SI.com: Why Antonio Brown's Trade to the Bills Fell Through

38 minutes ago, Nervous Guy said:

What?  Mr. Big Chest doesn't feel that way..."Brown said that he’s really only interested in playing for guaranteed money.

“If your squad out there wanna win, and your squad want a hungry wide receiver who’s the best in the whole world, someone hit my phone up,” Brown said. “Tell ’em I ain’t doing no un-guarantees.

I phrased it badly. I meant less money than he wants off a non-competitor. Not less than he is on now. He will want fewer extra dollars from Green Bay than Buffalo was my point. 

32 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I don't think they could negotiate with his agent until Pittsburgh okayed it. So they had to agree to a trade in principle first. 

I agree, but it would not be hard for the Bills to know in advance—just by reading the papers or Twitter—approximately what kind of money he is looking for.

Steelers mucked this up. They should have talked to mustache boy and his agent and formerly accepted their request for a trade. Then set ironclad parameters. No public comments from either until trade is approved and finalized. Steelers trade for best deal they can get and then brown decides what he wants to do with new team.

If that is not agreeable I tell mustache boy 's camp to go retire or play on current deal with Steelers.

Apparently the Bills agreed to a conditional pick next year which would have softened the loss if mustache boy refuses to report and new team would then have to trade him again.