Pope John Paul II was given the last rites...

No it hasn't been reported on the left wing liberal media.  Therefore it must  not be true.  :o

292754[/snapback]

A couple of ideas, moving forward. What if at the time of registering for the selective service, you have to have a living will. What if before you get your drivers license, you have to have a living will. What if before you can vote you have to have a living will. What if before you can get married you have to have a living will. What if before you can get a divorce you have to have a living will. What if when you have children, you have to have a living will.

Terri has taught us all a lesson, God rest her soul.

Just some thoughts………..

Maybe not all good ones, but............

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have heard he has Buffalo relatives---and actually visited here when he was cardinal of Krakow..

Is this true???

292737[/snapback]

I heard that he's a big fan of Olof Pilar, and that he would call Olaf before every game.

CW

I have heard he has Buffalo relatives---and actually visited here when he was cardinal of Krakow..

Is this true???

292737[/snapback]

I'm not sure if he has/had relatives in WNY, I probably would have known since my father follows the Pope very closely.

He was here before he became Pope. My guess is because Buffalo is second to Chicago for the largest Polish population in America.

I'm not sure if he has/had relatives in WNY, I probably would have known since my father follows the Pope very closely.

He was here before he became Pope. My guess is because Buffalo is second to Chicago for the largest Polish population in America.

292806[/snapback]

There was a photo in the paper of him with Bishop Head, back when he was a Cardinal.

Looks like Vatican officials are stressing that the "Last Rites" were being performed in accordance with tradition, not necessarily as someone lays dying, but as they are seriously ill. Also saying that he is responding to treatment for the UTI. At least that's what the "leftist media" is saying. I don't know much about such matters.

He visited when he was a cardinal. I know he was at St. Casmir's in Kaisertown.

The other connection to Buffalo he has is that the woman who was also wounded when he was shot was from Buffalo.

He visited when he was a cardinal. I know he was at St. Casmir's in Kaisertown.

The other connection to Buffalo he has is that the woman who was also wounded when he was shot was from Buffalo.

292845[/snapback]

Thanx for the info Wacka..--He probably felt very much at home in Buffalo..

The last rites is really a misnomer. It is a ceremony to to pray for the very sick. This ceremony can be performed many times on the same person as needed. They have even re-named this ceremony to reflect this sentiment.

So don't have Pope John paul leaving us just yet.

Pope John Paul has been an amazing pope and has built far more bridges than alienating or isolating people.

God bless Pope John Paul.

What is rarely mentioned in history books is that he was a major player in bring down Communism in Europe, and most especially in Poland.

292687[/snapback]

Yes, you are absolutely right. I'm no student of history, but I would have to say that his actions in Poland were absolutely the beginning of the end of Communism. Many give Reagan credit for Communism's downfall, but the Pople was stirring that pot before Reagan could. For this we all owe him a debt of gratitude. I'm not a Catholic, but to me this Pope is truely someone special. May God ease his pain in his final days.....

I'm hardly the religious sort but I recently read a long article about his life. An astounding individual of immense intelligence, talent and kindness. The Catholic leadership couldn't have selected a better human being to be the head of their church.

This world was lucky to have him.

292574[/snapback]

Amazing how things can work when you put a Polish guy in power. :o

Everyone on this planet has a lot to answer for.

292912[/snapback]

Personal responsibility does not seem to be a favored opinion around here. It is always someone else fault, usually some organized religion or corporation with too much money that is causing all the problems. Don't you pay attention to the board and their views. :o

Personal responsibility does not seem to be a favored opinion around here.  It is always someone else fault, usually some organized religion or corporation with too much money that is causing all the problems.  Don't you pay attention to the board and their views.  :o

292947[/snapback]

It is always easier to find someone else to blame for our problems. "It can't possibly be my fault. It has to be someone else." :w00t:

Personal responsibility does not seem to be a favored opinion around here.  It is always someone else fault, usually some organized religion or corporation with too much money that is causing all the problems.  Don't you pay attention to the board and their views.  :o

292947[/snapback]

I think the board reflects society as a whole, but before I cause this thread to be moved to PPP, I'll let it go.

On a more topical note:

Not being Roman Catholic, I'm not as well-versed on JPII as some of you are. I may disagree with RC doctrine more often than not, but there is little doubt that when history looks back upon JPII's tenure as pontiff, he'll be highly regarded - as well he should be.

He's in my prayers.

I think the board reflects society as a whole, but before I cause this thread to be moved to PPP, I'll let it go.

On a more topical note:

Not being Roman Catholic, I'm not as well-versed on JPII as some of you are.  I may disagree with RC doctrine more often than not, but there is little doubt that when history looks back upon JPII's tenure as pontiff, he'll be highly regarded - as well he should be.

He's in my prayers.

292956[/snapback]

Aren't you Irish?

Are you Orange Irish?

God bless PJPII.

On an aside- isn't he listed in some prophecy as the last true pope? That the next will herald the fall of the Catholic Church or something like that? Seem to remember reading about that somewhere...

292964[/snapback]

National Inquirer?

National Inquirer?

292976[/snapback]

Uhhh no. But lo and behold what a google search can find. Apparently there are to be 2 more popes before the fall of the Catholic Church...

St Malachy prophecies

Synopsis

In 1139 St Malachy set out from Ireland on a harrowing pilgrimage to Rome. On sighting the Eternal City he fell to the ground and began murmuring cryptic Latin phrases, each signifying the future destiny of the Popes.

For four hundred years the manuscript was locked in the labyrinth of the Vatican. On its rediscovery in 1595 it was rejected by the Church authorities as fraudulent but the content of the prophecies remains remarkably and chillingly accurate: to this day 90 percent have come true.

In examining the context of St. Malachy’s life, his pilgrimages and his miracles John Hogue presents a fascinating account of the fates of the Popes and eight hundred years of Catholic prophecy; including those of contemporaries, St Hildegard von Bingen, Joachim de Fiore and the 16th-century Catholic seer, Nostradamus, whose vision of the papal succession closely resembles that of St Malachy.

In this first complete study of the prophecies in over a hundred years, Hogue brings his expertise to new revelations regarding the authenticity of the Latin mottoes. As the Roman Catholic Church continues to witness an eclipse in papal power this masterly work uncovers the truth about St Malachy’s prophecies and reveals their significance as an account of the papal progression which Vatican policy makers have found too threatening to acknowledge.

During the last persecution of the Holy Roman Church, there shall sit Peter of Rome, who shall feed the sheep amidst many great tribulations, and when these have passed, the City of the Seven Hills shall be utterly destroyed, and the awful Judge will judge the people

St. Malachy prophesied an end to the Roman Catholic Church and predicted the fates of the Popes until Judgment Day. After John Paul II dies only two Popes remain on the Doomsday List…will this forbidding prophetic coda of a Catholic Apocalypse Be fulfilled?

THE LAST POPE is currently published in nine languages and has sold over 50,000 copies. Since its first edition released in 1998, a number of Hogue's predictions have come true concerning how the current pope (third from the last in St. Malachy's doomsday list) would use the politics of apology to side-step confronting the specific historical crimes of the Roman Church during the Jubalee Year of 2000. If Hogue's speculation is correct John Paul II in his final days as pope will continue to plant seeds of division and controversy that will plague his next two successors and perhaps threaten the future existence of the Church of Rome as we have known it.