New York State abortion bill now allows babies, At any point of pregnancy, to be aborted

Beast

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/5/2020 at 9:43 AM, B-Man said:

I have been thinking about this in regards to wokers who say if they lived in South in 1835 they would have been opposed to it and not have been swayed by prevailing opinion of the times in which they were living.  Now the prevailing popular opinion among many is abortion is good which sways many people's opinion today.  What if  50 years after we're dead the opinion switches?  We will be viewed as bad as confederates Andrew Jackson etc

Without being able to predict the future this is the only big shift in opinion I can come up with that will make us look real bad.

13 hours ago, KD in CA said:

This is an incredibly stupid place for the GOP to hang its hat in an election year.....Abortion should be the last thing they talk about.

I don't think that the pro life stance will do anything more than somewhat solidify the base. It's certainly not going to change many minds. The Left had a winning issue when abortion was "safe legal and rare". They lost this issue when they actually celebrated ending the lives of babies that hadn't as of yet exited the womb even though they could almost read and write. 

• Like (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

I don't think that the pro life stance will do anything more than somewhat solidify the base. It's certainly not going to change many minds. The Left had a winning issue when abortion was "safe legal and rare". They lost this issue when they actually celebrated ending the lives of babies that hadn't as of yet exited the womb even though they could almost read and write. 

I think the 'solidify the base' approach is almost always a loser.  Nobody who really cares about pro-life is voting for Biden.  The people Trump needs to be concerned about about the swing voters in the swing state.  And most of those people don't like to be lectured about either pro-life or about how much of a 'racist' they are because they are white.  Because the left has overplayed their hand on the later point, this is the rare election where they aren't going to be able to paint the GOP as 'wacky religious nuts want to take away women's rights', which they have been very successful doing the past 25 years.  Instead the left will be busy defending themselves as the wacky nuts who support domestic terrorists in Portland.

The quickest way to a Biden election would be to shift that focus back to abortion.  So for those who really want to limit abortion, your best strategy is (as always) to STFU about it.

35 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

I think the 'solidify the base' approach is almost always a loser.  Nobody who really cares about pro-life is voting for Biden.  The people Trump needs to be concerned about about the swing voters in the swing state...

Never take your base for granted. Hillary did in 2016, and it bit her in the ass. There was even a book.

Be not afraid  to state the truth.

That being said, this not "what the Republicans are hanging their hat on" as stated above.

99% of their announcements are about other things,

so it does no harm to remind the public who is Pro-life,  and who are posing as fake Christians.

9 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

Never take your base for granted. Hillary did in 2016, and it bit her in the ass. There was even a book.

I agree you need to keep your base excited/engaged, but I don't think that's an issue for Trump.  He's the master at that game.

Otherwise, I think 2016 was more a matter of her party abandoning the upper mid-west base over time in favor of identify politics that appeals to the coasts.  It was coming for a while but covered up because Obama was a likable candidate and produced massive black turnout.  

7 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

I would add that Kamala Harris is emphatically anti-Christian/Catholic. She has gone so far as to insist that being a Catholic automatically disqualifies someone from a federal judge chair because Catholics hold 'extreme positions.'

Given how much money PP has given to Kamala (they essentially paid for her Senate seat in exchange for raiding Delaiden's house for the PP tapes), it wouldn't surprise me to see Pence stick the anti-Catholic bit to her during the debates. Abortion is a good way to corner her.

2 hours ago, 3rdnlng said:

Hoax.  A fetus is not a baby, and also is not a person.  

23 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Be not afraid  to state the truth.

That being said, this not "what the Republicans are hanging their hat on" as stated above.

99% of their announcements are about other things,

so it does no harm to remind the public who is Pro-life,  and who are posing as fake Christians.

Do real Christians support hurling paper towels at those in need?  

• Haha (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Hoax.  A fetus is not a baby, and also is not a person.  

Do real Christians support hurling paper towels at those in need?  

Is that a rule of just a scattering of states? NYS allows a viable human being to be chopped up or pulled apart right up to exiting the womb. In other states this would be illegal but is just immoral in NYS. 

• Like (+1) 1

"Before Samuel was even born, I was told his life wouldn’t be worth living. When early tests revealed he had Down syndrome..."

"... our doctor encouraged me to terminate the pregnancy. He said, 'If you do not, you will be burdening your life, your family, and your community.'
... When we went to register Samuel for kindergarten, we were told to just put him where he would be comfortable. Don’t stress him out by trying to teach him. When we pushed for him to attend his neighborhood school with his sisters, we were told, 'Just go home and let us do what we do.'

When I inquired about functional learning, I was told, 'This is all you get, like it or not.' Well, I did not like it. One size did not fit all. So, I helped fight to pass legislation in Ohio for a special needs scholarship, so that all students could choose the right program for their needs. I worked to start a new functional learning program at our local private school. Finally, Samuel had an appropriate place to learn.

Last December, Samuel was invited to the White House to meet our President and share his thoughts on education freedom. He said, 'School choice helped my dreams come true. My school taught me the way I learn best. I was able to fit in. I made many friends. I became a part of my community. My teachers helped me become the best I can be.' President Trump shook my hand and said, 'Wonderful job, mom. Your son is amazing.'"

From last night's GOP convention, a woman named Tara Myers.

Here's the video. I am especially touched at the part where she quotes her son:

• Like (+1) 1