Wall Of Fame Nominees?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Moulds is the only player, thus far, who could be seriously considered for that honor. By the time his days in Buffalo are over, he will hold some pretty impressive statistical rankings for the team, and by most accounts, has been a stand-up, team guy. The only thing consistant in an overall mediocre era of Bills football.

Ruben Brown, if he hadn't left on bad terms, perhaps. Just remember though, Lou Saban left on bad terms, and he still isn't up there, despite leading the team to its' only two leauge championships...

I would have to say that Moulds is a lock as well as Van. Rusty deserves to be up there. Phat is iffy, Rueben if the team forgives him for his final season here. Christie deserves a mention. In a few years, we could be talking about Fletcher, Spikes, Clements, MacGahee, Evans, etc...

I agree with BillsNYC that Christie is a possibility. I didn't see any kickers pre-Norwood, but I've seen the ones post-Christie. He was clutch and before they switched KO tees, he wasn't bad on touchbacks. If he had played in a dome, who knows what his stats would have been like?

Has the franchise ever had a better kicker? How good was Gogolak?

Are we talking about GOOD players or SPECIAL players? If Good players, then I think Moulds is a lock as of now, along with many others. But I look at the names already enlisted on the wall and I see players who have changed the face of the Bills organization in one way or another.

This leads me to believe that the Wall is only looking for special players, and I don't think Moulds qualifies yet. He hasn't done anything special, only has been good.

I think Van Miller is a sure bet because he's the voice of the Bills, and my future predictions are Spikes and Clements, both will be known as special players.

Personally I'd like to forget most of the past 10 years of Bills football.  I don't see any players from that era as Wall worthy.  Including Moulds.

291325[/snapback]

I have to agree with you on that. Moulds is the best of the bunch, but he is not good enough for Wall status. Maybe it will change by the end of his career, but right now he is not worthy.

Moulds is the only player, thus far, who could be seriously considered for that honor. By the time his days in Buffalo are over, he will hold some pretty impressive statistical rankings for the team, and by most accounts, has been a stand-up, team guy.  The only thing consistant in an overall mediocre era of Bills football.

Ruben Brown, if he hadn't left on bad terms, perhaps.  Just remember though, Lou Saban left on bad terms, and he still isn't up there, despite leading the team to its' only two leauge championships...

290999[/snapback]

Lou Saban should have been one of the first people on there !

Phil Hansen played most of his career during those years. I am not sure whether he would qualify, though. Steve Christie kind of fits in that category too...

Another might be Bryce Paup. I think he played three years here...

Reuben Brown, Eric Moulds, Ted Washington? Slim Pickens.

290538[/snapback]

Ted Washington and Eric Moulds. Clements could reach this status if we resign him

Guys that could have if not for injuries- Bryce Paup, Chris Speilman, Damien Covington.

I liked the Hanson suggestion. Also, I think Flutie needs to be there. Maybe giving him to much credit, but what would have happened that year if RJ starts the whole year and we finish 6-10 and out of the playoffs. No renovation to the Ralph, no lease agreement, maybe no Bills.