Josh Allen during the pick 6

Another Fan

11 hours ago, Houston's #1 Bills Fan said:

It really reminded me of when Kelly got intercepted one time and totally destroyed the guy! I believe he broke his leg! Kelly was pissed and took it out on that guy!! I see the same fire from Josh and I love that!!

Found it. Anthony Phillips:

I'm sure Kelly was pissed but you almost make it sound like a dirty play - looks to me like Kelly just dove and got whatever he could of the guy.

1 hour ago, Bangarang said:

I actually don’t want my starting QB throwing blocks or trying to tackle guys. Obviously his instincts take over in situations like that but please don’t get hurt doing it, especially in a meaningless game. We need him healthy for the offseason so he can get back to work and improve his game.

I agree on the blocks in a meaningless game, that one block  (90?)I was praying he wasn't going to do it, you could see it a mile away, Bug Josh put his shoulder right into the guy...he shouldn't be doing things like that, certainly not after we are out of the playoff picture

6 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I'm sure Kelly was pissed but you almost make it sound like a dirty play - looks to me like Kelly just dove and got whatever he could of the guy.

His ankle just landed awkwardly, it wasnt a dirty play imo, all he could go for was his legs

1 minute ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

I agree on the blocks in a meaningless game, that one block  (90?)I was praying he wasn't going to do it, you could see it a mile away, Bug Josh put his shoulder right into the guy...he shouldn't be doing things like that, certainly not after we are out of the playoff picture

The way the Pats* took every opportunity to hit him (often late), I’d hate to give them the chance to blow him up while trying to block. Heck, they’d rather hit Allen than the guy with the ball! 

1 hour ago, WideNine said:

At this stage I think such comments are a bit silly. Josh Allen (even with the growing pains) out performs more than a few NFL QBs who have "stayed" in the league.

The question is more is he the right QB for the Bills to get them to the next level.

I can think of 3-4 teams without much effort that would give a lot to have Allen with all his "quarterbacking basics" flaws, vs what they now have behind center.

I agree with this. There's zero chance Allen is a Locker like bust. Too competitive and too talented. The very WORST case scenario is a guy like Tannehill who sticks around but is never quite "good enough." He's going to be here for quite awhile. Considering my skepticism, it was my hope that he'd prove me wrong or completely bust so we could move on. Since the latter is out the door, all I can do is hope for continued growth. My confidence level went from 0 pre draft to 45 at this point in time.

12 hours ago, Another Fan said:

I know he’s just doing what he’s supposed to do but I thought that was pretty cool he tried to tackle Jones and swipe the ball.  He didn’t give up on the play and pout his head.  Even before the second half started little things like that make me more and more confident in him.  

That showed me that Josh Allen is not a *****, like Tom Brady is.

17 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

I agree with this. There's zero chance Allen is a Locker like bust. Too competitive and too talented. The very WORST case scenario is a guy like Tannehill who sticks around but is never quite "good enough." He's going to be here for quite awhile. Considering my skepticism, it was my hope that he'd prove me wrong or completely bust so we could move on. Since the latter is out the door, all I can do is hope for continued growth. My confidence level went from 0 pre draft to 45 at this point in time.

ESPN did a nice write up on the Bills and Josh.

Said his total QBR before his injury was an abysmal 32.4, after coming back from injury it jumped to over 58 which was good for 16th best for starting QBs in the league. The Bills offense also jumped from dead last in yds/game to the top half.

Considering Allen was the least experienced of the 2018 draft QB class and also considered the biggest project, I like how his game is trending.

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, MiltonWaddams said:

Is it too early to have a Josh Allen jersey tattooed on my entire torso? It really seems like it's time......

Well someone got one of the "leap" after the Vikings game so go right ahead :)

I still remember that Kelly tackle after all these years. When it happened I had very little sympathy too... he had dared to pick Jimbo (doh!). Haaaaa... youth