Nick Boyle may have set the FA TE market

7 hours ago, Bills2ref said:

If Jesse James contract is 6m+ a year then just find a way to draft Hockenson, Fant or Irv Smith. 

I wouldn't be opposed to JJ at 6 mil.  I'd actually be happy to pay him that.  He is more than just a blocker.  Boyle's role is primarily a blocker and to me 6 mil per for just a guy that's a blocker is what's scary.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, NewEraBills said:

I wouldn't be opposed to JJ at 6 mil.  I'd actually be happy to pay him that.  He is more than just a blocker.  Boyle's role is primarily a blocker and to me 6 mil per for just a guy that's a blocker is what's scary.

I think James at 6 per would be a solid acquisition. Then draft one and hopefully be set at te for a few years.

45 minutes ago, Turk71 said:

I think James at 6 per would be a solid acquisition. Then draft one and hopefully be set at te for a few years.

If Boyle got 6, I can't see James settling for the same.

1 hour ago, Doc said:

If Boyle got 6, I can't see James settling for the same.

Probably not, not sure how many teams are interested though.  Maybe 7 million with 2 years guaranteed and team option for 2 more would do it. Not sure he is worth it but salaries do keep going up with the cap. Draft a high upside guy to go with him. Boyle got overpaid and he is one more ped offense from being out for a year i think, not sure if his contract sets the market or is just bad judgment by the Ravens.

It still amazes me that fans don’t grasp the concept that an increase in team cap =players averaging a higher salary. Free agents are about to get larger contracts and yet if you compare it to baseball, it’s still considerably lower. Why are people surprised?

10 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

Forget tight ends.  Bring back the Run & Shoot!  We'll have 4 WRs & 1 RB on the field at all times.  

Except in recent years, tight ends who can catch are the biggest mismatches on the field. I can throw a couple of corners on some receivers, who are you gonna put on a 6’6” tight end that can run fast? 

1 hour ago, Buffalo30 said:

Except in recent years, tight ends who can catch are the biggest mismatches on the field. I can throw a couple of corners on some receivers, who are you gonna put on a 6’6” tight end that can run fast? 

I should've made the *sarcasm* declaration with my post as I was just kidding.

16 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

This is a good example of why our expectations for this off-season need to be tempered. There is so much cap room collectively. Teams can spend stupid money to get even marginal players.  

I would be ok with "overspending" or setting the market for Paradis.

For other positions, they will have to try and find some value. Bringing back Miller on a reasonable contract could be an option.

TE is going to have to be through the draft. They need to trade out of the #9 spot and get another day 2 pick.

Agree! The line is a bigger priority than TE