Hail Storm

TSNBDSC

we had one a few years back that was so bad it closed an entire mall for a whole year due to roof damage. 

every car in the parking lot was bashed up and we saw hail damaged cars driving around for months because all of the dent removal shops were backed up.  fortunately no one got hurt, but it put a lot of people and businesses out of work.  we get some bad ones here in CO

YIKES! That was nasty! The house we are in now got hit by hail before our first mortgage payment. Insurance got us a brand new shingle roof before we ever made a single payment. Flip side? In Florida a tree fell on our tile roof. Insurance paid like $4k to replace just the small broken slope of the roof. We had to write a check for about $24k to replace the rest of the roof. Thank you State Farm. I thought we had actual insurance. We fought it, but the fine print in their policy favored them. Shocking! 

Sorry....did I get off track?  No, I’m not bitter....... much

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, TSNBDSC said:

We had one a couple years ago that if there were no trees on the west side of the house the damage to my home would have been major.  The cat was outside during that storm and fortunately she was not hurt even running from under the pickup to the house.  No, I did not call her out from under the pickup.  The noise against the metal box flipped her out.

We had one 2 years ago in February.  Every house on our side of our street, and a few across the street got new roofs.  These happen a lot in Kansas, Nebraska & Colorado but NOT in SE Virginia.  Just FYI, we were impressed with Travelers & USAA for the homeowners insurance.  Very organized and they even use drones to go up and take pictures of the roof.  The hail was almost 2' and it lasted for almost an hour, so very slow moving storm.

13 hours ago, Augie said:

We had to write a check for about $24k to replace the rest of the roof. Thank you State Farm. I thought we had actual insurance. We fought it, but the fine print in their policy favored them. Shocking!

‘And like a good neighbo(u)r...State Farm draws the drapes, and pretends they’re not home.’

• Haha (+1) 1

On 4/1/2019 at 3:07 PM, coloradobillsfan said:

we had one a few years back that was so bad it closed an entire mall for a whole year due to roof damage. 

every car in the parking lot was bashed up and we saw hail damaged cars driving around for months because all of the dent removal shops were backed up.  fortunately no one got hurt, but it put a lot of people and businesses out of work.  we get some bad ones here in CO

Unless of course you're in the dent removal business.  ?

21 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Unless of course you're in the dent removal business.  ?

Just stay ahead of the curve and you are golden. Change is the one constant in life.