Robert Kraft charged in prostitution ring bust ( Update: Kraft legal team accused of lying in court)

YoloinOhio

11 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

No you didn't.

I was quoting you. 

Yeah and this investigation was over from the start.  The only thing left is to argue over a technicality.  But again that didn’t cause him to commit the crime. 

But as I’ve said, I’m more than fine with him escaping charges as long as the video is made public. But he can’t have both the video kept hidden and be free of charges. 

Just now, Doc said:

Yeah and this investigation was over from the start.  The only thing left is to argue over a technicality.  But again that didn’t cause him to commit the crime. 

The "human trafficking" investigation was over from the start---because the cops knew right away that there was none going on at that place.  So they waited a few months to rack up a couple hundred solicitation busts.  Zero convictions so far with deals on the table.....and they are getting sued over their botches video taping.

"if you get into legal trouble you shouldn't talk to the police or admit guilt and should fight the charges any way you can"

So "fighting the charges any way you can" is the same as "using the oldest trick in the book is a charade and a waste of time"?

On 5/4/2019 at 10:35 PM, ricko1112 said:

Kraft is a humanitarian and philanthropist. He's given more than $500M to charities. 

Or, he's an uber-rich a-hole who knows how to limit his tax liability.

Probably somewhere in the middle.

Edited by eball
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

The "human trafficking" investigation was over from the start---because the cops knew right away that there was none going on at that place.  So they waited a few months to rack up a couple hundred solicitation busts.  Zero convictions so far with deals on the table.....and they are getting sued over their botches video taping.

"if you get into legal trouble you shouldn't talk to the police or admit guilt and should fight the charges any way you can"

So "fighting the charges any way you can" is the same as "using the oldest trick in the book is a charade and a waste of time"?

In most cases you don’t have clear-cut evidence like this.  So in those cases you don’t admit guilt to the worst charge right off the bat and/or help law-enforcement make their case against you.  

And I’ve never once said that if you commit a crime, you shouldn’t be punished at all.   We both admit that Bobby committed a crime. But if they throw out the video, there’s a good chance he’ll escape charges. And you’re OK with that? 

30 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

11 minutes ago, Doc said:

In most cases you don’t have clear-cut evidence like this.  So in those cases you don’t admit guilt to the worst charge right off the bat and/or help law-enforcement make their case against you.  

And I’ve never once said that if you commit a crime, you shouldn’t be punished at all.   We both admit that Bobby committed a crime. But if they throw out the video, there’s a good chance he’ll escape charges. And you’re OK with that? 

How long have you two been married, anyway?

• Haha (+1) 2

45 minutes ago, Doc said:

But as I’ve said, I’m more than fine with him escaping charges as long as the video is made public. But he can’t have both the video kept hidden and be free of charges. 

Oh he might very well be able to, absolutely.  I still think at some point the video is leaked but I give Kraft 80% probability he is not convicted,  70% video is legally not made public.  There is no need for, no public good accomplished releasing that video.  

3 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Oh he might very well be able to, absolutely.  I still think at some point the video is leaked but I give Kraft 80% probability he is not convicted,  70% video is legally not made public.  There is no need for, no public good accomplished releasing that video.  

I meant he can’t expect to have it both ways. As for the video being released, why not?  It’s entertainment (for some). 

4 minutes ago, Doc said:

I meant he can’t expect to have it both ways. As for the video being released, why not?  It’s entertainment (for some). 

I am highly certain Kraft's legal team, which probably has 100X the budget of the local DA, has "informed" the DA that if Kraft gets off and that video is made public Kraft's lawyers will charge them with the invasion of privacy, violating his civil liberties and whatever else they can throw at them.

40 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

I am highly certain Kraft's legal team, which probably has 100X the budget of the local DA, has "informed" the DA that if Kraft gets off and that video is made public Kraft's lawyers will charge them with the invasion of privacy, violating his civil liberties and whatever else they can throw at them.

Unless they can prove he leaked it, I'm not sure what recourse they have.

Other than Kraft's embarrassment, what would be gained by releasing the video?

And if Kraft's embarrassment is the only goal, that's shameful and borderline pathetic, IMO.

5 minutes ago, Gugny said:

And if Kraft's embarrassment is the only goal, that's shameful and borderline pathetic, IMO.

You do know of the clown world we live in these days right?

This is 2019-Kraft's lawyers should allege that the Chinese woman is a transgender who self identifies as a man (or a cat) and thus all criticism of Mr. Kraft is technically a Hate Crime.

22 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Being forced to sell the team    :thumbsup: 

20 minutes ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

Where da ho's at??

I think Brady is in camp