26 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/tylermonroe7/status/1117860871215013889

Shep is not a good newsman. He's a propagandist. 

What is it that you believe he did wrong in that clip?

2 hours ago, GG said:

Goodie, now he's an expert in firefighting again.

What could go wrong dumping tons of water onto a flaming structure several hundred years old. “Must act quickly.”*

*and stupidly

Ha can’t stop the idiotic from leaking out, even after a good couple of weeks for him. 

5 minutes ago, BeginnersMind said:

What could go wrong dumping tons of water onto a flaming structure several hundred years old. “Must act quickly.”*

*and stupidly

Ha can’t stop the idiotic from leaking out, even after a good couple of weeks for him. 

You ever been? There is more than Notre Dame in the area. What if that fire had spread? What if the building had collapsed spewing fire and hot debris?  While there is a fair amount of clear area around the building, there are bushes, shrubs, and buildings close, not to mention the cars (and why my last photos were not that great).  The news reports had police finally moving people away more than 30 minutes after the fire started.   

The early word was that there simply wasn't the correct equipment to reach the fire early enough to contain it, and then when the equipment moved in, it took quite some time to move into place. They did not move quickly enough (possibly unprepared?) to save Notre Dame. 

The issue with water from above was not necessarily the old building, but not knowing what current construction materials were on premises. Once that was known, yeah, water from above might have been helpful - providing it could have been dropped directly on the fire (not sure of wind, accuracy, etc).  There are  helicopters with bambi-buckets used in Europe. I am not certain of the logistics of using them in the Seine, and how accurately they could have deployed the water above the burning cathedral. 

Read this. It is interesting and informative.

3 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

You ever been? There is more than Notre Dame in the area. What if that fire had spread? What if the building had collapsed spewing fire and hot debris?  While there is a fair amount of clear area around the building, there are bushes, shrubs, and buildings close, not to mention the cars (and why my last photos were not that great).  The news reports had police finally moving people away more than 30 minutes after the fire started.   

The early word was that there simply wasn't the correct equipment to reach the fire early enough to contain it, and then when the equipment moved in, it took quite some time to move into place. They did not move quickly enough (possibly unprepared?) to save Notre Dame. 

The issue with water from above was not necessarily the old building, but not knowing what current construction materials were on premises. Once that was known, yeah, water from above might have been helpful - providing it could have been dropped directly on the fire (not sure of wind, accuracy, etc).  There are  helicopters with bambi-buckets used in Europe. I am not certain of the logistics of using them in the Seine, and how accurately they could have deployed the water above the burning cathedral. 

Read this. It is interesting and informative.

I have. 

And I have faith that the proper authorities didn’t need the Tweeter in Chief chiming in with his deep knowledge of firefighting. How about, “Our thoughts and prayers are with the people of Paris and the brave firefighters trying to save a cultural treasure.”

Just now, BeginnersMind said:

I have. 

And I have faith that the proper authorities didn’t need the Tweeter in Chief chiming in with his deep knowledge of firefighting. How about, “Our thoughts and prayers are with the people of Paris and the brave firefighters trying to save a cultural treasure.”

:lol:

Desperate to criticize, the BM is.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, BeginnersMind said:

What is it that you believe he did wrong in that clip?

*and stupidly

Right, like the French could even scramble and fill a plane in time. But an aerial dropping would have been the only way to at least partially contain the fire early on. The structure was too high for fire trucks and fire boats. Just hanging out there with fire hoses was completely ineffective. 

But don’t let me get in the way of your Trump bashing fun. 

I hope ole no one was injured or worse. 

6 minutes ago, BeginnersMind said:

I have. 

It must be really miserable going through life looking for stuff to complain about. SMH

Edited by Buffalo_Gal
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

It must be really miserable going through like looking for stuff to complain about. SMH

No. It’s quite easy actually. Just pick a quote and begin nit picking and then nag your way to a heightened state of self-importance and moral authority. 

3 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

It must be really miserable going through like looking for stuff to complain about. SMH

I find it tragic that this happened and our president can’t show compassion but instead chimes in with cheap sideline advice. I expect more from him. You don’t and that’s ok. 

4 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Because he's got nothing, and I mean nothing, else to offer. 

Why did you attack Shep Smith?

1 minute ago, BeginnersMind said:

I find it tragic that this happened and our president can’t show compassion but instead chimes in with cheap sideline advice. I expect more from him. You don’t and that’s ok. 

But when people offer thoughts and prayers for mass shootings?...