who will have a higher QB rating in '05 ?

Losman or Bledsoe. Assuming both play 16 gmes next year. Who has the better QB rating and why?

287674[/snapback]

I say Losman will be about the same as last year, and be a 79 or an 80, and Bledsoe should drop to an 85, cuz madden still gets wood over him...

oh wait, QB rating, not madden rating... :angry:

Losman. He's basically a rookie starter so the coaching staff isn't gonna just hand him the ball and tell him to go win the game. Rather he'll just be expected to not lose it while McGahee and the Defense do the rest

Bledsoe on the other hand is teaming up with Meshawn, Terry Glenn, no running game and a poor defense. The Big Tuna's gonna hand him the ball and tell him to pass like its 1999 :angry:

In all fairness, remember the first few games Bledsoe had here? He was on fire. Why? The 'lightning out of the bottle' effect (as Howard Simon put it). They DO have a decent run game with Julius Jones, Keyshawn and Terry are above average wideouts, and the defense is getting better... Drew will likely have a few great games, bolstering his average into the low-80s, making the Bills release of Drew look bad (only temporarily).

In the end though, the "pat, sack, fumble" engine will start reving up. Just for fun: Bledsoe- 77 (by end of year), Losman- 79. One is a washup, the other a rookie. It's going to be interesting to say the least.

Get over comparing to Bledsoe already. BLEDSOE IS GONE! Im sure Jp wants to be compared to noone but JP. JP is now OUR QB. Jesus

287721[/snapback]

......"I'm sure JP wants to be compared to no one but JP".......Stop your freakin' whining. If you have an opinon, state it. Otherwise, quit your bitchin'!!

Based on poor play or injury? I'm assuming you're referring to poor play.

287763[/snapback]

No, injury. Fact is, most QBs don't last a full 16 games. DB does, and Favre does, but not many others.

CW

Losman.  He's basically a rookie starter so the coaching staff isn't gonna just hand him the ball and tell him to go win the game.  Rather he'll just be expected to not lose it while McGahee and the Defense do the rest

Bledsoe on the other hand is teaming up with Meshawn, Terry Glenn, no running game and a poor defense.  The Big Tuna's gonna hand him the ball and tell him to pass like its 1999 :angry:

287687[/snapback]

Cowboys have maybe the best young back from last years draft. hes gonna do plenty to help drew.

however, no one can force him to throw the ball. more sacks and no wins in big games.

losman for sure

more sacks and no wins in big games. 

And again, Bledsoe was sacked less per game than Brady was, once we put WM in the game.

I can also guarantee that Losman will lose "big games" because the definition of that around here is "Superbowl." Unrealistic, but that's the definition I've been given.

CW

Losman.  He's basically a rookie starter so the coaching staff isn't gonna just hand him the ball and tell him to go win the game.  Rather he'll just be expected to not lose it while McGahee and the Defense do the rest

Bledsoe on the other hand is teaming up with Meshawn, Terry Glenn, no running game and a poor defense.  The Big Tuna's gonna hand him the ball and tell him to pass like its 1999 :angry:

287687[/snapback]

Actually, Bledsoe is stepping into a pretty decent offensive situation. He has a top notch TE, better than average receivers, and a very good offensive line...not sure where you get the "no runnig game" thing either...Julius Jones was very impressive for the Cowboys in the latter half of 2004. The Cowboys will be better with Bledsoe. I am not saying they are a cinch to make the playoffs, but they will be better...

In all fairness, remember the first few games Bledsoe had here? He was on fire. Why? The 'lightning out of the bottle' effect (as Howard Simon put it). They DO have a decent run game with Julius Jones, Keyshawn and Terry are above average wideouts, and the defense is getting better... Drew will likely have a few great games, bolstering his average into the low-80s, making the Bills release of Drew look bad (only temporarily).

In the end though, the "pat, sack, fumble" engine will start reving up. Just for fun: Bledsoe- 77 (by end of year), Losman- 79. One is a washup, the other a rookie. It's going to be interesting to say the least.

287725[/snapback]

I wouldn't be show sure about this. Parcells really developed the model for having team success with Bledsoe in the season he had Bledsoe QB them to an SB berth. A key to this was his coaching Bledsoe away from the pat, sack, fumble model y harping on Bledsoe to "just pass the damn ball" in pracice after practice when he would hang onto it looking to thread it in to a receiver using his cannon arm.

The success of this being the way for a team to get the most out of Bledsoe was underscored by Bledsoe ironically turning into the perfect #2 QB when Lewis unceremoniously benched him with a collapsed lung.

Bledsoe turned out to be the perfect guy for the Frank Reich role as Brady has given him ample credit for helping him learn the Pro game in his first season playing by standing on the sideline and giving Brady vet advice of what Bledsoe could see but the youngater Brady had never seen before whenever he came to the sideline (Bledsoe does not appear to be capable of doing the walking and chewing gum at the same time of making the right pass while waiting to get hit, but there appears to be nothing wrong with his ability to dissect the game from the sideline.

Further, to the key point of this thread, when Bledsoe was forced into the championship game by an injury to Brady, he not only threw the winning pass as a sub, but fortunately for the Pats, he struggled a bit with an offense made more conservative for Brady and created no QB controversy by winning the game with no style points whatsoever.

If this was not enough of a lesson that the way to get the most productivity out of Bledsoe is to use him as a change-up rather than rely on his extraordinary arm, Killdrive as has been pointed out had great success iniitially being pass-happy with Bledsoe, but as the season went on and opposing teams got more tape on Bledsoe, they figured out with Belichectk providing a textbook in his games against the Bills how to neurtalize him using his bad tendenices Killdrive stuck with.

Lo and behold, the Bills in 04 got off to a lurching start with Bledsoe at the helm last year. but MM and Clements used an alarm clock set for 4 seconds after the snap to remind Bledsoe to throw the damn ball and even did a mcu better job neutralizing the blitz as a guranteed tool against Bledsoe using the outside running threat of WM, employing the Bledsoe years to successfully pull off a number of flea flickers and shockingly even using Bledsoe to run the QB draw which I don't remember Killdrive doing at all.

Will Bledsoe have a better year with the Cowboys than the Bills? Hard to say as so much depends on how the team plays around your whether a QB will have a good year (W/L is really the only important measure). However, I would not be surprised to se Bledsoe have a very good year in terms of QB rating (not the same thing at all as W/L as folks really overemphasize the import of the QB to winning the game). All through his career we have seen lesson after lesson in how to actually get your team far with Bledsoe as a player and how to not do well at all with Bledsoe as your QB. The key to production for the team with him as QB is to use his arm as a threat and not to depend on him combining his arm and head to carry your team. Bledsoe is simply not good enough to do this.

The interesting thing is that as Bledsoe gets older if he ever gets it through his athletic pride that the way for him to do more (winning) is for him to do less (passing) I think he will do well. Both Bledsoe and his coaches unfortunately as I think Clements relied on him a bit too much against Pitts last year seem to have to learn this lesson again and again.

Who in gods name do you think your talking to newbie I mean Billsoverdue. I wasnt bitchin you moron. Im just stating that we shouldnt compare Jp to anyone but JP<---Thats an opinion MORON! Didnt you see I stated that in my post dumbs%$t.

287822[/snapback]

http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?act=boardrules

Obviously you missed the Terms and Service part about attacking posters instead of their posts! :angry:

And again, Bledsoe was sacked less per game than Brady was, once we put WM in the game.

I can also guarantee that Losman will lose "big games" because the definition of that around here is "Superbowl."  Unrealistic, but that's the definition I've been given.

CW

287771[/snapback]

CW either get off the guys nuts or dress your kids in little star outfits. He is gone and that is that..GEEZ let it go man.

CW either get off the guys nuts or dress your kids in little star outfits. He is gone and that is that..GEEZ let it go man.

287850[/snapback]

Why you getting on his case. The question was who would have a higher rating and he was giving his opinion and why.

Personally I think the rating will be equal assuming we get a decent LT and LG, otherwise Drew will have a much higher rating. However, I suspect that Drew will be much more successful this year regardless of the line we put in front og JP.

It is an opinion that was asked for, he gave his, and now I gave mine. Just because I think someone will be better doesn't mean I am rooting for that player or that team, I objectively looked at each situation and assessed it based on current rosters and my football knowledge.

I wouldn't be show sure about this. Parcells really developed the model for having team success with Bledsoe in the season he had Bledsoe QB them to an SB berth. A key to this was his coaching Bledsoe away from the pat, sack, fumble model y harping on Bledsoe to "just pass the damn ball" in pracice after practice when he would hang onto it looking to thread it in to a receiver using his cannon arm.

The success of this being the way for a team to get the most out of Bledsoe was underscored by Bledsoe ironically turning into the perfect #2 QB when Lewis unceremoniously benched him with a collapsed lung.

Bledsoe turned out to be the perfect guy for the Frank Reich role as Brady has given him ample credit for helping him learn the Pro game in his first season playing by standing on the sideline and giving Brady vet advice of what Bledsoe could see but the youngater Brady had never seen before whenever he came to the sideline (Bledsoe does not appear to be capable of doing the walking and chewing gum at the same time of making the right pass while waiting to get hit, but there appears to be nothing wrong with his ability to dissect the game from the sideline.

Further, to the key point of this thread, when Bledsoe was forced into the championship game by an injury to Brady, he not only threw the winning pass as a sub, but fortunately for the Pats, he struggled a bit with an offense made more conservative for Brady and created no QB controversy by winning the game with no style points whatsoever.

If this was not enough of a lesson that the way to get the most productivity out of Bledsoe is to use him as a change-up rather than rely on his extraordinary arm, Killdrive as has been pointed out had great success iniitially being pass-happy with Bledsoe, but as the season went on and opposing teams got more tape on Bledsoe, they figured out with Belichectk providing a textbook in his games against the Bills how to neurtalize him using his bad tendenices Killdrive stuck with.

Lo and behold, the Bills in 04 got off to a lurching start with Bledsoe at the helm last year. but MM and Clements used an alarm clock set for 4 seconds after the snap to remind Bledsoe to throw the damn ball and even did a mcu better job neutralizing the blitz as a guranteed tool against Bledsoe using the outside running threat of WM, employing the Bledsoe years to successfully pull off a number of flea flickers and shockingly even using Bledsoe to run the QB draw which I don't remember Killdrive doing at all.

Will Bledsoe have a better year with the Cowboys than the Bills? Hard to say as so much depends on how the team plays around your whether a QB will have a good year (W/L is really the only important measure). However, I would not be surprised to se Bledsoe have a very good year in terms of QB rating (not the same thing at all as W/L as folks really overemphasize the import of the QB to winning the game). All through his career we have seen lesson after lesson in how to actually get your team far with Bledsoe as a player and how to not do well at all with Bledsoe as your QB. The key to production for the team with him as QB is to use his arm as a threat and not to depend on him combining his arm and head to carry your team. Bledsoe is simply not good enough to do this.

The interesting thing is that as Bledsoe gets older if he ever gets it through his athletic pride that the way for him to do more (winning) is for him to do less (passing) I think he will do well. Both Bledsoe and his coaches unfortunately as I think Clements relied on him a bit too much against Pitts last year seem to have to learn this lesson again and again.

287816[/snapback]

Great analysis and, this time, no hidden agenda. Thanks! We need more posts like this.

Bledsoe has never really had a high quarterback rating. Even when he throws for 4000 yards. With that said, my money has to be on JP. I think that JP will start out running out of the gate (hopefully not literally running too much). Every team is going to be afraid of McGahee, because he will want 2000 yards this year. Look for JP to look amazing, inconsistent, but better than Bledsoe.

I can guarantee one thing: Whichever of those two has the higher QB rating, it will mean pretty close to nothing about which of those two played better or was more important to his team.

287753[/snapback]

You've got it. Intangibles can be more important than stats.

Before I retired, I used to say that to my employers. They didn't buy it... :P

288201[/snapback]

:D

Neither do the stat-hounds in here who spend more time with a calculator than actually watching the games. :lol:

"40,000 yards, blah blah blah...". 0:)

287816[/snapback]

the only thing drew taught tom was,how not to play the game. drew said to tom,watch footage of me then do the opposite. tom is a nice guy and will say nice things about anybody(including drew) so of course tom will give some credit to drew.these two guys have such different games,i cant see what a bum like drew could teach tom. tom already knew how to play the game. drews advice to tom right before brady took the field for the very last drive vs st.louis to win the superbowl was-JUST SLING IT-. sling it? whats that garbage suppose to mean???? throw the ball deep,hard,and let there be a pretty spiral to it so you can say you slinged it? even if you receivers are covered like glue? how about saying something like hey,be smart,accurate and find the open man no matter where he is. if he gets tackled in bounds, quicky get to the line and spike the ball ect.

the only thing drew taught tom was,how not to play the game. drew said to tom,watch footage of me then do the opposite. tom is a nice guy and will say nice things about anybody(including drew) so of course tom will give some credit to drew.these two guys have such different games,i cant see what a bum like drew could teach tom. tom already knew how to play the game. drews advice to tom right before brady took the field for the very last drive vs st.louis to win the superbowl was-JUST SLING IT-.  sling it? whats that garbage  suppose to mean???? throw the ball deep,hard,and let there be a pretty spiral to it so you can say you slinged it? even if you receivers are covered like glue?    how about saying something like hey,be smart,accurate and find the open man no matter where he is. if he gets tackled in bounds, quicky get to the line and spike the ball ect.

288228[/snapback]

Hey, man.......Drew may not be able to throw it 80 yards anymore.....but he CAN throw it 78.

I think a more important question is which team will have more wins in 2005 - DullAss or The Bills?

Frankly, if JP has a QB rating of .25 and The Bills get into the playoffs - who cares? OK, Losman and his agent will care - but will any Bills fan care? Who's going to be saying this?

"Gee, I been feeling really bad for weeks now.

Losman's QB rating is lower than Drew's!

Oh, the humanity! I feel so low."