Bills showing interest in Memphis LB Curtis Akins

He profiles as a 7th rounder or UDFA, right? 

I have no problem with the Bills taking a swing on a guy like Atkins if that's the case. 

None of us has one tenth the football knowledge that the Bills scouts and front office has. How many Bills fans were advocating for Matt Milano two seasons ago?

21 minutes ago, peterpan said:

Maybe a special teams ace? 

If the acquired him, special teams would almost certainly be his primary focus initially.  He would presumably replace Julian Stanford or Deon Lacey on the roster.  If they can coach him up on defense, then perhaps he could be useful on defense.  His measurables suggest he could work at any linebacker spot.  He's big enough to play SAM or Mike, and fast enough to drop into coverage as a Will.  If he's got no football intelligence and instinct, however, none of that matters.

4 hours ago, brianthomas said:

Thanks for sharing this clip. Yeah i'm with ya on this one, PLEASE NO haha. Maybe it was just a bad game but his reads were wrong, he took wrong angles in pursuit & looked like he was coasting in pursuit, as if he didn't care at all if he tackled a runner or not. No sense of urgency or aggressiveness, no explosiveness & didn't appear to be strong at the point of attack. There was no attack, just a guy on the field going thru the motions. Watching that clip theres no reason whatsoever where I'd pick his name & say hey, i want to draft that guy.

I hope he enjoyed his free meal, but I hope thats the last one on us

I don't have a clue when it comes to evaluating tape on players but this was obvious even to me.

They likely see a player with some exceptional, unteachable intangibles, likely a 6th-UDFA, who they feel could have potential at the next level with the right coaching. (See Foster, Robert). I think it’s the common sense approach to take, load up on the guys with the intangibles you can’t teach and see how many can absorb good coaching and take their play to the next level, that’s how you find those late round gems. Especially when you already have most needs met, worst case scenario the player usually contributes in some capacity on ST.

Besides, everybody’s gotta eat.