The Worst Acts of the Trump Administration

Eh...DT's worst act is the complete loss of a chance - he was incapable of doing what people asked and expected of him....and at the end of his tenure....all we will likely have is a big tax bill. He has yet to change anything substantively or in a lasting manner.

• Giving the finger to the UN? Kewl!
  • Tweaked NAFTA? - Call me with the big economic news…
  •  NK, Iran, PPP, Paris Accord....awesome...you started something you can't change or finish....
  • The wall? The wall is  a pathetic response and small minded answer to the complicated socioeconomic issues that are the cause of the migrants....even if it goes up....won't stop people clamoring to become part of the US and escape the hell they live in...
  • Health Care?...whifffff
  • Moving our Israeli embassy...who cares
  • China - good for him for starting something others haven't - problem is - the Chinese are going to calculate he isn't long for this job and at this point - DT is not capable of getting anything of substance done....they will just wait him out now....same with Iran....same with NK....
  • Tax Cuts....means nothing without spending cuts....taxes will have to be raised to fix the deficit...
  • Cutting environmental regulations....meh....they will just get changed back....
  • Global Warming....yes ignoring is always a good idea....
  • Drain the swamp....?
  • Conservative judges? I have no idea what the gleeful expectation is.....someone give me an example....

There was a window for someone to come in and be different - out of the box - change the Paradigm.....unfortunately through the magic of the electoral college we got a guy who wasn't ready for the opportunity...will add nothing of long substance and will likely leave us with a tab that has to be paid...

20 minutes ago, unbillievable said:

1)He put children in chicken coops and sent their parents back to die in their home countries.

1)He killed us all (eventually)by pulling out of the Paris Climate Agreement.

1)His tweets create terrorists.

1)His very existence causes criminals to commit crimes

1)He continues to be orange.

Point of note:

We were never actually in the Paris Accords.  

21 minutes ago, unbillievable said:

1)He put children in chicken coops and sent their parents back to die in their home countries.

1)He killed us all (eventually)by pulling out of the Paris Climate Agreement.

NotSureIfSerious.jpg

2 hours ago, unbillievable said:

Antifa would still be around, they'd just blame their asshattery on something else

2 hours ago, unbillievable said:

#orangelivesmatter

6 hours ago, billsfan89 said:

Personally I think Trump's biggest mistakes are mistakes that most Republicans would have made. The media goes on and on about his mean tweets while completely ignoring or mostly ignoring his awful policies. 

Big tax cuts that mostly benefit the wealthy and aren't doing enough for the economy but are widening deficits. He is destroying environmental regulations and not pushing green energy. Trump is trying to further deregulate finical markets that are already very loosely regulated, he is also trying to destroy the anti-trust regulations, and Trump is offering nothing but vapid solutions to the healthcare issues (Although I do like his price transparency push I think it has limited effectiveness.) Trump's solution on infrastructure was to privatize it and give private industry tax breaks to essentially subsidize the building and pay high fees to private companies for use of infrastructure. He also is responsible for the war crime of separating children from parents and his general push for a wall is hilariously misguided. 

Although I don't think everything he is doing is bad. Engaging diplomatically with North Korea is a good thing, getting out of Syria is a good thing, and although I think he has gone about it terribly his push against trade deals with China and NAFTA is in general a good thing to tackle. I think the economic policy Trump has pursued is horrid and will lead to another 08 style crash/recession. Now I think recessions aren't avoidable but Trump is doing the same agenda that Clinton/Bush 2 did that led to things being worse than a standard recession. 

I do think that there are other issues with his general management of his presidency but the media obsesses over mean tweets and soundbites while he does disastrous policy decisions that actually matter. 

Sigh.....

Let's start with which nation had the largest CO2 reductions (2017), yup, the U.S.  Let's see if we can lead the way in 2018 as well.  Green energy will continue to proliferate as it becomes more cost effective. 

http://www.aei.org/publication/chart-of-the-day-in-2017-us-had-largest-decline-in-co2-emissions-in-the-world-for-9th-time-this-century/

Tax cuts were across the board but brackets below about $150K had larger decreases and "the wealthy" above $250K are still subject to the additional .9% medicare tax and 3.8% obamacare tax in addition to their higher income tax rate.  Caps on state income tax deductions on fed returns negatively affect higher income earners.  https://www.kdpllp.com/2017-vs-2018-federal-income-tax-brackets/       

Large deficits though are a problem we agree on. 

Infrastructure improvements would be nice but we are not in a good enough fiscal position to have the fed completely fund and manage it IMO. 

The parent/child separation at border is SOP.  We can't jail the kids in cells full of mixed adults and let's not forget who brought the kids into that environment even after being told how they will be detained. 

Edited by keepthefaith

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, B-Man said:

The Worst Acts of the Trump Administration

Dw6QK1tUwAAdUej.jpgThis is, without question, THE metaphor for Trump.

Dw6NjrZUwAANi4q.jpg.................Dw6OmVRW0AATVJu.jpg

I see Wnedys and McDonalds. 

Does anybody see Chik-Fil-A, cuz if Trump served Chik-Fil-A it proves Trump hates gay people.  Plus it's fried chicken, so it's subtly racist against the black players.

• Haha (+1) 1

• 1 month later...

This thread is interesting. What is most striking is this:

"6)  Assuming Rushing, Murphy and Readler are confirmed next week, Trump  will  have exceeded Reagan's circuit judge total during RR's first term (34  v.  33)."

Judges. And it is only year 2 of the Trump administration. If this keeps up, lawfare, as the Democrats know it today, may very well be a thing of the past. 

• Like (+1) 2