SDNY Subpoenas Trump Inaugural Committee

Tiberius

https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/04/politics/sdny-subpoena-trump-inauguration-committee/index.html

well, when you elect a guy that ran the fraudulent Trump University, what do you expect? 

The wide-ranging subpoena from the Manhattan US attorney's office requires the committee to turn over documents related to virtually every donor or donation, attendee at a committee event, piece of paperwork related to the legal requirements attached to donations and even "the possibility of" donations made by foreign nationals.
It discloses that prosecutors are investigating a litany of potential crimes: conspiracy against the US, false statements, mail fraud, wire fraud, money laundering, inaugural committee disclosure violations, and violations of laws prohibiting contributions by foreign nations and contributions in the name of another person, also known as straw donors.

1 hour ago, Cinga said:

AKA I'd tell them what to suck on... You CANNOT just subpoena for the F*** of it. You HAVE to have a warrant that states persons places and things to be searched.

AKA, here's a fish....  

Well, since Rick Gates has already pleaded guilty, was on the inaugural committee and has been cooperating with FBI, I imagine they know exactly what they are looking for 

Suck it!! Ha! 

6 hours ago, Cinga said:

AKA I'd tell them what to suck on... You CANNOT just subpoena for the F*** of it. You HAVE to have a warrant that states persons places and things to be searched.

AKA, here's a fish....  

It's a common legal practice for plaintiffs/prosecutions to ask courts to issue citations for enormous sums of information against defendents.  Media overplays it.  Standard pressure tactic. 

25 months of nothing found leads to this level?

i'm kinda shocked, i can't believe even the most drooling useless investigator wouldn't find SOMETHING on Trump after merely 6 weeks of prying into his dealings.....

25 minutes ago, row_33 said:

i'm kinda shocked, i can't believe even the most drooling useless investigator wouldn't find SOMETHING on Trump after merely 6 weeks of prying into his dealings.....

What makes you think they haven't found lots of things? Finding a ton of misdeeds would explain the length of the investigation 

1 hour ago, row_33 said:

Especially when the SC has come out and stated that Trump is not a target n their investigation.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Tiberius said:

What makes you think they haven't found lots of things? Finding a ton of misdeeds would explain the length of the investigation 

They would have leaked it out in nanoseconds if they had anything worthwhile.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Oh link please 

It's been covered. At length. 

http://online.wsj.com/public/resources/documents/2015_0126_spyring2.pdf

Matt Vespa

Another question raised by these documents concerns why Comey’s FBI would have considered Page to unquestionably be a Russian agent: If Page cooperated with the FBI in 2013 and provided them information that ultimately aided the DOJ’s successful prosecution of a third Russian spy who had worked with Sporyshev and Podobnyy (Evgeny Buryakov), why would Russian intelligence have trusted Page enough to hire him as an asset in a major intel operation directed against the U.S. government and one of its major political parties? Wouldn't Russian intelligence have put out a notice to avoid Page as an unreliable and potentially dangerous contact?

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/chrisreeves/2018/02/05/doj-documents-show-carter-page-helped-fbi-catch-russian-spies-n2444651

11 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

It's been covered. At length. 

http://online.wsj.com/public/resources/documents/2015_0126_spyring2.pdf

Matt Vespa

Another question raised by these documents concerns why Comey’s FBI would have considered Page to unquestionably be a Russian agent: If Page cooperated with the FBI in 2013 and provided them information that ultimately aided the DOJ’s successful prosecution of a third Russian spy who had worked with Sporyshev and Podobnyy (Evgeny Buryakov), why would Russian intelligence have trusted Page enough to hire him as an asset in a major intel operation directed against the U.S. government and one of its major political parties? Wouldn't Russian intelligence have put out a notice to avoid Page as an unreliable and potentially dangerous contact?

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/chrisreeves/2018/02/05/doj-documents-show-carter-page-helped-fbi-catch-russian-spies-n2444651

Oh, ok. Then to answer your questions, yes, it could mean that and he had to answer questions by the FBI. That doesn't mean he was working for the FBI anymore than Matt Whittaker is working for justice at the DOJ 

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

Oh, ok. Then to answer your questions, yes, it could mean that and he had to answer questions by the FBI. That doesn't mean he was working for the FBI anymore than Matt Whittaker is working for justice at the DOJ 

Read the Buryakov indictment and you'll see this is incorrect. He didn't "answer questions" from the FBI, Page assisted in running a sting operation to nab three high ranking Russian spies who were later convicted in 2015 largely due to Page's assistance. 

That leaves us with two rather big questions about Page: 

1) Why would SVR/GRU or anyone associated with Russian intelligence use Page starting in 2015 to be the middle man for this super-top-secret-extra-secret plot to work with Trump to tilt the election? Wouldn't the Russians be suspicious of Page's motives, considering he just burned three of their top US assets? 

2) Page had a Title 1 FISA against him, which can only be used against Americans who are not only proven agents of a foreign actor, but also actively working to harm the US. Yet, to this day, he remains a free man. Never charged or indicted. Never arrested. A free man. How can that be?

Answering both of those questions honestly will show you how badly you've been lied to, misled, and used by people with a history of doing exactly that to the American public for their own selfish purposes. 

• Like (+1) 1