Music to my ears...McD on offense

eball

On 3/1/2019 at 11:14 AM, Straight Hucklebuck said:

When your franchise doesn't have a Playoff win since 1995 there is next to nothing positive to push. 

What is sad are the fans that continue to lower the bar. 

I want the Bills to win too. But how many "free passes" does this organization get before some results are expected? I don't want to hear 6-10, but that they were "competitive" or that the team is "young". 

Luckily for all of us, there are no excuses this year. 

You’re not a fan though. You literally said you can’t stand buffalo sports organizations and their fans. The fact you come on here and get upset is kinda sad. 

And this fans lowering the bar commentary is nonsense.  We all want to go to the playoffs and win a Super Bowl. Just because most of us live healthy lives and don’t needlessly cry on a message board, doesn’t mean that anyone is lowering the bar. 

Edited by teef
  • Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, teef said:

You’re not a fan though. You literally said you can’t stand buffalo sports organizations and their fans. The fact you come on here and get upset is kinda sad. 

And this fans lowering the bar commentary is nonsense.  We all want to go to the playoffs and win a Super Bowl. Just because most of us live healthy lives and don’t needlessly cry on a message board, doesn’t mean that anyone is lowering the bar. 

Bingo

• Like (+1) 1

On 2/28/2019 at 7:28 PM, oldmanfan said:

No they don't want talent.  They want to win without talent.  That's why they drafted guys like Allen and Edmunds, because they felt they had no talent.

Why do you hate the Buffalo Bills?

They made the playoffs two years ago.  They realized to take the next step they had to get a better QB and drafted him.  They knew they had to clear cap space to get better guys and did so.  That was last year.   This is this year.

Why do you hate the Buffalo Bills, and why continue to comment on a team you hate?

On 3/1/2019 at 9:37 AM, Straight Hucklebuck said:

That's the quote Joe B had in his blog: 

https://www.wkbw.com/sports/bills/joe-b-5-takeaways-from-buffalo-bills-hc-sean-mcdermott-at-the-nfl-combine

Anyway you dice it, I think the criticism is fair. 

21 points is a low bar, and 21 points ain't going to cut it against Playoff teams. 

A threat to score 21 a game is like an NBA team saying they are a threat to score 95 a game. 

Most ridiculous post ever!

On 2/28/2019 at 6:36 AM, eball said:

From the combine:

“I know my background was defense, but I’m not a defensive coach who wants to win 9-7 every week,” he said. “I don’t think that’s a healthy way to become a legitimate contender and sustain success. We want to be able to score 21 points, at least, every game. You’re doing yourself a disservice if you’re not building your roster and your team to give yourself a legitimate chance to score 21 points. We used to set goals like holding a team under 17 (per game). How many teams do that anymore? Maybe one team per year. You have to be able to score points in this league.”

This should put to rest any of the comments I've read on this board that McD doesn't "understand" today's NFL or doesn't get it.

Wish he said 35 points :D

we need to score at least 21 points every game AND hold the other team to at most 20 points every game. Ya do that bare minimum on offense and allow that maximum on defense ya gonna go 19-0.

Sounds like McDermott gets it. Score points, and don't allow points... aka "the modern NFL" philosophy. Adapt or die.