotionally to defeat, within the rules, the guy across the line of scrimmage from you.  We have rules, like "no knives," so the battle happens but without the killing.  

George Carlin aptly pointed out that football uses the war jargon regularly.   The bomb, the blitz, contest in the trenches.  What's the highest compliment a player can give to a teammate?  Call him a "warrior."

Marv's quote was about what's important in life, and he was correct.  Football isn't important, and war is deadly serious.  But that doesn't mean that the metaphor doesn't work.  The metaphor captures the intensity of football very well.   

As for your second point, where is it written, in the Code of Conduct or elsewhere, that we can't discuss next year?  If you think Brandon Beane is not thinking about 2020 and 2021 EVERY DAY, you are sadly mistaken.   Building a football team is a multi-year process, and the process doesn't stop when this year's season begins.  And there ARE indications that next year's talent will be better than this year's talent.   One such indication is how young the team is today.   If there are no new players added to the roster, the team will be better next season simply because many of the current players will be better.   All the young guys have more to learn, and they will. Josh Allen, in particular, will be a better QB in 2020.  In addition, once again the Bills have more than their share of draft picks, and they are in very good salary cap situation, so they will be in position to acquire new players, some of whom will be more talented than the players on the current roster.   Is it possible that won't happen?   Sure, it's possible.  Is it likely?   Not very likely at all.  The Bills will have 53 players in 2020 who are, collectively, more talented than the 53 they have right now. 

The Bills don't "need" to win ten or more games.   They don't "need" to do anything, because this is football, not war.  If what you're suggesting is focusing on 2020 takes the focus away from 2019, well, sure, if I'm a coach or a player, my mind has to be 100% on today and this week, and any thought of 2020 is an unhelpful distraction.   But I'm a fan, and if my focus shifts from time to time to 2020, that has absolutely no impact on how the players and coaches perform this week.   

Ten wins or more may be some marker that you think is important, and maybe you think that some consequences should befall McDermott or Beane if the team fails to reach that threshold, but that's your marker, not theirs.   However, nothing McDermott, Beane or the Pegulas have said suggests in any way that the Pegulas have set the 2019 bar at 10 wins.   I fully expect that the Pegulas will view 8 or 9 wins as a positive season, assuming they're seeing the right kind of growth and improvement.   

With all due respect, I'm guessing you've never seen a real two-way live fire.  That being the case, using military terminology is more like hyperbole to get clicks than anything else. 

In terms of expectations, I really don't know what to say to the results-optional crowd at this point.  I don't understand why people aren't willing to have big expectations for a team that's been in rebuild mode for 3 off-seasons.  If Buffalo is a 7 to 9 win team this season, how does anyone reconcile this when several NFL franchises have gone from starting a rebuild to going deep into the playoffs in 2-3 seasons?  The only answer is the strategy was too heavy a lift and removing talent to meet the HC's needs was a net loss. 

They should be expected to win 10 or more games this deep into the rebuild.  Only certain fans are demanding less results.  I'm sure ownership, GM, HC, players, assistants, and all the way down to the kid who gets the tee after the opening kickoff are expecting playoffs. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

LOL, good one. I just don't understand why Bills fans continue to be obsessed with Peterman, weird.  This off season there have provably been 10 threads about Peterman.

Because most feel that he should've been run out of the league already, and any sign that he may actually have a redeeming quality or two, that Gruden is taking the time to unearth, sparks a visceral emotional response--like it would be the ultimate Billsy thing to happen to us, that he actually makes it in the NFL. Of course, at least 8 more weeks to ponder that given the IR stash the Raiders pulled for him. 

4 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Because most feel that he should've been run out of the league already, and any sign that he may actually have a redeeming quality or two, that Gruden is taking the time to unearth, sparks a visceral emotional response--like it would be the ultimate Billsy thing to happen to us, that he actually makes it in the NFL. Of course, at least 8 more weeks to ponder that given the IR stash the Raiders pulled for him. 

Oh they snuck him on IR did they.  As far as the Bills getting rid of Peterman, they had no choice, for the sake of both the team and himself he had to leave, the waters were polluted. I for one hope he succeeds, he is a "good guy" and I believe in redemption.

• Like (+1) 2