Bills Digest

BillsNYC

I subscribed to Bills Digest the first year it was offered. Never got around to re-subcribing last season. Is it worth it to subscribe to it again?

288899[/snapback]

I am still subscribed to it, but I haven't read an issue this year. I will not be renewing. I was not impressed with the first issues I read.

I subscribe for two reasons... the draft issue and the media guide. 

288922[/snapback]

You can get a media guide from the Bills and you can buy the draft issue from a newsstand. You can save yourself some money by not getting a full subscription.

The media guide is free? How do you get one?

288933[/snapback]

If you know the right people. Otherwise, you can purchase one from the Bills. It is still cheaper than a subscription to Bills Digest.

I don't know if I will be renewing the Bills Digest either. I loved Shout. I thought the draft issue of Shout was great but the Bill Digest sucked. I also been having problem with Bill Digest being sent late. If I like this years draft issue I will renew if not I will not.

The biggest problem I have with it was that it always came late as someone else already mentioned. I don't care to read about a game that took place three weeks ago. Having said that the draft issue is o.k., but nothing compared to Shout.

I subscribed to "Shout" and "Bills Digest". Gotta say, on a whole, as much as I like getting them, they were both pretty unsatisfying reads. What both lack/lacked was an "insider" info.

I actually think that last years' draft preview of the "Bills Digest" was better than "Shouts". I was always struck, with "Shout" how little insight they seemed to have into what the team might actuyally do, as opposed to "educated guesses" that we might all make...

That being said, the biggest problem with "Shout" was the horrid mail service...I have not had that problem nearly as much with "Bills Digest", and I live deep in the heart of Texas. I pretty much always receive it on the Friday or Saturday before the game....

All in all, if I lived in Buffalo, and got more Bills coverage of any kind, I likely wouldn't read it regularly. I find TSW much more informative, and am surprised how much better connected some posters here are, with the actual day to day stuff with the Bills...still, though, I like all the pretty pictures!

I don't know if I will be renewing the Bills Digest either. I loved Shout. I thought the draft issue of Shout was great but the Bill Digest sucked.

289034[/snapback]

Amen. While Shout! was likely to show up on the Left Coast the Monday after the featured game, at least the content gave the appearance of being relatively free of pressure from the organization. It was about two issues into Digest when it became perfectly clear that it too closely favored an internal corporate newsletter.

That's the problem with Print Media.... never timely enough compared to what you find online....

It's funny, when I've gotten newspapers of any sort.... it's like reading yesterday's news...

I thought about getting the online subscription to BD... but given these reviews I think I won't bother.

I subscribed to Bills Digest the first year it was offered. Never got around to re-subcribing last season. Is it worth it to subscribe to it again?

288899[/snapback]

YO MATT...its me SID:

Nah don't subscribe man save the money for McFaddens....you can get any and all news about the BILLS everywhere on the web and on ESPN...thats what I do.....

YO MATT...its me SID:

Nah don't subscribe man save the money for McFaddens....you can get any and all news about the BILLS everywhere on the web and on ESPN...thats what I do.....

289871[/snapback]

So that's why you don't know anything.