Your Predictions for Opening Day! (&Peterman looks like he has a job. :D)

Bills 20

Jets 24

Allen- 19 of 35 for 229 yds, 2 td, 2 int

Beasley- 7 rec for 63 yds, td

Brown- 5 rec for 85 yds, td

Jones- 2 for 39 yds

Shady- 12 rushes for 38 yds

Gore- 9 rushes for 42 yds

Edited by JaCrispy

1 hour ago, Seoulful Soul said:

If your predicting sound like you're crapping all over the team on a website designed to support the team, then no, I wouldn't send those emojis.  I would tell you that the Patriots supporting website is that way.  --------------------------->

This thread was asking for opinions, not wishes. I personally think Allen will perform better than 12/21, but since when did honest predictions become bashing the team?

11 hours ago, StHustle said:

Peterman went the whole preseason with no picks.He has outplayed Glennon and deserves the backup spot. I for one believe a player can learn from past mistakes. Im certain he has studied a ton of film and has consulted people at the top of the profession about what he needs to do better. I laugh at the guy like the rest of us but I'm also rooting for him. I always root for the high character guys to be successful.

What if the issue is his arm not his brain? Can I learn to be an nfl qb?

10 hours ago, TheFunPolice said:

Peterman has huge arms for a guy known for poor arm strength 

I think that “arm strength” as measured by throwing power is more a function of leverage and flexibility - the amount of torque one can generate with the throwing motion - than arm muscle size. Larger muscles tend to limit flexibility, too. 

Randy Johnson didn’t have huge arms, but he did have long arms. 

So so I guess what I’m saying is that maybe length is better than girth?

13 hours ago, BadLandsMeanie said:

So, what are your predictions for opening day?

Score, running yards, passing yards, for and against. 

What do folks think?

https://heavy.com/sports/2019/08/raiders-seahawks-preseason-takeaways-nathan-peterman/

So there you are!  Showing up this time on Friday.

54 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Peterman must be the Football Coach equivalent of Catnip in the QB room.  He's got something the coaches just can't keep away from,  or easily let go.

16 minutes ago, Sig1Hunter said:

I think that “arm strength” as measured by throwing power is more a function of leverage and flexibility - the amount of torque one can generate with the throwing motion - than arm muscle size. Larger muscles tend to limit flexibility, too. 

Randy Johnson didn’t have huge arms, but he did have long arms. 

So so I guess what I’m saying is that maybe length is better than girth?

I dunno about leverage and flexibility, but I do know that throwing ability has to do with power, which is a function of strength plus speed. 

That's why a strength training program doesn't necessarily help a QB's throwing ability.

1 hour ago, NoSaint said:

What if the issue is his arm not his brain? Can I learn to be an nfl qb?

Pretty clear its his brain. How else is his decision making so much better in the preseason?

He cant make every throw but he clearly hasa good enough arm to be a solid backup in this league. 

2 hours ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

So if you don’t predict 300 yards and 5TDs you’re not a fan?

No, but if you predict the Bills stinking up the joint against a vastly inferior team, I do begin to question your commitment.

2 hours ago, LSHMEAB said:

This thread was asking for opinions, not wishes. I personally think Allen will perform better than 12/21, but since when did honest predictions become bashing the team?

Your predictions of his performance is very Tyrod Taylor-ish.

10 minutes ago, Seoulful Soul said:

No, but if you predict the Bills stinking up the joint against a vastly inferior team, I do begin to question your commitment.

Your predictions of his performance is very Tyrod Taylor-ish.

Twas not my prediction. I think it's gonna be a much tougher game than most think. There's a reason the Jets are a slight favorite. We're fairly evenly matched teams. The Jets have more high profile players, but I think we have the edge in several areas. All things considered, I kind of view it as Allen vs. Darnold. I'm hoping for the best, but certainly not penciling it in a a dub. 

Just noting that predictions are not a reflection of a person's dedication to the team. I know plenty of hopeless optimists who pay very little attention to the day to day goings on.

6 hours ago, StHustle said:

Pretty clear its his brain. How else is his decision making so much better in the preseason?

He cant make every throw but he clearly hasa good enough arm to be a solid backup in this league. 

Because the competition moves slower and the windows are much larger in preseason you don’t need the arm talent. You surely don’t think the physical competition is the same throwing against... anyone... in preseason as facing all pros in a pivotal moment? 

I mean, I guess you could argue that in key moments he could learn just not to throw any big league throws ever.

1 hour ago, Element115 said:

Hard to say, I think it depends on the Bills offensive game plan.  If they come out passing, then they have a chance at winning.  If they stubbornly game plan to establish the run, they lose.

Yea I think there is something in that. They need to establish the pass and have the run as their change up. I feel like short passing that singles up our backs and Beasley against their linebackers in space is the best match offensive matchup for the Bills. Yes they should test the corners too but start with the quick passing game, expose their weak linebacking corps, get the corners to cheat up and then throw over the top. When you have them a little gassed that is the time to come back with the run plays and let Shady and Gore test them out. 

21 hours ago, StHustle said:

Peterman went the whole preseason with no picks.He has outplayed Glennon and deserves the backup spot. I for one believe a player can learn from past mistakes. Im certain he has studied a ton of film and has consulted people at the top of the profession about what he needs to do better. I laugh at the guy like the rest of us but I'm also rooting for him. I always root for the high character guys to be successful.

No amount of learning will let him throw an out pattern he doesn't have the arm to throw in a real NFL Game...