Your Predictions for Opening Day! (&Peterman looks like he has a job. :D)

NFL odds, picks, predictions for Week 1: Advanced computer model loving Browns, Jets

SportsLine's computer model simulated every Week 1 NFL game 10,000 times with surprising results.

Another one of the Week 1 NFL picks from the model: the Jets (-3) cover against the Bills in a 1 p.m. ET AFC East matchup on Sunday.

This matchup features the highly-anticipated debut of new Jets running back Le'Veon Bell, who sat out the entire 2018 season in Pittsburgh due to a contract dispute. He signed with the Jets in the offseason and is expected to help energize a promising young offense being built around quarterback Sam Darnold. 

SportsLine's model is calling for 80 yards of total offense from Bell, while Darnold spreads the ball around and ends up with over 200 yards passing. The Jets cover in well over 50 percent of simulations, while the over (39.5) is also a strong play because that hits 60 percent of the time.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-odds-picks-predictions-for-week-1-advanced-computer-model-loving-browns-jets/

going to be a hard fought close game. divisional games usually are but both teams are going to be pumped up for this one. even with the jets having players out, they're still in their (well, a rented out field in jersey) house.

this one comes down to the better defense and who wins the turnover battle.

can not predict a win or loss at this point, low scoring, like a 13-10 type of game.

19 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

Peterman throws 2 TD's.  To what team is TBD.  

I think it’s more likely that he accidentally hands the clipboard to one of the Broncos’ inactive CBs 2-3 times while standing on the wrong sideline. 

11 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

So there you are!  Showing up this time on Friday.

Peterman must be the Football Coach equivalent of Catnip in the QB room.  He's got something the coaches just can't keep away from,  or easily let go.

I dunno about leverage and flexibility, but I do know that throwing ability has to do with power, which is a function of strength plus speed. 

That's why a strength training program doesn't necessarily help a QB's throwing ability.

Yep. Here I am!

Watched some of Nate this preseason. I pretty much thought I saw exactly the same guy. He can't make enuf of the throws he needs to make to stop a starting D from taking away the throws he can make and shutting his game down completely. And it's not just the out. Translates into a ticking time bomb. He's a young guy. I have no idea if he can improve. Odds are probably that he cannot but I'll certainly be watching with interest.