Buffalo Sabres and NHL: 2019/20: Sabres season officially over. Draft lottery June 26th

BillsFan4

42 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

So, either ROUSTOleinan needs to go back to Finland or RISTOleenan needs to be traded. Too freaking confusing with both of them on the team. 

Another idea that's not going to happen just to make your life better:  Maybe you can get the Sabres to have a pretty Finnish girl to sit next to you during games to remind you which player is which. :flirt:

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, snafu said:

Another idea that's not going to happen just to make your life better:  Maybe you can get the Sabres to have a pretty Finnish girl to sit next to you during games to remind you which player is which. :flirt:

Let me simplify things for you. There is a big Risto and a small Risto. Trust your eyes. Hopefully, that will help you be less confused. :)

1 minute ago, JohnC said:

Let me simplify things for you. There is a big Risto and a small Risto. Trust your eyes. Hopefully, that will help you be less confused. :)

Perhaps they could wear numbers or other distinguishing markings on their uniforms to distinguish between them?

5 minutes ago, snafu said:

Perhaps they could wear numbers or other distinguishing markings on their uniforms to distinguish between them?

The people who have a legitimate complaint if both players are on the roster are the TV and Radio announcers. 

2 hours ago, snafu said:

Speaking of Finnish hockey fans sitting next to you...

Remember when the Sabres played a big playoff series agains the Capitals in the '90s?  

Esa Tikkanen was playing for Washington in those days, at the end of his career.

I was at a game in Buffalo, and Esa's entire Finnish family was sitting directly behind me.  I had great seats in the corner in like the 3rd row.  They were cheering for Esa in particular, the Caps, and speaking Finnish (mostly) the entire game.

What an unusual language to listen to.  

2 hours ago, JohnC said:

Hopefully Big Risto won't be around much longer; will solve this problem.

2 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

any word here folks?

Jeremy White on today's WGR show stated that he head the same rumor. As the Cmac tweet indicates the injury occurred in the Columbus game. There has been no official word from the team. 

The below link is a mailbag response to questions by Lance Lysowski of the Buffalo News. He talked about some of the players who are fighting for roster spots. The most interesting section for me related to our GM and the job he is doing. I agree with his positive assessment. I know that a lot of people don't agree that our GM has done a good job. 

https://buffalonews.com/2019/09/18/buffalo-sabres-ralph-krueger-victor-olofsson-tage-thompson-curtis-lazar-sam-reinhart-casey-mittelstadt-nhl-analysis-2019/?view=getnewpost

On 9/19/2019 at 11:38 PM, JohnC said:

The below link is a mailbag response to questions by Lance Lysowski of the Buffalo News. He talked about some of the players who are fighting for roster spots. The most interesting section for me related to our GM and the job he is doing. I agree with his positive assessment. I know that a lot of people don't agree that our GM has done a good job. 

https://buffalonews.com/2019/09/18/buffalo-sabres-ralph-krueger-victor-olofsson-tage-thompson-curtis-lazar-sam-reinhart-casey-mittelstadt-nhl-analysis-2019/?view=getnewpost

For some reason they will have patience for the Bills to be a good team but expect playoffs immediately for the Sabres

In the not too distant future Cozens is going to be our #2 center. The organization might keep him up for a short stint like they did with Reinhart but he will probably be sent to the juniors for further development. 

https://buffalonews.com/2019/09/20/buffalo-sabres-nhl-dylan-cozens-2/?view=getnewpost

https://wgr550.radio.com/articles/news/sabres-cozens-shines-toronto

Edited by JohnC
add link

4 minutes ago, Jrb1979 said:

I love the way they are being built. Its exciting but wish people in Buffalo would share the same passion as they do for the Bills. 

I don't blame anyone for being impatient. The mistakes of the past decision-makers not only didn't advance the team but set it back. I believe the Sabres will be improved this year but are at least a year away from being a playoff team. (Would love to be proven wrong.) Our GM is going to make sensible deals to improve the team such as the Skinner, Montour, Joki for Nylander etc. but he is not going to mortgage the future for short term gains.  

8 minutes ago, JohnC said:

I don't blame anyone for being impatient. The mistakes of the past decision-makers not only didn't advance the team but set it back. I believe the Sabres will be improved this year but are at least a year away from being a playoff team. (Would love to be proven wrong.) Our GM is going to make sensible deals to improve the team such as the Skinner, Montour, Joki for Nylander etc. but he is not going to mortgage the future for short term gains.  

I wish people would have the same passion for the Sabres as they do the Bills. You don't see many Sabres fans in other parts of the U.S.  like you do the Bills. I get it that most Americans don't like hockey. Its a shame cause it's an amazing sport. 

12 minutes ago, Jrb1979 said:

I wish people would have the same passion for the Sabres as they do the Bills. You don't see many Sabres fans in other parts of the U.S.  like you do the Bills. I get it that most Americans don't like hockey. Its a shame cause it's an amazing sport. 

It is unbelievable. Unfortunately, even with huge advances in technology it doesn’t play as well on TV as other sports do.

• Thank you (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Jrb1979 said:

I live in Atlanta. When I wear my goathead Sabres' sweater and get odd stares, I just nod my head and say, "yes, I'm a satanist."

• Haha (+1) 1