Buffalo Sabres and NHL: 2019/20: Sabres season officially over. Draft lottery June 26th

BillsFan4

2 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

So.... 

1 win in the entire month of November with 2 more games to go (both against the leafs in a back to back). 

That’s just beyond brutal.

It’s not even thanksgiving and im pretty much already mentally checked out on this season. Sick of being a Sabres fan.

Yep. Writing them off, just terrible.

Once again, The Sabres goaltender gets outplayed by the opponents goalie seemingly every single game.  They don’t score enough, they have defensive lapses and they need a #1 goalie to carry the weight and steal a game now and then.

im not mad though. I’ve been checked out mentally for 3 years. But still like to follow the team.

Just like last year, last place team except for one hot streak. Let’s not forget the tank team won like 8 of ten at one point in December that year , only difference was they were TRYING to lose. Good thing is looks like the Sabres won’t have that stretch of .500 hockey that kept them out of last place last year. Looks like we will have it firmly locked down by Christmas. I must say,

outside the win streak last year, the tank year was the most fun , and most I have been invested, in a Sabre season in the last 7 years or so. 

Bots has to face the music he overplayed his hand this summer and has painted himself into a box. This sums up what I have been saying all fall, Risto stinks, he costs this team points at an alarming rate, and somehow people see worth a young top 6 forward. I guess if Botts can find someone as dumb as he is, he might get back a 7-9 forward , but a 2nd and a middling prospect gets it done for me. Just get him and McCabe and their minutes off this team, bring up Pilut, and start playing Miller for Christ’s sake. What, we worried all the winning may stop? 

He may go down as possibly the worst GM in NHL history. Only person who may be happy bout all this losing is Housley.  We may have 3 last places finishes in a row, and what is ... 5 of 7? 

But it lets all remember , he has a plan to develop !!!!!

6 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

So.... 

1 win in the entire month of November with 2 more games to go (both against the leafs in a back to back). 

That’s just beyond brutal.

It’s not even thanksgiving and im pretty much already mentally checked out on this season. Sick of being a Sabres fan.

It’s amazing how far this organization has fallen. The Redskins of the NHL, people have stopped caring.  

Edited by plenzmd1
  • Like (+1) 1

The attached link is WGR's Paul Hamilton giving his summary of the game. 

https://wgr550.radio.com/articles/news/the-sabres-lose-in-overtime-to-the-floundering-flames

The below link is Krueger's post game comments. It's a five minute segment. 

https://wgr550.radio.com/media/audio-channel/11-27-ralph-krueger-post-game

Edited by JohnC

For all the "Risto is worth a Top 6 forward" folks, here is Burke on when he ran the Flames

We were thinking about making a trade for him in Calgary," Brian Burke, the former president of hockey operations for the Flames, said last week during a panel discussion in Toronto. "And we actually got several phone calls into this trade, and our analytics guy said, 'You guys are out of your minds.'"

Burke added, "Chris Snow is our analytics guy - he's a genius. He says don't do a deal, we don't do a deal. That's how much weight we give him. But that's where the eye test failed. The player looked better than he was."

So, if Ristolainen is nearly impossible to trade, which NHL defenseman might Botterill flip for a decent forward? Not Rasmus Dahlin (injured and a superstar talent) or Zach Bogosian (minimal value). Probably not Brandon Montour, Jake McCabe or Henri Jokiharju. Perhaps it'll be Colin Miller? Marco Scandella?

1 hour ago, plenzmd1 said:

For all the "Risto is worth a Top 6 forward" folks, here is Burke on when he ran the Flames

If you are not going to get a top 6 forward for Risto then keep him. The analytics on any player on a bad team (for the previous couple of years) is going to have skewed negative analytical numbers. As I have often said if you are not going to get comparable value back on any deal then don't make the deal. If I had to guess I would say that Scandella would be the most likely defenseman to be traded if one is made. In general, he has been playing fairly well, and I do like Miller. He has wheels. 

In this Toronto game and win I thought Ullmark was our first star. He kept us in the game especially with his glove saves on Nylander in the first period. It's apparent that he has moved ahead of Hutton as our #1 goalies.

Although Toronto clearly has more firepower the Sabres kept up with them all game long. In this game the Sabres were fortunate that the Toronto goalie wasn't very good. 

Ever since Vesey scored his first game he is looser and is playing well.

Olofsson can be a first or second line forward. He can shoot and is playing a more well rounded game.

Mittlestadt is slowly but steadily getting better. Anyone who is prematurely declaring him a failed first pick deserves a kick in the nuts for foolishness.

I thought Scandella played a good game.

Asplund is not a scorer but he is an active player. I like him a lot.

Jack is great. 

Even in the team's recent struggles from a won/lost standpoint this team has competed, and for the most part even against the very good teams has not been outclassed. 

To the alarmists who act as if their pants are on fire I say stay the course. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

WGR's Brayton Wilson gives his summary of the game with some clips.  

https://wgr550.radio.com/articles/news/sabres-hold-off-the-maple-leafs-6-4

The below link is a WGR Krueger post game comments. This is a 5 min. segment. 

https://wgr550.radio.com/media/audio-channel/11-29-ralph-krueger-post-game

Edited by JohnC
  • Like (+1) 1