Today I learned...Part 3

2 hours ago, Canadian Bills Fan said:

Skimming the article, construction debris accounts for a large portion of the total.  I think Toronto’s building boom along the Gardiner Expressway could singularly account for this.  ?

2 hours ago, Canadian Bills Fan said:

Yup, that's why people do it and are willing to take the risk, film it and put it online Nd you can make money, if it's explicit you will more then likely make more then any fine.

Just look at the girl in Toronto who was filmed throwing the chair off the balcony onto the highway, she is in court now and will more then likely get a small fine/punishment, but will be known now. She was actually put in a Drake music video recently as a dancer until someone noticed and they fought to have her part removed.

Kids today are growing up knowing that they can make more money making dumb internet videos instead of getting actual jobs.

• Like (+1) 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

TIL that the ‘Gumbys’ in the Monty Python’s Flying Circus skits are called that due to the gum rubber Wellington boots the characters wear as part of their costumes.  Probably a good 49 years on from first seeing the characters and hearing their names.

1 hour ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

TIL that the ‘Gumbys’ in the Monty Python’s Flying Circus skits are called that due to the gum rubber Wellington boots the characters wear as part of their costumes.  Probably a good 49 years on from first seeing the characters and hearing their names.

Actually .....  they are called Wellies

My wife is Scottish.   So I know it all too well.  

14 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

Actually .....  they are called Wellies

My wife is Scottish.   So I know it all too well.  

I realize the boots are referred to as Wellies.  I was referring to the character name.  That is firmly established as ‘Gumby’.

• Like (+1) 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...