$5 beers and $2 hot dogs: Will Fan Friendly Pricing catch on?

QCity

1 hour ago, Augie said:

P.S. - The Masters has all the money in the world, so they don’t need to get rich off of us. The money we have is just the money they let us hold onto, however briefly. But walking those hills can build up an appetite. If you haven’t been there, TV does not fully capture the terrain. It really is something to see and behold! (Now, I’ll flip back to Pebble Beach.....no slouch there either!) 

The Bills don’t have all the money in six worlds?

6 minutes ago, row_33 said:

The Bills don’t have all the money in six worlds?

The Bills are a single entity with a single focus on one business operation amongst 31 other competitors, all vying for the same $$$ and encouraged to make as much as possible to “belong in the club” and share with partners. The NFL IS about making money.  The Masters is a bunch of guys, most with Pegula style riches, who have this as a sideline. They are not competing with the rest of the PGA. That’s my view, at least. 

5 hours ago, Augie said:

The Bills are a single entity with a single focus on one business operation amongst 31 other competitors, all vying for the same $$$ and encouraged to make as much as possible to “belong in the club” and share with partners. The NFL IS about making money.  The Masters is a bunch of guys, most with Pegula style riches, who have this as a sideline. They are not competing with the rest of the PGA. That’s my view, at least. 

So you like the Bills and everything they do is righteous to you, and you don't like the Masters so what they do is wrongzzz

6 hours ago, Misterbluesky said:

112 or so I nailed a pretty good pulled pork mobile stand..I was in101 then,easy walk..9 seats.It was so good..I would go in the 4th qtr so I could take a few home.

I wonder if that vendor still exists..I'm thinking Kentucky Greg?

How much for that 50¢ worth of a sandwich. Probably could feed a dozen in the parking lot on what it cost.

???

Food and drink prices at sporting events are pretty ridiculous. I went TD Garden yesterday and saw my first Bruins game ever. The beers were 12.50? It was a 1 o’clock start so I settled for a 5 dollar soda, the kick in the balls is when they flip over the screen and it says tip 12, 15, 20, 25 percent. For handing me a coke? Blow a goat.

We ate afterwards but we wouldn’t have been opposed to getting a few things there but I don’t like the feeling of being screwed. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/9/2019 at 5:00 AM, QCity said:

Since demolishing the Georgia Dome and opening their state-of-the-art Mercedes-Benz stadium right next door, the NFL’s Atlanta Falcons have re-written the rules when it comes to concession sales.

going cashless & lowering concession prices.

Edited by Cripple Creek

I have season tickets for UH Baseball. Friday nights are $1 popcorn, $2 dogs, $3 pop, $4 beer. These nights, I eat at the ballpark. The other nights are so expensive, that it just means that I eat dinner at home before the game ( or grab something on the way), and bring in my own snacks. 

However, you can bring your own cup into the game to fill with water. So first game of the year I buy two large souvenir size cups. One for me, one for my wife. Then after the game, I collect the "Free Refill" stickers, and I don't pay for any more pop all season.

7 minutes ago, SDS said:

It seems to me a budget menu would ease a lot of pain. Offer better quality items for higher price points, but have hot dogs, soda and maybe one budget beer for the cost conscious.

$1.50 for a hotdog is a price nobody can quibble with.  I like the approach.

Just now, Cripple Creek said:

$1.50 for a hotdog is a price nobody can quibble with.  I like the approach.

Just go with $2 and don’t worry about the change. 

If you want pulled pork or a fancy hamburger - then do the $10 item. 

• Like (+1) 3

I asked a movie theater owner why concessions were so high. He's actually independent, and has the lowest prices in town. He said as far as profit goes, hes a concession stand that shows movies. Most of the ticket money goes directly to the movie studios. Not sure how that works for sports teams. I know minor league sports teams literally give tickets away just to get people inside the stadium just to spend their money on food and souvenirs.