BillsFan4

Buffalo Sabres and NHL: 2019/20 Next game: Sat. Oct. 19th at 10:30pm

On 5/20/2019 at 9:19 AM, plenzmd1 said:

usually later int he spring i think...maybe like mid-June..prolly after the Cup is finished.

Pegulas know the value of a doubleheader, good chance they will home the Friday or Saturday before the Pats game.

I noticed the last few years more and more  Sabres regular season  home games on Bills weekends..think TPegs gives up other weekend games to make sure he has plenty of doubleheader weekends in the fall.

Let's hope it's Saturday as I can't get to town Friday. My Pats STHer boss is making the trip with me. Hope I can treat him to a Sabres game too. BTW, I just renewed my four seats today. The positive feelings over the Krueger hire got me off the fence.

• Like (+1) 3

13 hours ago, shrader said:

They'll be the first team to ever win 98 in a row but not win the Cup.  Don't ask me how that's possible.  They'll find a way.

Win the last 4 exhibition games in September.  Break Eichel & Hutton tripping over each other trying to avoid touching the Prince of Wales trophy.  Reinhart & Dahlin both catch staph infection from exhibit of relics from the '06 run.

Soooo Buffalo.

So it looks like we can close the book on the Kane deal, at least until draft future picks are made. It was Kane to San Jose for Montour, O’Reagan, and a conditional 2019 4th, which the Sharks can defer to a 2020 3rd. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 5/20/2019 at 11:11 PM, Marv's Neighbor said:

OOOH WAAH, Sabres on the Warpath!

For the last few years, I thought come April the cheer was ‘Sabres on the golf course’.

• Haha (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

For the last few years, I thought come April the cheer was ‘Sabres on the golf course’.

Are they any good at that?

4 hours ago, K-9 said:

So it looks like we can close the book on the Kane deal, at least until draft future picks are made. It was Kane to San Jose for Montour, O’Reagan, and a conditional 2019 4th, which the Sharks can defer to a 2020 3rd. 

Makes the Kane trade better and the ROR trade that much worse. lol 

6 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

Makes the Kane trade better and the ROR trade that much worse. lol 

Unfortunately, that's true. Unless Thompson becomes a solid top six player, which I doubt, or the 30th or 31st in the upcoming draft becomes one instead,  which I doubt even more, then we have absolutely nothing to show for the ROR trade. Nothing. I'm gonna go ahead and label it the worst trade in Buffalo pro sports history. At least until I comb the memory banks for something worse among the Bills, Sabres, or Braves. Right now, I can't remember one. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Unfortunately, that's true. Unless Thompson becomes a solid top six player, which I doubt, or the 30th or 31st in the upcoming draft becomes one instead,  which I doubt even more, then we have absolutely nothing to show for the ROR trade. Nothing. I'm gonna go ahead and label it the worst trade in Buffalo pro sports history. At least until I comb the memory banks for something worse among the Bills, Sabres, or Braves. Right now, I can't remember one. 

C'est la vie.   If my aunt had a **** she'd be my uncle....

8 minutes ago, Lurker said:

C'est la vie.   If my aunt had a **** she'd be my uncle....

Words do not do justice to the magnitude of these words; their sheer wisdom is beyond the grasp of mere mortals to comprehend. 

Then again, it all depends on how your aunt chooses to identify. 

5 hours ago, K-9 said:

Shouldnt we include Guhle as well as he was traded along with that pick?

3 minutes ago, May Day 10 said:

Guhle was a good prospect. On the other hand Pilut moved ahead of him as a defenseman prospect. When he is healthy will be on the roster with the Sabres. Montour is a good second pairing defenseman. When the tally is finalized this was a good deal for us.  

6 minutes ago, May Day 10 said:

I was only looking at the transaction with the Sharks. But yeah, I suppose one could add all the elements to include the Ducks.

it was more of a lament of the ROR trade. If the Sharks had won and Anaheim acquired the pick we got from the Blues instead, at least we could say we have Montour to show for that pick. But we don’t, making the trade with St. Louis even worse. 

we have no idea if Montour will be good or not.  Everyone was fist pumping about Scandella too and he is terrible.  Montour apparently is not a good player with the analytics/advanced stats crowd.  

I hope he pans out to an above average 2nd pairing D-man.  The decisions made by this team though give me little faith.  

Either way, I dislike the Kane and OReilly trades.  IMO, Kane should have been traded in the Summer or in the Fall when he got off to the hot start.  There were more buyers and it would have been proactive.  Instead they waited to the deadline and their hand was forced, while the Rangers got one over by dealing Nash earlier for a better return.

OReilly.  Yeah, that trade has been beaten to death and goes without saying.  No idea why the Sabres are continually in a mode to accept other teams' roster and cap garbage.

4 minutes ago, May Day 10 said:

we have no idea if Montour will be good or not.  Everyone was fist pumping about Scandella too and he is terrible.  Montour apparently is not a good player with the analytics/advanced stats crowd.  

I hope he pans out to an above average 2nd pairing D-man.  The decisions made by this team though give me little faith.  

Either way, I dislike the Kane and OReilly trades.  IMO, Kane should have been traded in the Summer or in the Fall when he got off to the hot start.  There were more buyers and it would have been proactive.  Instead they waited to the deadline and their hand was forced, while the Rangers got one over by dealing Nash earlier for a better return.

OReilly.  Yeah, that trade has been beaten to death and goes without saying.  No idea why the Sabres are continually in a mode to accept other teams' roster and cap garbage.

As it turned out, I don’t like either trade, either. But good or not, Montour is at least a tangible asset as a top four Dman. Which is at least something for Kane. And that’s better than the nothing we got for ROR to this point. 

I'm actually not too low on Thompson yet.  He has size and skill that cannot be learned.  I dont think he is a slam dunk, but Im not counting him out either.  

1 hour ago, K-9 said:

96790.jpg

• Like (+1) 1

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, May Day 10 said:

I'm actually not too low on Thompson yet.  He has size and skill that cannot be learned.  I dont think he is a slam dunk, but Im not counting him out either.  

Wish I shared your optimism about Thompson. And maybe Krueger can tap into his potential and draw it out. Size and skill is nice but not when that size isn’t strong enough and the skill isn’t consistent enough. But he’s young and still developing so there’s hope. 

Edited by K-9

27 minutes ago, Buffalophil1948 said:

Any news on resigning Skinner. Don't get much Sabres news out in Phoenix

No. According to Bitterill, Skinner was waiting to see who the coach was and he said now that the coach is hired he will be sitting down with Skinner agent in the next few weeks or so. 

3 hours ago, K-9 said:

Words do not do justice to the magnitude of these words; their sheer wisdom is beyond the grasp of mere mortals to comprehend. 

Then again, it all depends on how your aunt chooses to identify. 

“If you are depressed you are living in the past. 
If you are anxious you are living in the future. 
If you are at peace you are living in the present.”

― Lao Tzu

24 minutes ago, Lurker said:

“If you are depressed you are living in the past. 
If you are anxious you are living in the future. 
If you are at peace you are living in the present.”

― Lao Tzu

I'm totally at peace in the present. Even if that present is marred by current state of the Sabres trade of ROR. 

But thanks for your concern. 

Was it Tzu who also said, "If my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle?"

2 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

No. According to Bitterill, Skinner was waiting to see who the coach was and he said now that the coach is hired he will be sitting down with Skinner agent in the next few weeks or so. 

Thanx. Hope he can get it done

• Like (+1) 1

The below link is a WGR column written by Paul Hamilton on Rasmus Asplund. Either sometime next year or the following season I see him making the roster and being a third or fourth line center. The greater number of young players who make the roster the more cap room for free agent and traded for players. 

https://wgr550.radio.com/articles/news/sabres-asplund-thinks-hes-ready-live-his-nhl-dream

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, K-9 said:

Was it Tzu who also said, "If my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle?"

Yes it was.    Joe Tzu.      Distant cousin...

• Haha (+1) 1

9 hours ago, K-9 said:

None of that matters.  ROR was a gigantic piece of crap while he was here.  He got bombed and ran over a donut shop 4 seconds after he was given a huge contract.  He played uninspired hockey to be kind, then he whined publicly about losing passion for the game in some passive aggressive mind games.  At least have they balls to demand a trade.

The ROR the Sabres traded was a bum.  Maybe he has matured in St. Louis or maybe he just got what he wanted all along and his hissy fit paid off.  The Sabres fans deserved far far more than what he gave them and a bag of pucks would have been a good return for what he was while he was here.  I hope we never have another player like the one he was while here.

Also, I hope he helps the Blues beat the Bruins.