NFL schedule makers, I know it might be considered a mortal sin, but...

...how about you schedule Buffalo vs New England for week 17 next year...oh, wait...and you have the game in Buffalo.

Yes...yes...yes, yes, you are not reading that wrong.  The Pats going on the road for the final game against a division opponent who may not be a push over for them to play at this time next year.

No...I know you think it might be a little much for the Pats just before the playoffs...yes, I also know you are worried that at home, possibly in January, even if Buffalo may (may) have nothing to play for they might be a little physically imposing on the Pats.

Don't be a moron.  I know Tom turns 42 in the late summer, and I live here so I know Buffalo is cold and that Bills fans may be inhospitable towards him.

Just pat yourself on the back and just think of it as getting the Patriots ready for the post season.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

Depending on the FA moves made by the Bills, if they look like they'll be a somwhat improved team, wouldn't be surprised to see a Monday or Thursday night game against Cleveland to have Mayfield vs Allen.  I'm sure the prelim schedule is worked on very soon, but likely tweaked after the first few weeks of FA to see how the landscape looks for next year.

1 hour ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Depending on the FA moves made by the Bills, if they look like they'll be a somwhat improved team, wouldn't be surprised to see a Monday or Thursday night game against Cleveland to have Mayfield vs Allen.  I'm sure the prelim schedule is worked on very soon, but likely tweaked after the first few weeks of FA to see how the landscape looks for next year.

Schedules are are usually done before free agency.

i think they set up all the Monday, Thursday, Sunday night slots and 425 feature games and week 17 and byes before they run a scheduling algorithm.

if they were to do buffalo at Cleveland  it would be something on Monday night early in the season like weeks 3-5.  Unsure how many Thursday night games were Fox games or ngoni gsmes. If one week it’s nfln week ruthenium it coukd be put then.