*2023 UB Football Thread*

Buffalo716

4 hours ago, Solomon Grundy said:

I’m still mad he didn’t allow Jaret to get Barry Sanders record!!

Even Patterson isn't upset 

And it wasn't even a guarantee

14 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Yeah. Lance Leipold's UB team lost to FCS Albany in 2016. Mo's doin' better.  :lol:  FYI, UB played Wagner in 1997 and Wagner shut them out 20-0. So this was payback.

That UB roster was completely different in 2016 

This program would be in shambles if it wasn't for Leipold and MO inherited a stacked program built by him

4 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

Vantrease can’t throw the ball beyond ten yards. I don’t understand how you expect to win consistently with him as the starter. 

I mean it's not like it's a talented wide receiver group right now

Our fastest and maybe most talented receiver transfer to Kansas.. Ruiz is a former walk-on who's a starter... 

Johnson is a former quarterback turned wide receiver

Once Mac play comes ventrease will be far from the problem 

He's still going to be one of the better quarterbacks in the MAC

9 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

I mean it's not like it's a talented wide receiver group right now

Our fastest and maybe most talented receiver transfer to Kansas.. Ruiz is a former walk-on who's a starter... 

Johnson is a former quarterback turned wide receiver

Once Mac play comes ventrease will be far from the problem 

He's still going to be one of the better quarterbacks in the MAC

WR are fine. Vantrease is the issue. 

He will continue to be an issue into MAC play. He just ain’t good. Not sure why he gets opportunity after opportunity. One of the weakest arms out there and zero accuracy on any downfield throws. 

21 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

WR are fine. Vantrease is the issue. 

He will continue to be an issue into MAC play. He just ain’t good. Not sure why he gets opportunity after opportunity. One of the weakest arms out there and zero accuracy on any downfield throws. 

Everybody has their opinions but we will see

Vantrease is one of the better quarterbacks in the MAC  he will show it in conference play 

And this is the weakest wide receiver group at UB in the last 5 years 

And they obviously think he's better than Matt Myers and the like.. 

Let's See what he does against coastal Carolina

Edited by Buffalo716

How many unsportsmanlike/personal foul penalties today? Including one on the head coach? Personnel issues aside, UB looked like it has a discipline problem and if they don’t clean that up we can expect to see more self-sabotaging efforts like today. I can accept being outplayed by a superior opponent, but stupidity can’t be tolerated.

• Like (+1) 1

That was an awful game on Saturday.  I have nothing good to say about it...from the head coach and coordinators to the QB, on down.  

I'll try to give one positive, I thought the D-Line looked pretty stout.   They held their own for as long as they could.  The athletic QB killed em.

21 hours ago, zow2 said:

That was an awful game on Saturday.  I have nothing good to say about it...from the head coach and coordinators to the QB, on down.  

I'll try to give one positive, I thought the D-Line looked pretty stout.   They held their own for as long as they could.  The athletic QB killed em.

I think we saw the effect of Lance taking our best linemen with him.

I'm not optimistic about Coastal. But I do think 6 wins is achievable. We have 4 very bad teams on the schedule. FYI the Coastal game is on ESPN 2 Saturday at noon.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I think we saw the effect of Lance taking our best linemen with him.

I'm not optimistic about Coastal. But I do think 6 wins is achievable. We have 4 very bad teams on the schedule. FYI the Coastal game is on ESPN 2 Saturday at noon.

With the lack of o lineman, I would much rather roll with a mobile QB.  Get creative with a running QB.

1 hour ago, Buffalo716 said:

It's still the best line in the MAC probably 

UB has the biggest offensive line pipeline in the conference

I feel like you are watching different games than me.  The line has not been good.  You do realize Toledo, Miami (OH), and N Illinois,  are in the MAC, all teams that have performed well so far.  I think UB is really going to struggle.

18 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

I feel like you are watching different games than me.  The line has not been good.  You do realize Toledo, Miami (OH), and N Illinois,  are in the MAC, all teams that have performed well so far.  I think UB is really going to struggle.

I do know those are Mac schools lol you can't judge until MAC play starts

UB has had the best line in the Mac for the last three four years... We have a pipeline that's deep

We lost our best player on the line but we still have a lot of good ones.. I don't think it'd be shocking if by the end of the year our offensive line is still one of the best in the conference

I think changing coaching staffs and schemes so late will hurt the most 

I don't think it's a talent thing 

I think the coaching change is going to hurt in the short term 

And no it doesn't look like this team will be MAC champions, but conference play hasn't even started yet

Edited by Buffalo716

It's asking a lot for a coach who shows up 100 or so days before the season starts, who loses some of his best players to transfer, to just pick up where the team left off. 6 wins and a bowl bid is still within reach but give Coach Mo a season or two to get his recruits in place.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.